Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317798 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »

By the way, we only lack mastacheese's action. Turn will probably come tomorrow, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »

"Y'all dumb."
Tear off clothing to obtain rags to seal wound with. Also, Chokeslam Derm.
Choose one action. Not allowing both on the same combat turn.
Duly noted. Action altered.
So you obviously chose the one that doesn't stop you from bleeding out.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2014, 06:22:55 pm »

"Y'all dumb."
Tear off clothing to obtain rags to seal wound with. Also, Chokeslam Derm.
Choose one action. Not allowing both on the same combat turn.
Duly noted. Action altered.
So you obviously chose the one that doesn't stop you from bleeding out.

Bleeding out? Maybe in 10 turns or something, it's Level I bleeding.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2014, 08:58:06 pm »

Yep, the effects from low level bleeding are negligible. Take that more as the bunch of effects of slashing damage, more than bleeding: like pain, loss of sensibility if something important has been severed and the like.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »

Run over to TCM, grab some pieces of chitin and stab furiously! (If I can't do that, just tackle him.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2014, 10:21:56 pm »

((Where's my Fighter brother? I could use some backup!))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2014, 07:26:42 am »

Run over to TCM, grab some pieces of chitin and stab furiously! (If I can't do that, just tackle him.)
You will default to just plain attacking him if he is still on ground.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:03 am »

Turn 004

Thrakor looked around.  Why did he have a serious case of deja vu, despite having no

idea where he was or what he was doing?

He ran for it.

Head east to the green room.  Say some Words.

You decide that going to where all the weird people is fighting is a bad idea. You wander through the mossy hallway until you reached another circular room filled with plants. On the center of it there was a lake. Vines were creeping through the walls, and some strange bulbs, that seemed to be the most abundant plant, were moving slightly, it appeared that some of them were growing in size. Huh.

You prepare yourself to do some magic.

[Pot:5+1=6]
Nothing happens. What a wonderful way to make you disbelieve in all this magic bullshit.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A huge diamond appears in front of you and falls to the ground, causing a visible crack in it.

You would be rich if there were some way to make it into money.

While you were cursing about all this shit, you notice that some of the bulbs are opening, revealing  absolutely nothing in them. Then they close again and become much smaller.

Why.
What in a pit of malevolence could I have possibly done to piss of the RNG thus.
Well, as per my MASTER PLAN... I'm not dead. Yippee. Not bad for a ZERO speed roll.

Begin plan: Continuing to not die despite VERY unhappy gods.

You run to the other side of the Portal Room, and find yourself devoid of psychopaths pursuers, that's nice.

You attempt then to get that darkness out of your face (metaphorically, of course).

[End:1]

You pester the metaphysical entity of the darkness. It appears to be receding on its own, but somehow, despite your poor efforts, you managed to make it leave you.

Now you have full pool!
((Did you guess the mechanics for this?))

Working on it.

Bootstomp Mako.

TCM you are an excellent magical punching bag.

Zentol chuckles a little.

"Zoth-hareth Halthel... Chall-thel Zoth-hareth Halthel...".

He looks at Unholy's corpse, and the volume of his chuckle rises.

"Shaazeshelial Chall-thel...?  Haeltheaol Harialtontall? 

Haeltheaol Zzers?"

He shakes his head as the volume continues to rise into a maniacal cackle.

+Dex +Murder.

((Really hoping this discussion doesn't lead to you nerfing me after I've made all these

enemies.  If you retroactively balance dex, can I at least switch to a mage build?))

Get up, launch at Derm with tackle, eat his facial features.

Run over to TCM, grab some pieces of chitin and stab furiously! (If I can't do that, just

tackle him.)

Quote from: Elephant Parade
PMed stuff

[DK Spd:2]
[Derm Spd:5]
[Zentol Spd:1-1-1=-1] No action!
[Mako Spd:4-2=2]
[Cromwell Spd:3+1=4]
[Flimsy spd:1-1=0]

Derm decides to keep using Mako for his experiments. He points at him again and unleashes a lot of words:

[Pot:5]
Another golden line appears and forms a pyramid.

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and forms a star. Wait, star drawings are smoother. That's a starfish!

[Pot:3]
A bit of sand appears in front of you.

[Pot:3]
Yet another golden line appears. It forms a square.

[Pot:6]
Another golden line appears and forms a huge bunny the size of your whole torso. That's a huuuge

bunny.

Meanwhile, Cromwell looks for a piece of chitin he can use to hit Mako. Well, there are some fragments big enough to be used as a kind of stabbity weapon. He grabs one at strikes at Mako:

[Mako Dex:1-1+1=1]
[Cromwell Dex:3]

[Cromwell Str:6-1=5]
[Cromwell Dex:6] ((This is too much luck))

Cromwell aims for Mako's chest and stabs him with his jagged piece of chitin. It goes through it

thanks to the great amount of force Cromwell put through it, and reaches a lung. Mako begins to cough as he suffocates with his own blood.

[Pierced vital organ 3/3]

[Bleeding II] ((Well, you are pretty near from dying from blood loss too. You are pretty much dead))

Cromwell then notices that his hand is also bleeding. Maybe grabbing something whose sharpness can hurt other people can also hurt you. Hmm.

[Bleeding II]

The Dragon Knight decides to end Mako's suffering, he tries to stomp on him again!

[Mako Dex:4-1+1=-1=3]
[DK Dex:3]

But Mako manages to roll away from the danger, despite the terrible pain.

The Flimsy Wizard, who had been observing all this massacre on that fellow, decides to do some magic:

[Pot:5+2-1=6]

Despite his headache, he manages to succeed in the spell:

A golden line appears, then begins making a drawing. It looks like a cat, but it seems a feral one, one which hasn't been domesticated. AFter finishing the drawing, there is a flash and a large cat made from dirt appears in front of you. Its hollow eyes are filled with flames, and it seems that all its inner body is the same, as it emits a bit of heat. It proceeds to look at everyone and show its teeth, in a classic "stay away from me" fashion.

Zentol enjoys a delightful laughter upon his dead victim. He then begins to walk slowly to the Portal Room. As he was still in the Southern hallway, he heard something. Turning around, he saw a macabre spectacle:

There was a sphere floating over Pariah's body. A pitch black sphere that was in turn being orbited by three other spheres the size of a soccer ball. One was white, and the two other were red. The blood still in Pariah's body was being attracted to one of the red spheres. It appears that as the blood touched it, it begun to disappear. Soon the dried blood got pulled from the floor and followed the same fate. Then Pariah's body begun to slowly and lazily fly in the direction of the black sphere. What comes next is something that would make some people faint (except Zentol, of course): the body begun to separate in its internal components, viscera and general muscle flying in the direction of the other red sphere, where bone flew towards the other one. The spheres were now covered in their respective materials around their circumferences. Slowly the external layer of bone and flesh begun to recede, until there was nothing left, just little pieces of cloth that fell to the ground, totally clean from any trace of blood.Zentol thought that he would like to do this to someone alive, but soon the big black sphere floated away, he couldn't see where.

Zentol then shrugged and kept walking to the Portal room. He met there another massacre, although less gory. There was also a dirt cat with eyes made of fire that was not looking at him (or anybody, actually) in a friendly manner.

Character sheets
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

GM comments

The combat system is working as intended, if you wonder about that. Ganging up on someone is effective, as with real life.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:53 am »

Wow. That is a cat I don't think we should mess with.

Stomp Mako with my boot!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2014, 10:40:11 am »

Thrakor eyeballs the plant.  Probably not a good thing to mess with.

Back up into the hallway a bit.  Continue magical science.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2014, 11:30:48 am »

((Huzzah! I have returned to my former magical strength!))
*ahem*
"I'm glad me and the sentient darkness could talk out our differences, seemed a nice chap, if a bit gloomy."
*The professor takes note of the not ignorable amount of blood around his neck and nods, gingerly*
"Noted. Might have to do something about that, but first I have some scientific catching up to do!"

Magical turn of RAINBOWS and MOAR POWAR and stuff. Can we make rainbows?

((Prism Light Beam Water? Eh, close enough.))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2014, 12:29:25 pm »

Magical turn of RAINBOWS and MOAR POWAR and stuff. Can we make rainbows?
You would have to make it manually, sadly.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »

((At first I thought you had missed my action, but I realized that it was just because I'm slow.  Ah well, sociopathic murder is slow and steady.

Hang in there, TCM))

Zentol tilts his head to the side as he watches the visceral orbs.

"Ralthel Ratheale Bethconthel Karenthar, Szaheeb, Plu-shastaron.  Shaazeshelial Bethconthel Worteal.  Ushaal, Orshaod Bethconthel?  Zarapel?  Garhantel?"

He shrugs as he walks out of the room.

Upon entering the portal room, the first thing he sees is the dirty feline, which causes him to smile widely as he emits a sound similar to a squee. "Rotheliez Zzeralthonth!  Chall-theeeel -Roncal-thol-!".  Zentol then looks around at the other occupants of the room, and his squee rises into a happy scream.

"SHAAZESHELIAL SHAELSHAR, SHAELSHAR, SHAELSHAR!"

KILL.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:29 pm »

"New target!"

SCIENTIFIC ASSAULT!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2014, 04:23:08 pm »

PM action.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:33:43 pm by TCM »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 197