Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169760 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1170 on: February 11, 2014, 08:26:36 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug, but has anyone else been having issues with Slag disposal? Ive been telling my guys to dump Slag in the Slag Pit thing, but its...producing Slag Doors at an alarming rate. Im talking hundreds of Slag Doors. I did order it to make some Slag Doors a while ago, but that order has long since been completed, and ive just been setting it to repeatedly dispose of the Slag since.
I just attempted to make some slag tables and the workshop is now cluttered to the point of yellow which I know is at least the third level of being cluttered and just level one of clutter is a lot.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 11, 2014, 09:36:49 pm »

So I place a pylon on my refuse pile. The undead that gets animated instantly goes and attacks the pylon and kills it while all my units go running towards the undead to kill them. What. I tried searching around and doesn't seem like anyone has run into this, and there doesn't seem to be anything that points as to why this is in the manual.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 11, 2014, 11:15:01 pm »

So I place a pylon on my refuse pile. The undead that gets animated instantly goes and attacks the pylon and kills it while all my units go running towards the undead to kill them. What. I tried searching around and doesn't seem like anyone has run into this, and there doesn't seem to be anything that points as to why this is in the manual.

I've been having the same trouble with the necromatic circle and torture chamber. It's not 100%. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes, they immediately attack everything.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1173 on: February 12, 2014, 02:59:08 am »

I noticed the same. But its super tricky, as these reaction should only work when a prisoner is on there... so the reaction gives an interaction to the worker, and the worker gives another interaction to a prisoner, who then needs to do 2-3 of those (the announcement, the self-damage and the item-drop). Sadly, even with correct interaction hints I cant always force them to do all of them at the same time. -.-
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 12, 2014, 09:45:17 am »

Is there a way to completely disable Vampires from coming to my Fort? I mean, i know about the worldgen option, but will that stop even the Vampire "caste" from showing up? Getting tired of these guys draining my Warlocks/Ghouls a few weeks after drinking two barrels of blood wine. I swear i am just going to crush these guys with bridges from now on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1175 on: February 12, 2014, 09:55:20 am »

No, not atm. They are not actual vampires, but a caste.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 12, 2014, 01:11:14 pm »

Can we get some new reactions at the Inscriptor for quick-upgrading Skeletons? As in, rather than 5 separate reactions to get a skill to legendary, have just a single reaction that uses x5 the materials and raises a skill by 15 points?

Also is Dreadnought straight up better than Bloodsteel for weapons? I know it makes better armor with its 50% damage reduction.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 12, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »

they are already legendary, so the skillgain is irrelevant
important is that they create a masterwork...
Which no matter how many materials you give them, has the same chance... So you can't reduce that number, nope

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 12, 2014, 03:07:08 pm »

I think we are thinking of different things. I am talking about the reaction in the Inscriptor that gives a Skeleton +3 in a skill for the cost of 1 Soul and 3 Gems. Not the free reaction that makes a masterwork.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1180 on: February 13, 2014, 02:07:53 am »

Can we get some new reactions at the Inscriptor for quick-upgrading Skeletons? As in, rather than 5 separate reactions to get a skill to legendary, have just a single reaction that uses x5 the materials and raises a skill by 15 points?

Also is Dreadnought straight up better than Bloodsteel for weapons? I know it makes better armor with its 50% damage reduction.
I wont do such a reaction. Its easy enough to queue 5 of the normal ones to get up to legendary.

Dreadnought is a little bit better, and if I am not mistaken, (due to how the mechanics behind it work), a weapon would also give you a 50% damage reduction. But I am not absolutely sure.

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 13, 2014, 05:21:23 am »

I checked out the raws. Seems like Dreadnought is just straight up better than Bloodsteel, but weighs more. So if you have the option, always use Dreadnought, unless you do not want heavy armor/weapons. From what i read, it looks like it even makes better edged weapons than Orichalcum.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:57 pm »

I thought warlocks were supposed to be friendly to undead? I raised all corpses at the necromantic altar, and they started attacking my warlocks and skeletons. Also, if i call a siege of say, goblins at the emissary while I'm being attacked by dwarves or something similar, will the two sieges fight?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:29:37 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Shadowics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 14, 2014, 12:37:00 am »

I like the idea of this mod, but there's a few things I don't quite 'get':

1) What are the undead for, besides just theme I mean? On my first experimental fort, and have about 100 "Restless Walker" Zombies and 100 animated random parts: 'Undead Mandrill Heads' and so on. And none of them do anything. The only thing the Zombies have done so far is attack my Old Corpses and Pylons occasionally. They entirely ignore Wild Animals and Invaders. I even dropped a handful of Elven ambushers into a pit full of zombies, some of the zombies getting wounded by the falling elves, and still they just ignore each other. What am I doing wrong?

I tried making an acid disperser to see if Voodoo Acid would make 'hostile' undead, but neither the voodoo nor rotting acid seemed to have any effect on the targets. Also, are these plants only farmable in evil biomes? Making them from glumprongs is a little... awkward.

2) What are ghouls for? I get the magical warlocks and the cheap, disposable skeletons; but the ghouls are what? They're fast, and good at butchery, but I can just make more skeletons and butcher shops and have them do it in parallel instead. Early on my 3 ghouls all simultaneously came down with some flesh rotting disease that has them laid up in my hospital while my warlocks experiment on them for the past few years, and I didn't miss them. Moreover, even with my skeleton militia slaying the wild animals my zombies are ignoring, I'm having a hard time gathering enough meat to keep them fed. For how much they eat, it seems like it would be 'better' to just let them stave and focus on making more skeletons instead.

As an aside, I'm fine with the distant skeletons going feral rather than becoming slow an useless as was being discussed recently, I was just hoping they would do something, rather than just standing around idle as in #1.

3) A minor quibble, but why can hourglasses only be made from rocks, when glass would seem the more logical choice?

Misc bugs:
  • Under the workshops menu, the hotkey lowercase-d is on both Dyer's Shop and Stonecrafter's Shop.
  • I ground limestone boulders(3) to look for base materials, and ended up with limestone blocks(1)?
  • Slag Pit has "Make molten slag throne" listed twice.
  • Sawblades are called "Sawblades" in some places and "Saw Blades" in others; both in the manual, and in game.
  • One of the options under Demonic Attorney is "Buy 25 zombie flower for 2 souls", without a 'seeds'.
  • Skeletons have a 1% exp rate on everything Warlocks don't; except Bone Carving, which is -1% for all the castes. Intentional?

I'm playing MasterworkDF V4h with no changes except to set Warlocks as the only playable civ, and the tileset to ASCII. As an aside, some of your new workshops look a little wierd, but it's entirely playable. My biggest gripe would be that warlocks look like, well, necromancers; while the useless zombies look like dwarfs. This makes sense if you're playing a dwarf civ, but less so for warlocks. As a possible feature for Masterwork; if you select only one playable civ, could the characters get shuffled around to use the standard 'civ member' character for that race?

Overall though, thanks for making this; it was an interesting diversion.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:42:15 am by Shadowics »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 14, 2014, 01:08:49 am »

The ghouls are intended to fill the lasher/unarmed shock trooper and hunter role the skeletons can't really fill due to a lack of speed and as far as roles go, they're far faster butchers and excellent fishermen as well. Ghouls are able to run down all but the quickest critters and they can easily take care of all your hostile wildlife disposal needs (such as a small horde chasing down and ripping a giant tiger to shreds.) Skeletons can't really do that without enough guys to cut off the target's escape. At least not in my experience anyway.

As to the hourglasses out of rock it's a matter of economics. Rock will probably be the one thing the place has in over abundance besides bones and meat. Glass requires either fuel or magma and unless one embarks on a volcano, other things take a priority to making fuel, finding magma, and collecting sand until a much longer ways in.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 110