Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317829 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #885 on: April 20, 2014, 02:36:41 pm »

Action time.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 22, 2014, 05:13:22 am »

-snip-
-snippy ship-
You speak all that you wanted to say. You voice sounds slightly metallic and wet at the same time. Like if you had been rubbing wet sandpaper against iron, with an added touch of that funny sound that is made by things that create a suction effect as your tongue sometimes creates a little vacuum in your mouth. It doesn't hamper you ability to speak, but it is a mix between creepy and funny. You are not sure what is better at this time.

Anyway, the trio seemed to have heard you, but they are busy laughing at the green-robed monk, who appears to be trying to dodge one of the arms from the windy creature that has replaced his arm. After realizing that it wasn't possible, Athanasios decided to just roll and let the floor do the job.

The laughs fade away as the muscled fellow uses his index finger to remove a shed tear from his eye, as the bearded guy adds:
It may be a classic, but physical comedy is always fun!
His eyebrows then were barely frown. He quickly turned to the floating lady and said: I heard him.
And then he steped forwards and finally adressed you:
Flattery won't actually achieve anything for you. I understand that you are trying to be friendly, but it won't help you to prevent your inevitable demise.
Hey, I also heard him! Why do you think that I'm not as reasonable as him?
The bearded man turns and quickly tells him: becase I don't have two skulls orbiting my chest, maybe?
Okay, okay, I can't argue against that.
You are momentarily distracted by the woman's voice in your head: But, for what I can see here, your motives for not trsting me are not really funded in more than superficial first impressions.
As she stops speaking, you can hear the rest more clearly.
But giving you any kind of tips would be counterproductive with the whole idea here. I'm limiting myself to just explain things that you have already seen or experenced, so that you focus more on killing and less on unnecessary experimentation.
As for my place here, I just was hired because of my talents.
And went up in the pyramid because he made false theories about this bullshit.
Wait there, they may not be proved, but that doesn't mean that they are false!
Indeed- The floating lady adds with a stoic face.
Back to the subject, I aquired an important position here.
Don't be modest, Lead Researcher is the most important position someone would ever acquire in a company with these characteristics.
That's just giving a lot of importance to a position in a company financed by the corpse of a latin translator. With what we can do now, we could just do the research on our own. Money stopped being important in the original days.
[/quote]

"It seems we have misunderstood each other. Do not mistake my casual conversation and appreciation of scientific apparel for any attempt at flattery. And believe me, I expect no special treatment whatsoever and don't desire such."

"This here... this may be a pit of sacrifice and slaughter, a place to reap souls, but that doesn't dis-allow civility. Honor however is pretty much out!"

*Bigf01t barks with laughter, his wet, squeaky metallic voice creating... quite the sound*

*Frowning*

"Could you give us names? Even if they aren't your own, it's just 'Science dude/Lead Researcher' 'floating lady' and 'the barbarian' are a bit... crude. And probably insulting. If I am going to have to fight for my life against any of you, I'd like something to call you. Either that or I'll just stick to what I have, I can understand not wanting to give your real names to what you see as 'cattle'."

((As my role-play was taken in a completely different way that I was intending, a little clarification. The most I wanted from that would be the science guy and I to be nice acquaintances.. .that would have no shame slaughtering each other at the drop of a hat, but have a damn nice conversation while we do so ;D))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 22, 2014, 07:54:16 am »

-Even more snip-

The muscled fellow jumps as he hear what you said about him:
Barbarian? I just go to the gym regularly, you punny-His eyes are opened widely for a brief moment, then he glances at the floating lady-Okay, okay, dammit.
We are pretty much civil already, don't you think so? Or do you expect something more from us?
Your thoughts are interrupted by the woman's voice again: don't mind the poor sod with rage problems. He is trying to scare you, but he hasn't realized that it only makes him look like a moron.
But I guess that we can perfectly tell them our names. We already did it with the two incompetent fellows back at the portal, so...
I'm Karen Stanford, Lead Researcher of the Medical Sub-division yadda yadda-The muscled fellow interrupts her- I'm Tim, new assistant of this condescending asshole here called Roger-He says, pointing at the guy with the beard.
The condescending asshole that saved your job and allowed you to have a place in a plan that is likely going to prevent you from getting killed or ending up in a cult.-Roger adds after raising an eyebrow.
And who says that a cult would be that bad?-Timothy says stepping towards Roger.

By this points they are definitely not paying attention to you. You keep listening because they may spill secrets. Maybe.

The possibility of losing all your individuality to forces you don't and even won't be able to comprehend? Do you remember what happened to both the elf and the dwarf?-Roger crosses his arms and waits.
Timothy's face loses all the expectations of winning-Y-Yes.
And then how would you expect that engaging in a deal with one of the opposing forces would actually benefit you?
I really hate when you do that.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 26, 2014, 11:49:52 am »

Well, I was halfway from finishing the turn when I realized that I lack the actions from mastahcheese and EP. Not to mention Icefire. So, this is a bump, because I almost lack the actions from half the players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 26, 2014, 12:37:13 pm »

Dammit guys. How are you not posting?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 26, 2014, 01:48:53 pm »

...I thought I had posted an action.

Hold on, sending PM.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 28, 2014, 10:29:18 am »

Turn 032

"Ooooooh baby~"

Hell to the fuck yeah.

May it be the solution? It can be possible. Yes, it must be. Nobody will ever laugh at you because of your axe-foot! no, they will see!
You channel part of your magic mojo and say some words:

[Pot:4+1=5]
Your axe foot begins to glow, and then, with a satisfying flash of light, it becomes a foot! Like, a human foot! Made of iron! One that you can neither feel nor move! Oh, that's the bad part. Still, it is way better than your axe foot.

Spoiler: Effects (click to show/hide)

After that partial success, you try some more magic:

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and forms a pair of arm-guards.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A huge chunk of obsidian appears in front of you and falls to the ground, causing some cracks. You feel a deja-vu. Maybe because your team lacks coordination or something.

Well, you feel like you could actually kill somebody now that you are not so incompetent. You walk to the Greenhouse room and watch a fight. The bad news trio is here too. Damn.

If it is attached then drop down and twist to slam former arm into the ground.

Action time.

[Atha spd:2-1=1]
[Mako spd:4]
The weird thing tries to lunge at you, and hits! (because, well, it is attached to you, it would require an unusual level of incompetence to not hit you). Fortunately, you just feel a strong breeze as it goes against you face, and it's arm dissolves! You still drop at the ground and roll like if you were on fire and being bitten by a swarm of waspbee-ants, or another kind of horrible little murderous machine. The creature is also dissolved as it hits the ground! Well, it is made of air after all. The trio of scientists just keeps laughing at you as you roll. But then somebody else comes. YOu are too busy rolling though to see what he attempts to do, though.

[Mako dex:6+1-1=6]
[Atha dex:6-1=5]

[Mako str:6+1=7]

And the guy that came just jumped and aimed an elbow drop at the poor old man as he was on the floor, who, despite managing to turn his head to a side, only succeeded in exposing one of his temples to the penetrating elbow, that fell over it with the force of a body accelerated via gravity, which is, well, a lot for such a small area of contact. The poor old man went unconscious.

Athanasios is now: [Unconcious]

The man with the orbiting skulls turns around just to see the moment of the impact. His face changes and both of his eyes begin to glow with glee as he shouts:
Now, that's fighting!
He then starts to move his raised fist up and down as he repeatedly says:
FIN-ISH-HIM!
FIN-ISH-HIM!
FIN-ISH-HIM!

The bearded man slightly moves his head to each side in a disapproving fashion as he watches the euphoric man.

Quote from: GWG
PM

You move back to the Grand Room without explaining the Wizard what the heck did you intend to do by rubbing his chest repeatedly. You don't give a fuck anyway, time to do science:

[Pot:5]
Your head glows again. For some reason you guys like to repeat actions.

...I thought I had posted an action.

Hold on, sending PM.

You briefly stand disappointed at how you couldn't beat a foe to death with a friend. Anyway, there is science to do!

[Pot:1+1=2]
A green mist forms in front of you as you hear some wails. Creeeeeeeeepy.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A fluctuating mass of a floating octariney substance appears in front of you. It irradiates a lot of heat. Like, a damned lot of heat. The colour of the substance intensifies as it appears  to concentrate in some places, and became more loose in other ones. It slowly dissolves into nothingness.

Quote from: EP
PM

The Knight just leaves after all the strange rubbing. You shrug and do science:

[Pot:3+2=5]
Nothing happens! How interesting!

[Pot:6+2=8]
A damned lot of ink appears and splatters near you. Your feet are covered in the substance, but fortunately it slowly falls into the fire-electric crater created by your friend who tried to hurl you.

[Pot:6+2=8]
A thick golden line appears and draws a huge chair.

And this was mostly boring.

Quote from: Bigf00t
PM

As the trio is ignoring you, you decide to do some science:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears and begins to draw a lot of spheres connected by lines to each other. They are arranged in a kind of v, with an obtuse but somewhat natural-looking angle, with some of the balls protruding from it in a vertically symmetrical fashion. With a flash of light, it materializes into the already known biometal, but you don't know what the heck they are.

The stone beneath Baldr opens and he falls into the pit. The floor then closes on is own, leaving him trapped at an unknown distance below the ground. He will die in two turn unless he does something.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

GM comments

I'm back! And hopefully updates will speed up!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 28, 2014, 10:33:52 am »

[Pot:6+1=8]
Yeah, yeah, I know. I was doing EP's turn and carried on with the "add 2 to pot rolls". It is corrected now. I thought of it as a 7, though.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2014, 02:59:27 am »

Roll to dodge, this is when you know you're gonna die.

Odd that no-one did. Huh.

Well, poke the... thing... I made with my foot, also, did it fall down onto the floor, or is it floating? I'm presuming this is a simple case of physics waiting to be paid attention by my character, but eh.
Can I ascertain ANYTHING else about this... odd contraption of squishy black bio-metal? I think I've got it, but just want to be sure.

MORE COMPLICATED SCIENCEBWAHAHAHAHA!!!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2014, 06:21:29 am »

Roll to dodge, this is when you know you're gonna die.

Odd that no-one did. Huh.

Well, poke the... thing... I made with my foot, also, did it fall down onto the floor, or is it floating? I'm presuming this is a simple case of physics waiting to be paid attention by my character, but eh.
Can I ascertain ANYTHING else about this... odd contraption of squishy black bio-metal? I think I've got it, but just want to be sure.

MORE COMPLICATED SCIENCEBWAHAHAHAHA!!!

It fell to the floor. It is a standar black bio-metal stuff, only that you don't know what the heck it is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2014, 07:36:41 am »

Do the thing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 29, 2014, 09:05:02 am »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 30, 2014, 03:19:36 pm »

Wake up.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 30, 2014, 05:40:24 pm »

MAKO MAN.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 197