Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317278 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »

Fix self from dying.
Specifically, which wound? (The mortal one can't be fixed by conventional means)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2014, 04:33:57 pm »

Fix self from dying.
Specifically, which wound? (The mortal one can't be fixed by conventional means)

Well then, I'll simply PM my action.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2014, 05:58:01 pm »

Curbstomp. Finish it!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2014, 06:06:05 pm »

So, we have a bunch of people trying to kill steal TCM. That's hilarious.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2014, 06:14:35 pm »

"Why y'all gangbangin' on me? Did you learn that from seeing yo' momma' turnin' tricks?"

Mako Man's friends go nuts in the audience.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2014, 10:07:14 pm »

So, we have a bunch of people trying to kill steal TCM. That's hilarious.
Maybe I should join in, I don't think I've actually done an aggressive action yet :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

PM sent.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:01 pm »

"Why y'all gangbangin' on me? Did you learn that from seeing yo' momma' turnin' tricks?"

Mako Man's friends go nuts in the audience.
Augment previous action with the adverbs "slowly" and "painfully".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2014, 01:51:15 pm »

Turn 005

Thrakor eyeballs the plant.  Probably not a good thing to mess with.

Back up into the hallway a bit.  Continue magical science.

You don't like those plants. Yeah, they are releasing a colorless substance. That must be a kind of poisonous gas! And judging by how few of the other plants are here, it is dangerous for living beings!

You back to the middle of the hallway because of your paranoia. Then you test some magic:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A lot of bones plates, broken ribs and long bones belonging to unidentified organisms appear in front of you.

[Pot:6]

A golden line appears, then splits itself into many smaller lines, which in turn also split themselves into little lines that form a damned lot of nails in front of you. Then they fade away.

Looking back into the Greenhouse Room, you can see a weird object floating over your big diamond. It is an inverted pyramid made from a weird material. It appears to be a kind of golden translucent thing. It is filled with another dark semi transparent substance. It slowly descends into the diamond at its lower edge begins to slowly open, beginning to engulf the diamond. As the dark substance touches the diamond, both of them cease to exist. it appears that them just can't coexist. The size of the diamond makes the Pyramid to widen its opening even more, as its "mouth" can't eat the whole thing. Soon it has opened itself into a plane, and has lowered itself into the diamond, but it runs out of the dark substance to engulf it all, so it closes and lazily floats away. You are about to check what the fuck was that, but another one appears and sucks the little chunk of diamond that had not been eaten. It then floats away, much like the other.

Damn, now your possibilities of becoming rich are way lower.

((Huzzah! I have returned to my former magical strength!))
*ahem*
"I'm glad me and the sentient darkness could talk out our differences, seemed a nice chap, if

a bit gloomy."

*The professor takes note of the not ignorable amount of blood around his neck and nods, gingerly*
"Noted. Might have to do something about that, but first I have some scientific catching up to do!"

Magical turn of RAINBOWS and MOAR POWAR and stuff. Can we make rainbows?

((Prism Light Beam Water? Eh, close enough.))

You watch from the other side of the portal how goes the fight. Everything looks stained of blue from that position.

You try to make that wound to stop wasting blood on the outside of your body:

[Dex:5]

And you succeed. Now the bleeding is negligible and you have a nice red scarf around your neck.

You then try some magic:

[Pot:1+1=2]
A faint golden glimmer comes out of your body, but nothing happens.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and makes a drawing of a cow in front of you, then fades away.

Wow. That is a cat I don't think we should mess with.

Stomp Mako with my boot!

KILL.

"New target!"

SCIENTIFIC ASSAULT!

PM action.

Curbstomp. Finish it!

PM sent.

[DK Spd:5]
[Zentol Spd:2-1=1]
[Derm Spd:4]
[Mako Spd:4-1-1=2]
[Cromwell Spd:2]
[Flimsy Spd:2-1=1]

[Mako end:4] ((you don't faint))

The Dragon Knight decides to put an end to Mako's life, in a painful way, to make him pay for his crimes. Or just out of spite, nobody is going to judge him for killing someone who is hated by pretty much anybody.

[DK Dex:4]
[Mako Dex:2-1=1]

[DK Str:1+1=2]

Well he just kicks him more. It doesn't look to be doing much. Mainly because he is pretty much already dying, and kicking a bleeding person doesn't help in the bleeding process most of the time, unless the kick is applied where it must be applied.

Derm, meanwhile, decides that that psychopath who has been saying eldritch bullshit is dangerous too. He walks up to him as he is walking towards The Flimsy Wizard, and pronounces some words:

[Pot:6]
A golden line appears and quickly makes a huge lion out of itself, which then launches in an attack towards Zentol. He is not impressed, and his smile grows even wider as he sees another failure at being a wizard.

[Pot:1]
Another golden line appears, twists itself in a knot and then launches itself towards Zentol. As his smile can't grow wider his eyes do so. He is going to enjoy killing this wizard.

[Pot:3]
A bit of fire appears almost in Zentol's position, but it quickly is sucked by Zentol's crystal shield, which now has an orange tone. Is this guy untouchable by magic too? Damn.

[Pot:1]
[Derm end:4]

A lot of static electricity forms around derm and invades his body. He manages to stand against it, but he feels that his body has suffered it, as is has gone slightly numb.

[Slight paralysis]

[Pot:2]
Another golden line appears and twists a little bit, then fades away.

Spd tie: Cromwell vs Mako:

[Comwell spd:2]
[Mako spd:1] ((didn't even bother to roll for the negative modifiers))

Cromwell wants to end the job too. He tries to curbstomp Mako:

[Cromwell Dex:6]
[Mako Dex:5-1-1=3]

[Cromwell Str:3-1=2]

He also kicks him, not doing much. But it appears that between The Dragon Knight's efforts and Cromwell's kicks they have somehow decreased even more Mako's expected life.

Mako just crawls away to the portal, enduring all the kicks. He just dives into it, and suddenly finds himself in a strange room. He can see octariney beams heading towards the ceiling, and lots of tiny crystal pyramids (which also look pretty sharp) coming out of the walls, except one. That wall has a big skull made of obsidian which is dripping green ooze. So, that's the tunnel to the afterlife? Wait, he hasn't died just yet.

[Pierced vital organ 1/3]

Back in the portal room, Zentol keeps going in his leisure walk towards The Flimsy Wizard.

Spd tie:

[Zentol spd:3] ((Also didn't bother to add the modifiers, they are both the same))
[Flimsy spd:5]

The Flimsy Wizard reacts first and unleashes the words he expected to fire at Mako:

[Pot:2+2-1=3]
A bit of dirt appears in front of you. Zentol is getting closer.

[Pot:3+2-1=4]
A golden line appears and forms the drawing of a cat before fading away. Zentol is in front of you, grinning like the eldritch psychopath he is. Damn magic! Why do you fail me?

[Pot:4+2-1=5]
A sizable burst of flame appears in front of you. You are almost going to smile, but then you see that it is absorbed by Zentol's shield, which becomes stained with an almost red orange color, visibly shaking in the process. As soon as it finishes to absorb the fire, it explodes in a burst of flame.

[Fimsy dex:2-1=1]

Flimsy is caught in the explosion, suffering minor burns in both of his arms and torso.

[Minor burns]

((Torso: speed and dexterity))

Zentol is not lucky, as the exploding object was being held in his hand. He suffered burns in his right arm, and minor burns in his torso and his right leg.

[Burned]

Character sheets

Character sheets
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

GM comments
Okay, this was a complicated turn, with many stuff.

I hinted the crystal stuff in the arcane room, but everybody was too focused on murder to explore the arena.

By the way, the damage of the explosion was halved between Zentol and Flimsy. It could have been worse, much worse.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.'
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2014, 02:24:47 pm »

Wow. Zentol really found some awesome words there.

I need to buff my magical abilities to non-sucky levels...

Pursue Mako. Stomp on his head, ending his life in what I hope is a painful way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »

Wow. Zentol really found some awesome words there.

I need to buff my magical abilities to non-sucky levels...

Pursue Mako. Stomp on his head, ending his life in what I hope is a painful way.
You are not likely to arive in time. And also you don't really know where he is.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2014, 03:27:01 pm »

2. Portal.
1. Aw...alright. Um. I think I have an idea...

Say Word if I find a good one, then charge at and attack Zentol while he is distracted! Also hope not to be caught in collateral damage.
Edit: Just Science. And hopes of not being collateral damage.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:13:05 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2014, 03:28:30 pm »

Focus pool regen.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:56:32 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2014, 03:36:38 pm »

Interesting.

Try Magical Plan Alpha.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »

Apply some pressure to my bleeding hand.

"Anyone got some cloth?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 197