Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172149 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #930 on: July 01, 2018, 11:40:34 pm »

No but really, the sugar high is really crashing into my buzz like a nor'easter into a low tide.  It's making it hard to be chill.  This drink is very bad!  The worst!

It's making me melancholy but vocal, lowering inhibitions but encouraging action.  This is it, I think.  I have discovered...  THE WORST DRINK

Edit:
The only thing keeping my burning mind in line is a constant loop of smooth jazz, sci fi filk (sic!  No really, Filk is the term!) and sheer force of will.  And a barely-kept-together interaction with one of my friends, who disagrees with me about stuff and we stay friends.  It's good to keep friends who disagree with you.

It's good to keep friends who disagree with you.  It's cowardice to not.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:19:05 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 07, 2018, 10:32:59 am »

Just popped a beer open and I think I'll watch some Critical Role this time.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 07, 2018, 09:18:11 pm »

honey jack and lemonade is... really good. Friend called it ambrosia, but im pretty sure that already exists?

I'll smoke and watch some brooklyn 99 in any case before I go to the barstm

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 07, 2018, 11:26:15 pm »

I'm not even particularly drunk but I glanced at the "Recommend me a game" thread and had some SS13 nostalgia.  Then I needed to remember which TGstation admin shared an amazing set of Chatroulette logs where he basically sang Queen's Can't Stop Me Now at people, with "I put on my robe and wizard hat" tier results.  AKA, mostly befuddled bonerblocking/shocked curiosity.

And I found the answer, heh, though I didn't find the original

My favorite SS13 roleplay is...  Hm there was that one time on shitty Paradise where that one guy didn't notice my character was male...  And the other time on TG where the HoP did notice, and slapped my botanist ass anyway....  (the HoP-Botanist connection being a political issue I felt very strongly about).

But the one I'm thinking about is when I latejoined and turned myself in to security with a written letter from CentComm demanding I be jailed for attempting a relationship with A.L.I.C.E.

They weren't having any of it, heh, but I had fun regardless.  CAN LOVE BLOOM
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 08, 2018, 07:25:48 am »

Thinking should I drink some beers also today as yesterday I only managed to get a bit tipsy and not drunk. Guess my hangovers are so bad nowadays that I try to avoid getting completely trashed when drinking, hmm... :-\

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 08, 2018, 07:58:51 am »

I have (or at least had) the very practical drunk habit of drinking a lot of water when I'm buzzed. Like, a lot.

One instance in particular was when I polished off a six-pack (3 liter) of basic bilgewater beer, then over the course of the rest of the night proceeded to drink double that amount in water (many trips to the bathroom were involved). By the time I lay down to get some sleep I was basically just sober again, a stark contrast to everyone else. Needless to say, there was no hangover the morning after.

Forget my liver, I have to wonder how my kidneys have survived this long...

So there's a bar fairly closeby that's got a pretty decent beer selection and also does some mixed drinks, and the first time I was there I basically just spent a couple hours gabbing with the bartender. So, winner winner, right?

Well, said bartender is a cute, lanky blonde, and so my girlfriend doesn't particularly approve of my wanting to go back for a drink. That's disapproval on top of the normal disapproval of not being around the apartment to shower her with attention. So eh. I'm not quite thirsty enough for a beer to risk causing a disagreement.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 08, 2018, 08:21:46 am »

over the course of the rest of the night proceeded to drink double that amount in water (many trips to the bathroom were involved). By the time I lay down to get some sleep I was basically just sober again, a stark contrast to everyone else. Needless to say, there was no hangover the morning after.

This is pretty much the norm when I drink beer, but I still get a horrible hangover if I guzzle more than 2 liters of beer. If I don't drink loads water during the night (and have to run to the toilet many times) the hangover next day is just unbearable and I find myself at the same time wishing for death and being afraid that I'll die of hangover. And of course the usual promises that I'll never drink this much again if I survive (after a couple of days these promises are naturally forgotten and drinking beer was totally worth the hangover). :)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 08, 2018, 11:52:50 am »

Time to open up a beer as it seems that I'm not going to make any progress with any of my projects today, so might just as well drink a couple of beers and continue watching Critical Role.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 10, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »

I want to share something a friend shared in last week's New World of Darkness session.  Particularly since last night's session was particularly heavy.  It, IDK, just seems like the kind of "really makes you think" that belongs here.

Particularly since it was shared to me as an extremely compressed flash file off 4chan, at 4AM after a 8 hours of New World of Darkness and general nonsense, heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 10, 2018, 09:27:25 pm »

On actual alcohol matters, I finally got another bottle of Yellow Tail wine.  Heh, it's Australian.  The grocery store was out of... well, both palatable blends of boxed red wine.  No cabsav or, if necessary shiraz.
The only red boxed they even had was...  Ah yes, "fruity red sangria".  Fuuuuuuuck no.  I have enjoyed good sangria in company, but it's sweet.

Total boxblock

It's really nice to taste quality wine again though, actually.  Dad always said that any amount of whiskey would kill my tastebuds forever.  The hell does he know, heh.  I can't smell like a normal person, but this went really well.  I had a spontaneous 3 hour nap, and didn't dream anything at all.  No hangover, no nightmares, and a really pleasant aftertaste.

"Greyfields 1868 First Sporing" is kinda real.  It's non-goon wine.

Edit: There are a shitload of loudass crickets outside, almost like the fricken lawnmowers which started at 7AM this morning right outside my window.
It's nice that I don't have to mow the lawn, but I would gladly push-mow (as I did for years) rather than be woken up by what I heard this morning.  I dreamed that I was literally being punished with an eternity of metallic droning, until I woke up too early.

I guess it's on me to soundproof my window.  Ironic that I get side-income by mowing my dad's lawn, and then get woken up by this morning's shit.
Eh, it's because we had DND last night, which always goes a bit long.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:55:58 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 13, 2018, 04:52:56 am »

And now it's 5:45 AM and two fucking birds are singing coyly outside the window even though dawn isn't for another - FIVE THIRTY NINE??

FUCK summer.  Days getting shorter my ass.

Fuuuuuuuuck.  I guess there's only one thing left to do.
A long draught of water, the remaining fistful of gin (FUCK THE MASTERS!!), and another three draughts of water because godsfuck the taste of this swill is vile.

But before that, a drink to my friend, the RL jovial contrarian who kept me awake this long.  We shall hang separately, ya piece o shit!  Hehe~

Edit:  I took 4 draughts of water, and didn't finish the liquor.  I'll thank me in the morning.  Well, you know what I meAn.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:22:30 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 13, 2018, 05:40:43 am »

fucking birds
I believe the common name is actually lovebirds.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 13, 2018, 10:23:22 pm »

Holy macaroni, I am so hungover right now.

And I have to go to a wedding! Oh dear.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 13, 2018, 10:36:22 pm »

I hope it’s not your wedding, man.

notice me senpai
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 13, 2018, 11:47:08 pm »

i ran out of things that can be drunk out of a shoe and now i'm dangerously sober, maybe i should do something useful and write

heh... nah
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 141