Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172193 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1530 on: February 08, 2019, 05:59:17 pm »

In other news, managed to find an even more annoying bar patron than Patronizing Bitcoin Economist.
I'd just like to recount a bit of this encounter while I still remember.

I was sitting at the bar, sharing the occasional word with the Finnish bartender and her coworker for the night (who bears a certain passing resemblance to Olivia Wilde). Suddenly this fairly rectangular fellow in a button-up shirt sidled up and flung himself into the conversation (and my right side, despite there being plenty of open space) by ordering four rum & cokes. He then corrected himself, something about it not being called a "Coke and Morgan" because they didn't have Captain Morgan.

Finnish chick starts tending to his order, and the chap jovially leans over to me and murmurs... Something. I didn't really catch what he said, so I just smiled and nodded and went back to focusing on my own drink. He eventually gets his order and shuffles back to his buddies.

A couple hours later and he comes back, this time colliding with my left side instead of my right (there was even more space at the bar when this happened). He orders a couple beers, then turns to me and exclaims "Well hey, you're still here! What a pleasant surprise!" (the direct translation is closer to "that's nice"/"that's cozy"). I just nodded and said "Yep" before turning back. But this was clearly a man who would not take "Yep" for an answer, and he followed up with "So, you on the prowl tonight? Hitting up chicks?". I said no, I wasn't, and that I in fact had a girlfriend.

"Oh? Where's she then?"

"At home."

"Ah, I see, I see..."

A few brief moments passed, neurons fired, and then he loaded up the logical continuation for this pleasant chat:

"So, just out drooling over the sights eh?"

I was a bit put out, honestly. I just looked at him quizzically while trying to figure out what the fuck he just said, but then things got broken off by his beers being ready and getting served to him. Thanking Dionysus for his timely intervention, I went back to my hipster craft beer and decided to pretend that the whole thing never happened.

But that's just a bit too easy, innit?

A short while later, he swaggered back to the bar with a shit-eating grin of monolithic proportions, and with his sights clearly set on me. I acted as though I hadn't seen him and focused on my glass, but he was clearly intent on rolling out his new crowd-pleaser.

"So! You're out here chasing skirts while the old bag's snoozing at home, eh?"

Excuse me the fuck?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 08, 2019, 07:50:07 pm »

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would have been an acceptable, nay, even an ideal moment to punch on.
Though I guess maybe things are different in Norway. Perhaps you could have challenged him to a holmgang instead? I dunno.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 08, 2019, 09:45:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:54:06 am by dragdeler »
let

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 11, 2019, 02:35:05 am »

Haha flame beer is what lowlifes and alchys drink. Its really good for the cheap shit in nz but its not really for anything more than getting drunk.
But tuis... tui is worse swill here. Its continuous fermentation process makes the batches so varied that its a duce roll for ok beer to shit gullet swig.

If your doing this kiwi thing right get some Double browns. Lion brown, lion red, DB draught. Rheineck.
The brand Moa do some really good beers. Monteiths is good. Backyard brewery. Sure its all more expensive but at least its better for taste.

Tui is only good for the questions on the bottom of the caps, better if you are good with nz sport trivia.
Enjoy this small island, and do not displease the ancient spirits or the Taniwha.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 11, 2019, 02:51:14 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:11:40 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 11, 2019, 04:19:23 am »

edit: kagus got hit on by a bisexual? either way, take it as a compliment
If he flirts by bluntly and repeatedly insinuating that you're a dishonest, backstabbing horndog, he can very well fuck off.

Unless you meant that bizarre interaction with jacket man a long time ago, that was different. Vaguely patronizing, but not quite "lol, you cheater!" levels.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would have been an acceptable, nay, even an ideal moment to punch on.

I was sorely tempted. Instead I asked if he maybe wanted to adjust his fucking tone, and he got a bit confused by my speaking English. He said he was "only joking, mate", and that it was all in good fun. Friends?

...no, not friends. Kindly piss off and leave me alone. But he didn't, he came back later and talked about "sensing the animosity between us" (which he apparently needed to sneak up on me in order to sense) and wanted a handshake to make sure that we were all good. I was still a bit grumpy so I avoided the shake and maintained that we were all good so long as he practiced his comedian act at his own table.

I'm not good at standing up for myself, or getting into any kind of conflict, but fuck if that didn't boil a couple kettles...

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 11, 2019, 07:02:38 am »

Double browns. Lion brown, lion red, DB draught. Rheineck.
Just to be clear this list was a shit beer list. This is if you want to sample our nations shitty beer.
I felt like it wasn't clear enough.
Enjoy Auckland but im far from that spaghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 11, 2019, 04:46:34 pm »

Kagus, I hope that's not too much embellishment, because holy cow I've got a bit of a self-respect stiffy just reading that. Sorry yon cake sniffer intruded on your hipster brew time, but it sounds like you did great.
I didn't outright tell him to piss off, but other than that it's fairly faithful... Switching between Norwegian and English (I tend to swap over to English when I'm particularly aggravated about something) seemed to confuse him a fair bit, and he probably still thinks we're good buddies. Real funnyboy.

In other news, this red wine I've got is absolutely dreadful... Tastes like chalk. Chugging the glass worked to take the edge off my bizarre evening anxiety buzz (not actually a common occurrence, probably has to do with my being off meds for this long), but that's pretty much all it was good for.

And I've got a whole damn box of the stuff!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 13, 2019, 02:33:38 am »

Walked among the thorns and the vines.
And the mountain laurel, hypocritically along the lowland river.

So much to be said, and nothing I'm fit to say.  It was a good evening.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 13, 2019, 09:57:06 am »

Walked among the thorns and the vines.
And the mountain laurel, hypocritically along the lowland river.

So much to be said, and nothing I'm fit to say.  It was a good evening.

Getting drunk & appreciating nature while musing on philosophy is a favorite hobby of mine, so I think I get it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 13, 2019, 07:33:51 pm »

I feel like a piece of shit. This is what I get for actually socializing with people.

Nice, safe topics... those I can handle. The dude I just net's open marriage and his wife's open discussion of Dom lifestyle on the open market? Nah. I'm not secure enough to think about that.

Fuck everything. It's all pain.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 13, 2019, 10:16:05 pm »

holy... there is a surprisingly notable difference between 80 and 90 proof.

Trying a new brandy tonight (Copper & Kings American Brandy. I think it's VS, it doesn't say).  It's 90 instead of 80...

It's my 4th brand of brandy (heh... way funnier given my BAC).  3/4 I've tried now is pretty good.  I was not a fan of the Cīroc VS.

My ranking:
Best so far: Hennesy VSOP
Tie for 2nd: Courvoisier VS, Copper & Kings
4th: Cīroc VS

Hennessy was very smooth, kind of caramel flavors.  Could just hold it in your mouth and savor...
My complaint with the Cīroc was it was... rough?  Just wasn't nearly as smooth.

The Copper & Kings has good flavor, but its proof is almost a detractor.  It's... maybe with a greener grape than the others? Seems "lighter" in some sense.  Maybe with its proof it is probably better mixed, but I tend to drink my liquor neat.

I should probably find a new store to try other marques... the only ones I've not tried at my usual store are a Remy Martin Champagne Cognac (the priciest there - just shy of $60 for the 750mL VS offering) or the bottom-shelf $12/750mL brands.  Maybe those are surprisingly good? Dunno.  I suppose it's worth the risk to try given their price - although generally the bottom shelf stuff is... severe.  At least, I've only ever had bottom-shelf vodka, which put me off to the stuff for a long time until I had quality vodka.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 13, 2019, 11:24:20 pm »

Facebook saw fit to remind me of the video I posted last Valentine's Day: a rum and dry being mixed from a first-person perspective on a coffee table with Acid Witch blasting in the background.
This inspired me to make a stop at yon liquor store on my way home in preparation to reenact said scene. Only difference is, the cheap-ass rum featured in the video has since gone up in price, so I paid just $7 more to get my beloved Southern Comfort instead.

Now, to wash some dishes before I commence to drinking.

Edit: yeah, I'm tipsy alright. Washed those dishes, too. Even the frying pan that needed to soak awhile, I went back and drunkenly scrubbed the shit outta it.
Haven't really listened to any music yet, though. Been reading in the backyard. Sun's no longer shining directly onto me now, though, and it's getting a bit chilly, so I think I might head inside whether I'm going to spend my evening at home listening to music or out and about seeing it live.
And drinking. Of course.

Also I have messaged no less than three different persons whom I am interested in in a romantic and/or sexual way. Oh dear. I didn't say anything creepy or embarrassing though, so that's okay, but I worry that I may be setting a precedent for tonight's drunk.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:54:23 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 15, 2019, 12:26:55 pm »

I am rather drunk, and have found myself at Cherry Bar.
O lawd.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1544 on: February 15, 2019, 12:33:08 pm »

what was ye poison yon landlubber
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 141