Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317988 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: A GIANT DRAGON...fly. No, not the puns! The puns!
« Reply #1650 on: November 07, 2014, 07:23:24 am »

Lightning kick of doom.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 08, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

I hope this works!

AaaaaaaaaahhhhhhHHHHHH!!!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 11, 2014, 12:18:27 am »

Huh, I just realized I have no idea why I originally joined this forum.
All I do on it these days is play Perplexicon games.
Huh.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 11, 2014, 12:23:57 am »

These are nice ideas but...
   we can still push the boundaries of !!SCIENCE!!  8)

I'd say nothing has changed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 11, 2014, 12:24:56 am »

Huh, I just realized I have no idea why I originally joined this forum.
All I do on it these days is play Perplexicon games.
Huh.
Heh, that's like the opposite of me. I joined to play perplexicon games. Now I do other stuff. Like loot-based previously deathmatch games.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 11, 2014, 12:41:56 am »

I joined because of dwarf fortress. Now all I do is relive the glory days, play a select few RTD's and forum games, and stew in rage as ever more minimalist games clog up the subforum.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 11, 2014, 05:29:44 am »

I joined because of dwarf fortress. Now all I do is relive the glory days, play a select few RTD's and forum games

Same here.

If you wonder why I haven't updated, well, there were some last minute changes and I couldn't find the time to sit and make a whole turn, but I supose that I should be able to make one tomorrow morning.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 11, 2014, 10:17:47 am »

These are nice ideas but...
   we can still push the boundaries of !!SCIENCE!!  8)
I'd say nothing has changed.
OH MY..
I had no idea that anyone remotely remembered that... I sure didn't! (Despite the criticism, I can guarantee that the plan I presented, works! It's not particularly elegant, but all dwarfs train up just fine despite being locked in a tiny box with 20 of their comrades. I like to think it just makes them more efficient with the space they use for dodging. Or breathing. EDIT: Oh God my spelling was terrible)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:03:21 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 12, 2014, 06:45:26 am »

Turn 077

I note lots of you are made out of biometal and thus hard to damage with my melee weapon.

First, you try science:

[Pot:1-1=0]
You get a mild headache, because you are utterly useless with this.

You walk to the Grand Room and scour the place for any weapons. It turns out that there is a bloody diamond morningstar, an iron axe, and probably other shit, lying around that big dragonfly made of diamond that seems to looking at you. This could be the typical case of a dragon guarding a treasure, but the pun has already been exploited. Anyway, you finally find something you have been looking for: a diamond naginata with an adjustable angle.

Steampunk diamond naginata:
[Has an edge]
[Heavy]
[Two-handed]

You realize that you can't also carry your hammer, so you drop it. You also notice that the dragonfly seems to be trying to do something:

Dammit!

You focus your inner dragonfly energy, and prepare to roar.

Instead of that, a shriek, made of a cacophony of glass being broken and scratched is emitted. Nobody seems to like it (and, in fact, you don't either), but who cares, you need POWAH!

INTERESTING THINGS ARE HAPPENING DAMMIT!

More science! Dammit! That word has to appear at some point!

[Pot:6+1=7]
You get a vision of yourself floating around, patiently waiting your prey. Soon, you spot a small fish who carelessly swam by you. Immediately, you begin your routine, and the colors of your body answer back, changing back and forth, making a pattern, quick successions of black pulses going across your body. The fish then notices you, but soon is paralysed, hypnotized by the odd display, beautiful and ominous at the same time. As it stares at you, you quickly unleash your mouth tentacles, catching it before it even could get out of the trance. It soon gets crushed by your beak, and you lay waiting again.

Well, that is definitely not what you were looking for.

[Pot:2+1=3]
The nothingness is disturbed near you.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Again, something has disturbed the nothingness, but you are not even able to discern bare minimum bit of information to know something else.

Your left leg begins to glow, a little bit.

[Pot:6+1=7]
The nothingness is shot to the right of you.

How uninteresting. Wait, wait. Left leg? HELL YES I FINALLY GOT IT!

Evasive manoeuvres!

You move out of the way of the flaming sheep, which is being followed by the purple one. The Fire Lion Kitten Swarm seems to like that one, and so they try to attack it!

[FLKS dex:6+1=7]
[P sheep dex:1]

But the sheep pays no attention to them, and just keeps running, eventually colliding with them and catching fire! It just keeps running as fast as it can.

The Fire Lion Kitten Swarm has been slain.

((Do note, that there is no word for "swarm", I just called them like that.))

Well, you could have gotten some nasty burns there.

Dropkick Igor into the wall.

DO THE THINGS!

Lightning kick of doom.

I hope this works!

AaaaaaaaaahhhhhhHHHHHH!!!

[Mako spd:6]
[Bigf01t spd:6-1=5]
[Igor Jr. spd:6-1=5]
[Trevor spd:6-1+1=6]

Not knowing what was being orchestrated in the hallway next to the Greenhouse Room, Mako attempted to continue his fight in the flashiest and more impractical move ever made: a dropkick.

[Mako dex:4+1=5]
[Igor Jr. dex:1]

[Mako str:2+1+1=4]

And before the other guy realizes what it is going to do, Mako had jumped and hit him squarely on the chest, causing the guy with the pillows to fall. Not that Mako didn't fell, but he actually knew he was going to end up on the floor.

Both have gained: [On ground]

Mako's penalties are ignored next turn when facing Igor, because he has the upper hand in this. After that, it is the same for both.

Now, for some reason, a black alien guy seems to come from the hallway with the intent of harming the guy with the pillows:

[Trevor pot:5]
[Trevor will:2-1=1]
[Igor will:1-1=0]

Two portals open across the room, and a purple line seems to go from one, to another. Or something. The line appears to be for some moments twisting, yet still being straight, seemingly disappearing for some segments of space, just to appear in others, outside of the trajectory of the original line. Both the downed guy with the pillows and Trevor watch it, bewildered of the apparently non-euclidean nature of the phenomena. But then the line warps again, and now a segment of it appears in front of each of the combatant's faces, and then it forces itself through their foreheads. They both contort wildly for a brief time, but they are not themselves any more. A purple rune appears on their foreheads, and they have now momentarily joined the ranks of one of the forces.

They both look at Mako. Oh, dude, he is screwed so hard.

Meanwhile, in the hallway, Bigf01t first attempts to do some magic, for some reason:

A tiny golden line appears and draws a one-handed version of a naginata. It actually looks more like a khopesh, now that it is small. With a flash of light, it materializes into steel and falls to the ground.

Huh.

Well, who cares, it seems that Trevor is already gone.

Better go look after him. You poke your head through the entrance to the Greenhouse Room. Oh, damn, why the heck did he do that? Better get your kill before he and the guy with the pillows that looks oddly familiar to you get it. First, the spell:

[Bigf01t pot:1+1=2]
You seem to notice a shade of purple in the air, but just that.

Well, plan B:

[Bigf01t dex:1+1-1-1=0]
[Mako dex:6+1-1=6]

Bigf01t loses balance when lifting his morningstar and Mako manages to grab him by his ankles!

[Mako str:3+1=4]
[Bigf01t str:6]

But he doesn't seem to be able to move the shiny cyborg from his place. Instead, Mako opts to stand up as Bigf01t regains balance.

The two possessed guys, on the other hand, seem to have thought of other targets! The guy with the pillows seems to be crawling to Bigf01t, with the intent of casting a spell:

[Igor Jr. pot:2]

A loose ball of green gas, with barely recognizable eye sockets and a mouth hole appears between both and starts screaming, not doing much.

Then not-Trevor seems to try to stab Mako:

[Trevor dex:4+1-1=4]
[Mako dex:4+1-1=4]

But Mako moves at the exact last second that could prevent his stomach from getting a hole in it.

While all this madness was happening, the silver sheep came from the Grand Room, but collapsed under its own, now ashy structure as it tried to reach for the lake at the Eastern end of the Greenhouse Room. The Purple one with the dragon head, on the other hand, kept running and submerged itself into the water, extinguishing the flames.

It instantly came out, looking at the two people without the rune in their foreheads. The other two possessed guys looked at the sheep, then at the two sane ones, and the creepiest smile ever formed in their faces, accompanied with some random, unpredictable twitching of some muscles.

And, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you, to Team Entropy!

((Trevor and Igor also lose next turn for rolling so badly. They can still attempt an action for when the mind-control wears off.))

Character sheets
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Where players seem to create their own mini-bosses.
« Reply #1659 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:46 am »

The reckoning is at hand.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 12, 2014, 11:29:51 am »

Come on, guys, please die faster!

Jump in the lava, explode you own head... anything! :P
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 12, 2014, 12:58:47 pm »

Come on, guys, please die faster!

Jump in the lava, explode you own head... anything! :P
Don't worry, this is likely to end with at least two dead players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 12, 2014, 08:42:42 pm »

Whoops

Guess I lose this turn, huh?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 12, 2014, 09:19:09 pm »

Fixing things.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 13, 2014, 05:18:26 am »

Whoops

Guess I lose this turn, huh?

It depends on what the opposing force decides to do (it will only do one thing). You can PM me what you intend to do once the effect wears out.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 197