Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317824 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #615 on: March 06, 2014, 11:25:05 am »

((I know what you're thinking GWG, let's see how this pans out... shall we? :D))
((I give it even odds you don't. But maybe.
And yes, let's see. We shall see.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 06, 2014, 08:44:10 pm »

((I know what you're thinking GWG, let's see how this pans out... shall we? :D))
It all depends on how the Random Number God is feeling, or Random.org in this case... (Random.God?)
I'm hedging my bets, playing to my strengths (Dex + Pot atm), keeping a point of pool in spare so I can re-cast THE EQUALIZER*cough* again if the dice hate me the first time... and don't just kill me the first time.

I'm being oddly rational in this fight. It's kind of weird. Meh, it's been a weird week.

Oh BTW. The Art of Pig Magics:
Either susomancy, porcumancy or choeromancy, in descending order of likeliness (and in descending order of usage regarding pigs)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 07, 2014, 07:22:13 am »

It all depends on how the Random Number God is feeling, or Random.org in this case... (Random.God?)
I'm hedging my bets, playing to my strengths (Dex + Pot atm), keeping a point of pool in spare so I can re-cast THE EQUALIZER*cough* again if the dice hate me the first time... and don't just kill me the first time.

I'm being oddly rational in this fight. It's kind of weird. Meh, it's been a weird week.

Oh BTW. The Art of Pig Magics:
Either susomancy, porcumancy or choeromancy, in descending order of likeliness (and in descending order of usage regarding pigs)
I think that I will take porcumancy for the next shenanigans.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 07, 2014, 08:58:33 am »

I think Porcumancy is the best word, considering [http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3646]Ovinomancy[/url] is already a thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 08, 2014, 01:48:15 pm »

Turn 024

Snip

Yay!

Back into the portal room. Huddle in a corner and try to regen my magic.

+1 Potency

Help Derm up, follow him into portal room. Celebrate.
Look meaningfully at Bigf01t.

Well.

[Bigf01t spd:6-1=5]
[DK spd:2]
[Derm spd:1]
[Flimsy spd:3-1=2]
[Dwarf spd:1-1-1=-1]

As the dwarf keeps rubbing his ring against the hammer, Bigf01t tries to make his magic get back to him. And, with a flash of light, it happens! Sweet.

Now, to kill that son of a bitch:

[Bigf01t dex:4+1-1=4]
[Dwarf dex:1-1=0]

You rush to him, drop your morningstar and grab the Dwarf's head, who was pretty distracted with the rubbing and all that, that he didn't even pay attention to you. You can see that there is a glowing rune in his forehead. It is made from a combination of straight lines, but you can't quite discern what it is exactly.

[Bigf01t pot:2+1=3]
A flash of light ensues, then you are back to your old boring fleshy self. Your right hand then begins to glow, and, with another flash of light, it becomes paper. The dwarf, who is looking you at a pretty close distance, is clearly not impressed.

Right hand is paper:
[Light]
[Yields]
This only applies for weapons, not for wrestling.

[Bigf01t str:2-1=1]
[Dwarf str:4+1=5]

The dwarf pushes you back. You land on your buttocks. That was embarrassing. Fortunately, you didn't try to say that phrase of yours. Maybe it made the thing a little less ridiculous. Maybe.

The Flimsy Wizard is seen then rushing past the combatants and diving into the portal.

And he appears into the Grand Room, where the guy who tried to murder him is. Isn't it nice?

Derm and The Dragon Knight enter the room cheering each other. Yeah, they killed that guy! On a 2v1 fight! They are awesome. The Dragon Knight notices that the science dude who knew how to make weapons in now sitting on the floor, and the short silvery dude is staring at him. He stares at Bigf01t, it proves to be futile.

The Dwarf finishes rubbing the hammer and puts back the golden ring in his silver finger, then examines his surroundings to determine if there is any other people willing to risk getting their heads crushed by challenging him.

A semi-transparent cube with an octariney beam in the middle of it comes out of the bottom of a nearby wall and flats to the bridge. It is followed by one of those cylindrical devices rolling slower towards the same place.

Damn bandages.

Bandage the wound, damn it!  Also science because SCIENCE.

[Dex:6]
You wrap the bandage pretty tightly, the bleeding should stop, not because it helps the cauterization, but because it prevents blood influx to your arm. The best part of this is, the downsides will only be noticed once your arm goes numb!

Bleeding removed!

Now, to do some actual science:

[Pot:1+1=2]
A golden line appears and dances. Whoo, pretty!

[Pot:5+1=6]
Another golden line appears. This time forming a drawing of two giant claws, that look pretty menacing.

A translucent cube with an octariney beam inside phases out of the bottom of a wall near the western entrance, then heads to the bridge. If is followed by one of those rocky rollers.

The Flimsy Wizard then appears in the middle of the room, landing on the floor. Huh, this makes murder pretty easy, you think.

Oh man, I'm so going to kill that plasma bear when I find it...

You ignore the heat for some time so that you can do some magic:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and forms the shape of a little book. With a flash of light, it materializes into existence. The pages of the book are made of paper, that's good, you think, but unfortunately it is engulfed in fire. You can see the paper through the fire, and you can notice two things:
1) The pages are blank.
2) The fire is not damaging the paper it is directly adjacent to, but the pages near the middle of the book, which are getting darker.

Athanasios continues to study the words.

I AM THE PIGOMANCER. FEAR ME AND MY PORKY CHILDREN.

Turn will be sent shortly.

Athanasios just keeps trying to solve the mystery of these papers. There must be a meaning in all this!

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws many tongues. Those tongues form an arm. You lack of sanity reaches critical levels, but the line disappears, allowing you to remain somewhat sane.

[Pot:5]
A golden line pops into existence and draws some shoes.

The only meaning that you can find in all this is that there is no meaning. Unless an arm made of tongues means something. Nah, it's all bullshit.

Some meters away, and with many pigs around, Baldr also does magic:

Nothing happens.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and forms, yeah, that's a nasty looking stinger from the butt of insect.

[Pot:5+1=6]
Another golden line appear and draws some pretty big hooves.

Yet another golden line appears  out of nothing and this time it draws a short and sturdy person.

Yeah, and it has a beard. You know what it is.

A little glass shard appears and falls to the floor, breaking into really small chunks that you wouldn't be able to use to stab someone even if you had been an ant. Aka, you fail.

A golden line appears and, does nothing other than wiggling a little bit.

Well, maybe this wasn't productive, but you are going to be happy as long as you have your pigs.

Yeah. You also consider your specialization and decide that Porcumancer makes your title fancier.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 08, 2014, 02:00:00 pm »

Oh right. That guy.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 08, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »

I hate the dice, and the dice hate me.

Tactics!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 08, 2014, 08:41:34 pm »

"Y HELO THAR!"

Magic is my friend
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 08, 2014, 09:07:57 pm »

Stuff. Bwa ha ha.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:55 pm »

Well, that's odd. Head to the Grand Room if I can reach it, other wise just get out of the heat. Try something new.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 08, 2014, 10:04:18 pm »

Ponder the meaning of the absence of meaning while saying more words.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 09, 2014, 02:53:08 am »

In this order:

*sigh*

Face-palm carefully with paper hand.

Leg it back to my mace and shout words and do other things bro.

((I know... Second time fail with attempting to use that word. Well, giving up is for the weak. TRY AGAIN! BUT DIFFERENT THINGS THIS TIME!))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:22 pm »

I need Icefire's action to make a turn...

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 12, 2014, 08:00:53 pm »

Oh jeez, I got confused. Sorry about that, I'll send it right now  :-[
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 13, 2014, 01:32:57 pm »

Turn 025

Oh right. That guy.

Stuff. Bwa ha ha.

In this order:

*sigh*

Face-palm carefully with paper hand.

Leg it back to my mace and shout words and do other things bro.

[Bigf01t spd:3-1=2]
[Dwarf spd:5-1=4]

The dwarf examines the combatants. Yeah, that big guy looks like he will put a good fight. Or at least a better one compared to this wimpy bastard and the guy lacking a foot.

Meanwhile, the Dragon knight was doing science:

[DK pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws a pickaxe. It fades out, and as it does so, you notice the dwarf charging with his hammer raised at you!

[Dwarf dex:1-1-1=-1]
[DK dex:4]

But he is, well, predictable would be a generous word in this situation, it is almost like if he had left you an opportunity to strike. You have doubts about how to kill a humanoid made of metal, but you guess that at least you could put him in a joint-lock or something:

[Dk dex:1]
[Dwarf dex:6-1=5]

But he was actually expecting you to try this! Or so it seems. As the Dragon Knight rushed to grab his arms, the dwarf just dropped the hammer and grabbed him by his waist and tried to knock him down:

[Dwarf str:3] ((Both of you have a +1))
[DK str:5]

But, fortunately for the Knight, he could push him away.

As this happened, Bigf01t was analyzing the texture of his newly acquired anatomy with his face. He could tell that the hand was pretty sturdy, probably because instead of being made from rolled newspapers it was more like paper which had been submerged in water and then compressed, achieving a structure more solid than what he would have expected. On the other hand, it was still weaker than an ordinary hand, mainly due to the lack of a bone structure beneath it.

What was he going to do, anyway? Oh, yes:

A golden glow begins to be absorbed by his paper hand, and two flashes of light (one localized on said hand and another happening from his whole body) ensue, and then Bif01t is like he was some time ago. The odd thing is, the magic didn't ask him anything, just acted, this time.

((Back to old status))

Anyway, time to strike the dwarf:

[Bigf01t dex:5+1-1=5]
[Dwarf dex:1-1-1=-1]

[Bigf01t str:5-1-1+1+2=6]

With a mad rage, maybe caused by his repeated failures, Bigf01t swung his mace across the Dwarf's legs, the diamond morningstar hitting the unexpecting midget in the left knee's joint, bending it in a way that was not likely for hard metals like iron or steel. It was way softer. The force of the blow made the dwarf fall to the floor. He looked at his deformed leg. He was not going to be able to use it again.

Bigf01t's adrenaline levels rose. Who said he was a weakling?

Derm lazily watched all this. Yeah, his friend got it under control. Better do science:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears and forms the shape of a huge moose you probably wouldn't want to mess with.

Now a huge battle axe is displayed.

[Pot:2]
Some metallic remainders of some construction works appear, like that funny looking metal things that come of out a drilling job. You have the sensation that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

[Pot:2]
Similarly sized chunks of metal appear, this time stained with red. Not blood-red, just red.

[Pot:1]
A golden line appears and begins to twist randomly before ceasing to exist.

I hate the dice, and the dice hate me.

Tactics!

"Y HELO THAR!"

Magic is my friend
Chase:

[Flimsy spd:3-1-1=1]
[Thrakor spd:1+1=2]

The Flimsy Wizard attempts to run, but he slacks a lot and just walks. Thrakor begins to walk too, albeit at a faster pace. This continues until they reach the Easter hallway.

[Flimsy spd:2-1-1=0]
[Thrakor spd:3]

And then The Flimsy Wizard realizes that he is not going to win this, or that it would require much effort, so he just stops. Thrakor just comes closer and fires his spell:

[Thrakor pot:4+1=5]
[Thrakor dex:2]
[Beat your pot dex:4+1=5]
[Flimsy dex:1-1-1=-1]

A burst of magma comes out of Thrakor's hand. Unfortunately for him, he can't quite control it and ends up with some burns on his right hand. Fortunately for him, the Flimsy Wizard has given up on evading his problems and tried to tank the poorly aimed stream of magma. It hits his right leg, producing nasty burns.

Thrakor:
[Minor burns]

Flimsy:
[Burned]

But it is the Wizard's time to react, and so he unleashes his spell:

[Flimsy Pot:3+2=5]
[Flimsy dex:5-1-1=3]
[Thrakor dex:4]

He tries to look at Thrakor, but he is too evasive! The piece of wall that was seen as he said his words ended up glowing, and then becoming fire and electricity with a flash of light. Huh, at least it looks dangerous.

Well, that's odd. Head to the Grand Room if I can reach it, other wise just get out of the heat.

Try something new.

You get out of the searing heat and head to the Grand Room. Before leaving, you notice that the flames from your book have become blue. Hmm. From this new place you can see some guys shooting spells at each other in the Eastern hallway. One has an alien squid as a hat. Ooookay, you hope you don't end up being that weird if you survive.

Anyway, magic:

A golden line appears and draws a small spear. With a flash of light, it becomes material and made of...wax. Well, that's completely useless.

You can see a green light coming from the Arcane room.

Quote from: RathofSTS and Icefire
PMs

The green robed old man tries more words on his own:

[Pot:4]
A golden line appears and forms a human head in front of you.

Another golden line appears twists itself into a knot. Oops?

Something happened, but you are not aware of what it was, how it was, or if it really happened, in fact.

The Porcumancer also tests some magic:

A little piece of something black akin to rubber appears in front of you.

Nothing happens.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A glob of a silver metal appears in front of you and falls to the ground, making quite a mess.

A bit of gasoline spawns in a similar way to the metal and also falls to the ground. You hope nobody has matches.

A thick golden line appears and forms a huge tower shield.

Some golden semi-transparent matter appears in front of you and begins to push you away. For some reason is fades into nonexistence some moments after.

You can see a familiar and ominous green glow coming from the NW hallway. May your pigs be in danger?

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Chained counter-attacks? Well, I originally didn't thought about that.

Also, if you have a default plan to counterattack, tell me beforehand, because I don't want to guess how would you react in each situation.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 197