Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211004 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #495 on: March 18, 2014, 06:04:05 am »

If I live again, grab replacement gear and join boarding. If I'm not alive, be a corpse.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #496 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:53 am »

Nothing says excitement like being fired out of a cannon.
Yay! Let's go!
Can I bring my battlesuit or will I be charging with my monorazor? Because I don't think I can lift the Rainbow Cannon or the Mining laser without Gilgamesh.
I don't mind either way.

Well, the pods have quite limited space, so battle suit is probably out of the question, though smaller things Like MKIII's would be able to be stored. If you have the cash or stuff in your on ship inventory you wanna get/spend, we can do that real fast. Alternatively, someone else can give you a weapon.

I live... again.  Praise Algis!

I'm good with that.  Hopefully Lars can get patched up and sent back out so he can deliver righteous wrath.
Yeah, why not. In fact, anyone who is just wounded, but not temp dead, can consider themselves patched up enough to go fight if they want.

3. Would you guys mind if we skipped ahead to the part where I pack you guys into enormous gauss shells and fire you up toward their ships to board them? Because I feel that this current state of events might be getting rather boring for you. And nothing says excitement like being fired out of a cannon.
If it's for the good of the game, sure, let's get this show on the road again!

Just wondering, but how do you want to go about this? Should we divide team H into subteams for every ship? Just wing it and see who ends up where? Should some players stay behind in case some UWM forces try something again (like a desperate last attempt to take us out)?
Oh, and how big are those pods? Would Miya even fit in one? And if yes, is there any point in sending him up there, or would he be confined to the hangar (I could imagine a spaceship being rather cramped)?

Miyamoto, team C leader

Go to the crash sites of the drone-filled pods, see if there's anything to be salvaged. If not, check if the various dead sods and battlesuits have anything on them worth holding on to. If also not, be in limbo until the powers that be decide what to do. Grab a piece of debris to actually limbo.

Well theres various laser and gauss rifles and such, though nothing really fitting of your standing. Other people might need them, though. You're not gonna be able to go with the boarding parties, unfortunately. You're too big. 

As per how we're gonna do this: My assumption is that everyone who wants to volunteer for this will load up into these pods; 4 people to a pod. Then we're gonna fire those pods up at the ships and pray that the systems in place to 1.stop the occupants from dying of massive g-forces 2.prevent them from being sliced apart by lasers and 3.prevent impact from just crushing the shell rather then letting it get into the ship, work.

The idea, once they're into the ship and have taken over, (hopefully a few others ships have been taken too) is to have them attack any remaining ships, along with support from The Sword and the great big fucking gauss cannon we built to fire these pods. I suggest someone good at Aux goes with each party, because someone is gonna need to fly the thing.

Felix Grant, Team D Leader

((Aww! But my character development! ;)
With Lars' death retconned out,
Felix would be heading for the infirmary now, so it might not even affect me. I'd rather we did skip to the boarding phase, though.))

If there's nothing for Team D to do before the boarding, Felix will hobble back to the Sword's infirmary, to get his lost blood and arm replaced, and his leg looked at. Even if that means missing out on the boarding phase.

((If Felix taking command is still canon, I'm assuming Lars was knocked unconscious or something. If Lars was still conscious at all, Felix wouldn't have done much more than moan about his arm.))
Consider your arm robotizized and your blood replaced. What it has been replaced with...well, thats a surprise!

You're ready to go.

Can the dead be revived in time for boarding?
Uhhhhh....uhhhhh.....ummmmm Ah why not. Consider yourselves up and hungry for brains victory.

Can the dead be revived in time for boarding?
I would also like to know this.  Also, will we get level ups from just the ground fighting, or only boarding?  If the former, will boarding give anything extra?

Harry, could I get that emergency kit back?

I'll have to think about this...for now assume you're back as a normal robot person and we'll work out the shape shifting stuff later. I am leery of having more then one "The Thing" around, or potential the things. However, if you can think of some good limitations and downsides to it, then I'm a lot more likely to go with it. Powers must always have drawbacks. Because the universe is theatrical.

Harry, could I get that emergency kit back?

Make the MFM unbought and the emergency kit returned, by the power of Steve!

Also, join boarding.

Got it.

Auron, team F.

take the rocket pods and fuck off gear back to the sword, deposit any severed heads i possess in the infirmary along with their respective gear.

Have this action be run finally.

Jump in a boarding pod.

I think I assumed those pods made it back to the sword, but they definitely did now.
((Welcome back, PW!))

Anton is too squishy to participate in the boarding, and his signature weapon is useless there. He will instead help the teams prepare for boarding, as well as prepare the Southern Cross and the Black Death for supporting the boarding operation. The former as an assault ship/boarding pod, the latter as a means to stop potential targets from running away and to prevent desperate fleet commanders from using their ships to preemptively destroy the commandeered ones.

In reality it might be best to save those for when the counter attack begins. Ie, once we have control of a few ships and are attacking the others. The ships won't really be able to keep up with the boarding pods and sending them up there ahead of them is rather suicidal.

Pancaek is all up for boarding, IF he can get his mindpoints refilled by the time we get launched. Otherwise he will be completely defenceless, which won't do.

Sure.
HELLO PLAYERS. Dark souls 2 is pretty damn great. Took me 60 hours to beat, so you'll definitely get your money's worth. Anyways, back to game.

First 10 minutes for me summed up: "Hey some undead soldiers these guys are pushovers" to "AHHHHHHHHHH"

TEAM A
contemplate the nature of brooms and booze

Wait till you get to Royal Rat Authority. Holy fuck.

Alright so, before we go, now is the time to buy or get anything you need. If you're actually ready, then break up into teams of 4 and try to be as autonomous with in that team as possible because you can't rely on the other pods making it to the same ship as you (or indeed making it at all).

Basically anyone smaller then a battle suit is eligible to go. The more, the better.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 18, 2014, 11:52:58 am »

Well theres various laser and gauss rifles and such, though nothing really fitting of your standing. Other people might need them, though.
Gather any and all weapons and other potentially useful stuf from dead enemies and suits. Gather it in a big pile outside the hangar and make inventory of what there is, for handing out to boarding party or giving away later.

Also, some questions: can we send the surviving sods along with boarding party? Will those left behind have any job to do for Steve, or is the mission over for us? Can someone on the ground help out with piloting through verbally guiding a boarder (aka helping his AUX roll)?

(@ boarding party: I'm willing to loan out the shard launcher and thermite thrower to those who can use it. Also, since I'm not going along, someone else should try to keep track of who teams up with who, to make it easier on PW and avoid confusion. Cael, Sercon, would any of you be up for this? Both Jim and Milno are also one of Steve's generals after all.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:02:35 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 18, 2014, 12:14:16 pm »

((Lars would give others priority, but he'd take either of those if no one else wanted them.  With 10 base str and a MkIII, he should be able to wield them no problem.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #499 on: March 18, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

((@RC: Is that a piezoelectric shard launcher or a crystalline projector? Because if it's a crystalline projector, I'd like that. Else, I'll just mooch Simus for a weapon to borrow. Else, I'll just take a gauss rifle from the pile.))

@Simus: "Hey there Master Control Program. Got any weapons to spare for your bravest, most loyal and most favorite soldier? I would gladly go charging against the UWM scum with my trusty monorazor in your service, but I'd feel better if I were to have a weapon offered by your hand, o fair lady, much like the knights of old."

@Everyone:"Anybody wants to sign up to the most awesomest boarding team ever? Brave combat, excitement and equal opportunities for all! Come join the fun! All are welcome to apply!"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:09:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2014, 12:53:31 pm »

In reality it might be best to save those for when the counter attack begins. Ie, once we have control of a few ships and are attacking the others. The ships won't really be able to keep up with the boarding pods and sending them up there ahead of them is rather suicidal.
Sure, let's go with that. Just have them ready to fly as soon as they're needed. Get the fusion missiles from the Party Wagon installed on the Southern Cross as additonal firepower.

Also see if it's possible to let me participate by proxy by taking remote command/"mission control" of a small sod squad, with my drones acting as scouts to them. If it's possible, have a team of 4 regular Sods armed with a mix of gauss and laser weapons, plus my last 2 mapping drones, board one of the pods as a separate team.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:19:11 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 18, 2014, 01:02:08 pm »

"Guess we're splitting off into new groups."
"Who should we go with?"
"Let's go with people we know who will at least try not to shoot their teammates."
"Do we even know anyone here, aside from Miya?"
"Well, there's the one who shuttled you around a bit back. There's the old man from the mining colony mission we got along with rather well."
"We need four people, though."
"Yeah, well, maybe if you actually had friends, this wouldn't be so difficult for you."

Quote from: Pancaek-> Skylar, Flint
Hello, dear fellow convicts/ARM soldiers. Would you enjoy going on a boarding party with me?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2014, 01:19:58 pm »

@Pancaek: Why yes, I would be delighted to have you in the MABTE. With The One on our team, all we need now is a competent fleshtech, if such mythical being exists. Or maybe just a regular medic.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2014, 01:21:55 pm »

@Pancaek: Why yes, I would be delighted to have you in the MABTE. With The One on our team, all we need now is a competent fleshtech, if such mythical being exists. Or maybe just a regular medic.

"Ooh, pick me! Pick me! I'm sort of a medic! I could even get an emergency kit! And I have a gun! And I'm a robot!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2014, 01:23:47 pm »

Quote from: Jack->Everyone
Anyone wish to have me on their team?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:43:45 pm by Tavik Toth »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 18, 2014, 01:36:27 pm »

@flint"Thanks, Old man. Maybe you could snag Skylar? He's pretty good at flying stuff. I think he knows how to stitch you fleshlings back together, too."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 18, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »

Lars, having been patched up enough to get back into the fight, reports back to his commanders.

Quote from: To Generals Miyamoto and Jim, and Saint Milno
Glorious Leaders,

I have recovered from the incident in the bunker enough to be ready to fight.  I am available for any assignment.

Brother Lars
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 18, 2014, 02:00:27 pm »

((Too bad Miya can't come along, and that Feyri is braindead, or we could get the gang from mission 8 back together. Well, at leas the three of you can go and merrily spread chaos again.))

((@RC: Is that a piezoelectric shard launcher or a crystalline projector? Because if it's a crystalline projector, I'd like that. Else, I'll just mooch Simus for a weapon to borrow. Else, I'll just take a gauss rifle from the pile.))
Piezoelectric one.

Also see if it's possible to let me participate by proxy by taking remote command of a small sod squad, with my drones acting as scouts to them.
For reference, we have about 10-ish normal sods left, and 4 sniper sods.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 18, 2014, 02:02:19 pm »

Felix flexed the fingers on his mechanical arm, adjusting to the sensations of his new limb as he stepped out of the infirmary. After checking the backlog of messages on his wristpad, he headed to the staging point for the boarding operation.

Quote from: 'Felix Grant', To 'General Miyamoto'
The infirmary patched me up, so I'm clear to join the boarding op. Which team am I on, sir?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 18, 2014, 02:26:21 pm »

Wake up
Check my head first. Any new scars, metal plates, or missing brain tissue?
Then check my body. Did they repair it or replace it?
Then check my equipment. Anything missing or broken?

Quote from:  Dubley to Lars
Do you have any time to help an old teammate? Ingram hates me.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 109