Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172238 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1110 on: August 17, 2018, 03:44:14 pm »

Adding more honey to mead? Ick. I've got a brown jug of Valhalla mead sitting on the "bar", and I'm still at a loss as to what to do with it since it's sickeningly sweet as-is.

Although I have heard that a few people make dry meads... Curious as to what that tastes like, as the only real flavor profile I've gotten from Valhalla thus far has been "yeasty pears".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 17, 2018, 03:57:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:19:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 17, 2018, 04:52:07 pm »

So, an update - don't drink sumac-syrup-mead.  After several tests I can confirm that it's definitely giving me the awful shits.

dragdeler, Sumac is a berry found in the near and middle east and also in northern america, with a tangy, lemony taste, probably why staghorn sumac (a common sumac wherever it grows) is called Essigbaum.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 17, 2018, 09:39:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just spent like an hour arguing with some kid on a flash chat site as to whether there was malware on steam.  Going into various minutiae.
Fuck it feels good to be drunk.  But I guess it's time to sleep.

Edit:  Keep predreaming triangles.  Some Sierpensky, some just tessalating as... circles.  Forming a dome over my neighborhood.
It's reassuring.
Do you ever just start looking at fractals in everything. Like how trees and lungs have the same root fractal template for gas exchange. Or how a quartzite brick is triangles all the way down. Few things better than making drunk squad realize all is fractals
Dude, I spent all weekend and most of this last week folding paper triangles for my daughter's origami dragon. Bloody fractals. Glad that's over now.
Aw, that's really cool though!  I can imagine it would get super boring, but I love the concept.  Fractals.
Sometimes I dreamed about falling into them.  For me, they're an expression of the horrifying yet fascinating depth of existence.  The horrorterror aspect of mathematics.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:36:03 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 18, 2018, 05:03:29 am »

I was and still am, very drunk last night. I didn't do anything stupid or crass other than drinking a lot more.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 18, 2018, 05:18:45 am »

I was and still am, very drunk last night. I didn't do anything stupid or crass other than drinking a lot more.

Then the only damage was to yourself (and the english language - that first sentence) and you can enjoy your opiate-alcohol-thunderstorm thing. I like thunderstorms.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 18, 2018, 05:24:20 am »

He could be caught in a time warp, y'know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 18, 2018, 06:04:57 am »

I have the best sentences. A lot of people have told me. They're yuge.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 18, 2018, 12:58:18 pm »

Birthday part for a friend tonight; i've got a 12 rack of landsharks and some definitely legal tobacco substitutes to work my way through. Updates to come the more drunk I get.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 18, 2018, 03:55:55 pm »

Decided to grab an opportunity at the store today and grab myself a beer for later enjoyment. That later enjoyment is now, and that beer is a Kilkenny Red.

I am thoroughly impressed at how the brewers managed to make a beer that tastes like nothing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 18, 2018, 11:04:14 pm »

Have you tried the likes of Miller Lite and (I imagine since I haven’t actually tried the following) Budweiser and Coors varieties? ‘cause they taste like nothing.

I mean the joke has been uttered many times but you’re all too drunk to remember it but its’s like having sex in a canoe: fucking near water.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 19, 2018, 03:19:44 am »

Budweiser at least tastes like a mistake, with faint notes of turpentine. This was just... I honestly only tasted foam. And a distant vaguely-hopped aftertaste a couple seconds afterwards.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 19, 2018, 09:36:13 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:32:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 20, 2018, 07:21:35 am »

Okay, seems like some Schweppes bitter lemon managed to completely knock out the worst of the sweet mead's aspects, turning it into an entirely consumable substance. Nice.

It was a Hail Mary, but I figured the bitter tonic might be able to counteract the saccharine syrup flavor of the mead. Turns out I was right, and the touch of citrus even helps to counterbalance the elderberry trombone that played partway through on the straight mead.

In other news, the local pub's ballin' Moscow Mules (hah... Just occurred to me that they do in fact serve them in Highballs, so they are indeed "ballin'") are made with Thomas Henry brand ginger ale, which is some right an' proper spicy ginger goodness. I've had my eye out for it ever since finding out what they were using for mixers. I used to feel the little cans of Old Jamaica were pretty gingery (for what you can get hold of here), but this blows those out of the water.

I'm thinking of making a trip down there again today. Supposedly they've got an off-the-menu cocktail called the "Dynamite", which is basically just a Moscow Mule but made with their special bottle of habanero vodka for a little extra kick. No idea how much of a difference "habanero vodka" actually makes, but it sounds like something right up my alley.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1124 on: August 20, 2018, 10:47:11 am »

Boioioioioi

Rather disappointed that the Mad Hand of Allah did not show up for the rescheduled Chartreuse night because they were at a fucking archery range (of course). On the bright side, the new rescheduled date comes around the time when my limoncellos are ripe (though I am now determined to make all future limoncellos more scientific. My two bottles are widely different in character and I regret not writing down what I did to more easily replicate each one). Worse comes to worse, I am going to have to do this with just the Cabbie and my Blood Brother. Madhand also promised me to get a gasmask I need to dispose of 80l of fetid soil, water, sentient rotten yams, worms & amoebal spores, at a price I find suspiciously cheaper than all other alternatives. Still, today the day is not entirely without salvage. On the menu: Suntory Chita whisky, a hell of a smooth drink. Singleton Tailfire Single Malt Scotch of Dufftown, which promises to be fruity but is rather more akin to drinking a vanilla whisky. That is to say, a vanilla-tinged whisky, not a "vanilla" whisky. Topped off with a final round Mallorcan absinthe with a dash of sugar, cheap as hell and like drinking liquorice with a side of petrol. After a dash of sugar - considerably nicer, but one hell of a strong drink. Suffering from a case of writer's block for my novel, I figured might as well sit down with some rose tulasi tea and a whole bunch of liquor. Managed to stave off the temptation of the hype train and didn't open my chartreuese, instead waiting for my Blood Brother to come down and make a Kodu Fruit oath with me, owing to the sad occasion that they are still in a tremendously bored relationship with their GF. Thus far, 10% of hipster barmen believe that him and I are a gay couple, which is certainly a good certification for how strong one's friendship is. It has also resulted in free drinks once the mistake was noticed! Now if only Madhand could get me that damn strelok mask... I want to exterminate these worms before I find out what winged monster these things descend from.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 141