Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172116 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #945 on: July 14, 2018, 05:36:37 am »

Girlfriend drank so much last night that I got a hangover...

Actually it's probably the headcold/sinus infection doing that. The one that was the second act of the two-part cosmic plan to prevent me from heading out for a drink of my own this week. First we suddenly get informed that we're going to be babysitting my GF's younger sisters for Sunday-Wednesday, then on Tuesday we go swimming which gets me a waterlogged ear and a post-nasal drip to take over for after the girls left. Then there was yesterday, where my GF suddenly gets invited for a couple drinks with a coworker, and I'm left doing her household chores for her while my nose does its best Niagara falls impression.

And now it's the weekend, and I hate going to bars on the weekend because everything is fucking packed to the brim with weekenders and I can't even hear myself think. With some luck I should be finished with this blighted cold by Monday, so I might be able to slip away for some me-time then.

Don't know about you, but I feel like I could really use that drink now... Christ, even a psychiatric professional has recommended I have a beer or two.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 14, 2018, 08:26:51 am »

Sometimes I feel like I either need to stop drinking or start drinking a lot more.
Last night was weird, and fun for the most part, but gosh didn't I screw myself over today. I probably embarrassed myself last night, too, but who really cares about that.

So, yeah, it seems like basically I should either stop drinking or make sure to stay drunk all the time. I can never do anything like moderation.

I hope it’s not your wedding, man.

notice me senpai
If we get married do I get UK citizenship? :P

@Kagus: that sounds rough indeed... couldn't you get some sort of warming liquor or mulled wine to cheer yourself up a bit?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 14, 2018, 09:50:34 am »

Mulled wine sounds amazing right now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 14, 2018, 09:58:01 am »

It really does. The bar I was at last night had a mulled wine special (it's winter here), but I didn't buy any. Seems more like the sort of thing to drink at home whilst relaxing, but I don't know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 14, 2018, 10:18:56 am »

Norway is a bit of an oddball in that we have a very traditional mulled wine drink that is just the mulled without the wine. Gløgg originally was mulled wine, but nowadays you just buy either spice packs or a pre-mulled nonalcoholic version that's used to blend with something else and then get heated. It's actually quite rare that someone drinks the boozy version these days, and it's very much a winter/Christmas thing.

Anyways, even with the dubious genius of drinking alcohol to help with sinus fuckery (or most illnesses, for that matter), I didn't particularly feel hip to the idea of sitting at a bar and having my nose drippings polish the woodwork.

As for buying myself some liquor for home, ehh... I don't really have any go-to spirits that I actually enjoy drinking casually. And experimentation is bloody expensive here... If you're going to shell out close to $40 for a 0.7l, you probably want to know damn sure that it's something you actually like.

Besides, it's already past 5 o'clock on a Saturday, which means I cannot legally purchase alcohol again until Monday. Actually I think the grocery store has beer sales open until 7 or 8, but that's just your standard swill and not really anything to cuddle up with.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 14, 2018, 01:12:11 pm »

So glad I live in 'buy liquor anytime but before 9am on Sunday' America and not a dry county or *shudder* Oklahoma.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 15, 2018, 09:52:21 pm »

Tonight was a night of homemade ramen and tequila. As I'm feeding my child the bottle he was screaming for as soon as I fucking laid down, I checked Facebook, only to be met with something straight out of the Unknown Armies RPG. A comment on a friend's status was "You have a compassionate heart .... the one that waters the flowers knows your name."

Thought one, I'm too drunk for this cabal bullshit.
Thought two, what does Jesus (Hey-seuss) have to do with it?
Thought three was really funny but I forgot it while writing the previous thought.
Thought four, thank Cthulhu for autocorrect while drunk.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 16, 2018, 02:45:39 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:56:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 16, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »

Well, see, that's kind of what happened... Alcohol prices went up, so people stopped drinking casually since it was prohibitively expensive. Additionally, they'd order larger amounts because you get better deals per volume.

But then the weekend rolls around, and it's time to crack open that larger stash, and damned if people aren't going to drink that entire pallet of booze instead of the six pack or so they'd have put away under normal conditions.

So you end up with a culture that's almost bone dry for most of the week, and then becomes a raging drunk on Friday and Saturday, consuming vast amounts of alcohol to make up for lost time.

Also there are very strict limits on what amounts of booze you can bring back to Norway, and of what ABV percentages. But you still end up with situations like my aunt described (many years ago, mind), where she could drive over to Sweden, buy several times the legal limit in alcohol, try to cross back into Norway, get stopped, have everything confiscated, pay the fine, and then just drive back across the border and repurchase everything for cheaper than she could buy a similar amount in Norway.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 16, 2018, 04:11:37 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:53:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 16, 2018, 04:21:02 pm »

Actually, you wouldn't be getting nearly as good a deal bringing in fancy stuff as you would bringing in bilgewater. Despite the painfully high cost of low-tier alcohol, Norway actually has comparatively reasonable prices on high-end cognac, brandy, specialty wines and the like. I mean, it's still fucking expensive, but it's fucking expensive everywhere.

Also there's a massive moonshining culture in middle-to-northern Norway. Hooch is pretty much the traditional drink, and while quite illegal, there aren't really enough cops to care.

As for trusting foreigners, well... If alcohol is involved, then fuck yes we'll trust you. As is proven on a regular basis.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 16, 2018, 04:45:52 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:53:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2018, 04:49:45 pm »

Also there's a massive moonshining culture in middle-to-northern Norway. Hooch is pretty much the traditional drink, and while quite illegal, there aren't really enough cops to care.
Well, this is heartening at least.

@dragdeler: don't worry, I tend to do the same damn thing.
Especially when I'm stressed or in a bad mood. Kinda nice to know I'm not the only one, but I hope you feel better after a decent sleep. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 16, 2018, 05:26:12 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:53:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 17, 2018, 03:22:34 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:48:30 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 141