Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 171749 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1200 on: September 27, 2018, 10:42:25 am »

Zubrowka > Absolut in every way

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 27, 2018, 10:44:13 am »

I don't drink vodka fairly often and generally dislike the taste, but I remember Zubrowka surprisingly the heck out of me when I tried it!
I'd have to try it again to confirm, but I seem to remember it tasting quite nice.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 27, 2018, 11:00:44 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:43:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 27, 2018, 04:40:34 pm »

I prefer the cheapest vodka physically possible, because you shouldn't drink vodka for flavor or quality.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1204 on: September 28, 2018, 01:42:39 pm »

I get what you're saying but the reason that I even put absolut there is why that statement is untrue  :P. Zubrowka is spiced vodka, that makes it tastier, but the purpose of vodka is to be as tasteless as possible to go into cocktails. Just look at the other spiced vodkas and you'll know what I'm talking about: eristoff vegas, gorbatschow lime, smirnoff rasberry, ciroc pineapple... you name it. Granted Zubrowka isn't as specifically targeted at people who like to get drunk but don't like to physically drink alcohol. But a spiced vodka could never be as versatile as plain vodka. And so if the quality measure is smoothness and tastelesness, that makes it a quite boring competition overall... But yeah zubrowka is a great compromise in all regards ::) :D
Besides grit or G&T I rarely go near a cocktail so I'll take your word for it. I'm of the opinion that vodka is best when it tastes cheap or tastes Polish, both with radishes. So ones like Absolut and Smirnoff that upscale the flavournessness or the smoothness of their vodka just turn me off, because I feel like I'm drinking water and not vodka. It's all the venom of being drunk with none of the journey of getting drunk. Maybe with cocktails this changes things, but for me Zubrowka is journey, Absolut is toilet destination ;D

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 28, 2018, 01:44:26 pm »

As an aside, drinking while on amphetamines is both exceptionally unhealthy and very unfun. Probably shouldn't do it again what with the high blood pressure and all.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 28, 2018, 01:59:13 pm »

You know, I regret how far I went night before last, but in my defense the power went out while I was enjoying a quiet night reading.  Then my housemate invited me to drunken tarot by candlelight, and I'm pretty sure he was taking *something* on top of the wine, and neither of us were fully dressed.

Nothing happened but tarot and a heavy storm, just saying I hadn't expected such a trippy quasi-pagan night.  My dying phone battery added a sense of urgency to everything, too.

Something I managed not to post, in the Food Thread:  "Cheese saus".  I don't remember if I was going somewhere with that, or if that was the entire thought.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 28, 2018, 02:06:49 pm »

#Cheesesaus
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 28, 2018, 02:31:00 pm »

For vodkas, it was my impression that for drinking it straight you generally either go for whatever is cheapest because you want to become very drunk with very few bells and whistles, or you choose potato vodka to actually have some flavor.

Unless we're talking spiced vodkas too, in which case I have only one thing to say... That being: Black walnut vodka.

Oh, yes... I mentioned a fairly awful stout earlier. Well, I had wrongfully assumed that a name is just a name, and that the bottle of "Brown Cheese" was just trying to stand out a bit and perhaps allude to some peculiar notes in the aroma or flavor.

Nope. The crazy bastards actually tossed a load of Norwegian brown cheese into the brew just before bottling. The fucking madmen.

Oh and by the way, the pint-sized misfortune of that event set me back roughly $27 US, because of course that's a reasonable price for a single beer.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 28, 2018, 02:45:26 pm »

I can get a 30 pack of pretty good beer for half that.
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 28, 2018, 02:50:20 pm »

This is apparently the price we pay for free healthcare and education...

It's not even an import, the brewery is maybe an hour away by car.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 28, 2018, 03:07:06 pm »

Hey now, primary education is free here. Worthless but free. It's just college that buries you under inescapable and crushing debt.
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 28, 2018, 06:50:43 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:43:14 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 28, 2018, 11:21:12 pm »

As an aside, drinking while on amphetamines is both exceptionally unhealthy and very unfun.
Calling BS on this. Well, I mean... it probably is exceptionally unhealthy, but sometimes the alternative is spending one's every penny on booze and blacking out entirely, soooo... also I can't imagine moonshine being quite so palatable under normal circumstances. :P

...to watch YT nonchalantly. God really?
Now that seems kinda wasteful. But I'm sure it was fun nonetheless!

...Looking forward to next weekend. It sucks having to sit around doing nowt this weekend, but I need to save my funds for the next one. Booze is mighty expensive here.
I'd trade my healthcare for three dollar cans of PBR (at bar prices!!) any day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 28, 2018, 11:35:37 pm »

I am slowly getting drunk (well... I am drunk, I'm just not completely paralytic yet) on whatever beers I have available, which is presently Stella Artois, and shortly Canoe Paddler, a lovely little... Kolsch-style beer, since it's not allowed to be called Kolsch, I think.

I have four bottles of that, I think there's some sort of weird Red Ale (I don't know what that is) and... some stout somewhere, and whatever pilsner (eurgh) my wife brought back a while ago. Hopefully I don't get that far because that'll be, like, 8 bottles of beer down the road and I'm such a lightweight.

The last time I intended to drink this much Trump was elected lol

I should buy some more beer for election night, just in case...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 141