Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172235 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1305 on: October 28, 2018, 04:14:54 am »

had a glass of the grapefruit radler, it was fucking gross

had a nice kick of fruit at first and then it was just miserable alcohol taste
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: October 28, 2018, 07:50:42 am »

Party was fun enough, and the music was far more eclectic than obliterating (a playlist including Transsexual From Transylvania, something or other from Rammstein, Strange Brew, and an instrumental track that sounded like it was straight out of Binding of Isaac? Sure, why not), and the people seemed decent enough, although there were quite a few after a while and the living room turned fairly chaotic. I managed to get drunk enough for that.

However, something ended up not quite agreeing with me... I'm not sure if it was the three or so vodka picklebacks I downed before leaving the house, the absolutely repulsive beer I ended up buying a sixpack of, the first-ever puffs of weed from a communal joint, or possibly just the fact that I'm woefully out of practice with getting hammered...

Whatever the case, I ended up excusing myself to get some air, nearly fell asleep on the porch, puked off the side of the porch onto the lawn, and made an expeditious retreat from the party and my last 3/4 of a can (pint cans, I'm not a complete featherweight) of beer.

At least I didn't try any of the cupcakes. Apparently there were a few "special" ones mixed in with the others, and nobody knew which was which. I did try a piece of the moonshine-soaked watermelon brain, though.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: October 28, 2018, 08:45:50 am »

So, the events of last night will probably be going in three separate threads down here in General Discussion, but i'll start here - In an act of self-destructive curiosity I went out and drank quite a lot.  As I'm famous in meatspace for being essentially tee-total, my opener of 6 doubles got some attention. I proceeded to follow it up with a fair few more and other things, until closing time, at which point I wandered over to a club with a couple of mates (I had arranged to crash at the pub I started in, it's owned by a mate) and chatted to the bouncer and patrons over the course of the extra-long night (clocks go back, bitches), even being mistaken for a bouncer several times.

So, the first time I've ever been drunk went alrightish, and I now see why people get drunk - I can barely even think the things that would normally be harshing up my day (even now, the day after), so it's a win.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 28, 2018, 09:08:43 am »

So, the events of last night will probably be going in three separate threads down here in General Discussion, but i'll start here - In an act of self-destructive curiosity I went out and drank quite a lot.  As I'm famous in meatspace for being essentially tee-total, my opener of 6 doubles got some attention. I proceeded to follow it up with a fair few more and other things, until closing time, at which point I wandered over to a club with a couple of mates (I had arranged to crash at the pub I started in, it's owned by a mate) and chatted to the bouncer and patrons over the course of the extra-long night (clocks go back, bitches), even being mistaken for a bouncer several times.

So, the first time I've ever been drunk went alrightish, and I now see why people get drunk - I can barely even think the things that would normally be harshing up my day (even now, the day after), so it's a win.
I'll have you know that my first attempt at drunkenness was also fueled by self-destructive misery! Glad to hear things worked out alright, at least insofar as managing to have a good time while in the cups.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: October 28, 2018, 11:03:28 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:02:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: October 28, 2018, 12:49:12 pm »

It can be cathartic, seems like you hit the sweetspot without overdoing. Keep it rare and precious and you will have the most benefit out of it.

Sounds like wisdom, but I've still got to see how I do on monday.  If this ends up needing too much reapplication I'll be no better off than I was before.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: October 28, 2018, 01:17:14 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:02:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: October 29, 2018, 06:39:09 am »

Can't decide what to think about Snoop Dogg as every anime character in Kill la Kill (even the girls).

I seriously need to stop going to the weird side of YouTube while drunk.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 29, 2018, 06:44:01 am »

Can't decide what to think about Snoop Dogg as every anime character in Kill la Kill (even the girls).
If you can't decide what to think about it, imagine how he feels.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 29, 2018, 05:18:36 pm »

Must. Drink. Moar.

I cannot abide my current level of depression. DEPLOY THE ALCOHOL DEFENSE.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1315 on: October 29, 2018, 05:25:45 pm »

>gets depression
>drinks a depressant to treat it
wat r u doin my man, god gave us tea and spring water for these days

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 29, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »

>gets depression

God is dead, tea only helps you sleep, and I'd rather have cocaine but fucking authority figures gotta be cunts about that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 29, 2018, 05:33:03 pm »

>gets depression
Actually not that absurd of a notion... Depression symptoms can frequently be caused by an over-activation of certain brain centers, which then fire off a bit too much, push against each other, and completely wear you down while accomplishing nothing (ADHD hyperactivity/hypomania is conversely the brain feeling under-stimulated, so it starts feverishly trying to keep itself alive by being interested in everything around you, looking for a hook).

Red stress and blue stress make a one stress and a two stress, and then everything's fucked.

Getting drunk during a depressive mood is still a major crapshoot though, because you're very impressionable when you're drunk, and this includes actually listening to yourself when self-deprecation sets in... But if you're having a good time and can recognize that you're having a good time, it's quite nice!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 29, 2018, 05:36:32 pm »

I'm currently an asshole but I'm having a good time so I guess that's good.
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1319 on: October 29, 2018, 05:41:06 pm »

God is dead, tea only helps you sleep, and I'd rather have cocaine but fucking authority figures gotta be cunts about that.
Most of our forefathers are dead too but we still live on the fruits of their inheritance, so why not drink from the bounty of a dead God?
That sounds pretty metal to me ;P
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 141