Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212125 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #570 on: March 19, 2014, 05:15:16 pm »

Could you tell me how much tokens the stuff in that pile is worth?
Would it be ok if I kept a sod team in reserve, to be launched should a team get into trouble on one of the ships? And would this be of any use, or does it take too long for a boarding ship to reach it's target?
Ask Steve if anyone has claimed any sort of loot yet, and the circumstances that person got it in (aka whether they killed the previous owner or not).

Give the shard launcher to Lars, if he still wants to loan it.
Give the thermite thrower to Thomas, and hand him 1 gauss rifle, two extra clips, and some nades from the pile.

Also, create a canister of neotherm or thermite or whatever (ask U_P for exact compostion) and give it to Auron. Make as much as I can with my current mindpool (don't burn myself out completely though).

I dunno if Miya would be happy with you just raiding his pile of weapons and just stowing them away.
((Indeed he wouldn't. For the record, don't let anyone grab anything from the pile, unless stated in Miya's action that person can. Just to preemptively avoid confusion.))

"If anyone needs a weapon, I gathered some stuff outside the Sword. Just get up here and tell me what you need. New recruits or people without a weapon get preference."

Miyamoto, if you can keep command of the ground, I would like to join the boarding parties - I have skills that may be of use, as well as copious amounts of equipment that may also be of use - my armor, especially. I'll form a team from the available units, if that's all right with you. And feel free to make use of the command and control facilities down here in the HQ, if you want. They're fairly comprehensive, if a bit secluded from any potential action.
"Of course you can go. I'm a bit too big to come along with you guys, but I'll try to help from down here where I can. The HQ will probably prove real convenient for that, though I'm not sure if I fit in there. We'll find out soon enough."

((Note: I won't respond to the people who messaged Miya for orders or assignment since I'm not dividing teams. Check wiki if you're looking for a squad. Or ask Milno in-game.

Also, still loaning out the thermite thrower, if anyone wants it.))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:48:06 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 19, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »

MGAXT-85674/FR/ Dark Angel/Void Reaper - Team D: A Purple Heart just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.

Commander Steve, Sir!
Are we expecting any vital points to secure in addituion to bridge and engineering?

Go nab some connector cables, recharge the laser battery, get my towel back and stow it then get strapped into Denzel and Auron's pod.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:36:50 pm by Phoenix Flame »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 19, 2014, 05:33:56 pm »

@miyamoto "If you arent going could i get you to make me a small neotherm canister for breaching purposes?"

((Pretty sure i remember piecewise saying we dont get to keep stuff bought with RU, i dont think that pile of guns is gonna be worth tokens.))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:42:35 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 19, 2014, 05:37:26 pm »

Quote from: Milno to Thomas
In case you aren't in a boarding party yet, you can join mine. Up for it?
Quote from: Thomas to Milno
I'm already grouped up with some newbies, so I can't join up with you, sorry.
I'm sure you have plenty of recruits already though, right?

Go approach Miyamoto and ask for some weaponry.

"Miyamoto, sir, may I borrow the, ah, thermite thrower and some grenades, as well as a spare gauss rifle? My boarding team is mostly newbies, so I was thinking of giving the gauss rifle to whomever was best with guns."

After the request is allowed or disallowed, head to the boarding pod and get a good look at it. Is it essentially what the team rode in mission 3?

Then get in. And pray to Steve.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:45:59 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 19, 2014, 05:44:47 pm »

@miyamoto "If you arent going could i get you to make me a small neotherm canister for breaching purposes?"

((Pretty sure i remember piecewise saying we dont get to keep stuff bought with RU, i dont think that pile of guns probably isnt worth tokens.))

"Oh yeah, we agreed I'd make you one of those to make up for that previous thing. I'll consider that thing settled then. Just a sec."

((Editing action. And yeah, I didn't think it'd be worth anything, but I wanted to double-check to be sure. Cause there literally won't be anything to give people any bonus otherwise, aside from maybe the 10 tokens from the battlesuit stuff, and that won't take us very far I'm afraid :/

But hey, even if we can only give the very newbs 1 token I'll be happy.))

Quote from: Milno to Thomas
In case you aren't in a boarding party yet, you can join mine. Up for it?
Quote from: Thomas to Milno
I'm already grouped up with some newbies, so I can't join up with you, sorry.
I'm sure you have plenty of recruits already though, right?

Go approach Miyamoto and ask for an anti-armor weapon.
"Miyamoto, sir, may I borrow the, ah, thermite thrower and some grenades, as well as a spare gauss rifle? My boarding team is mostly newbies, so I was thinking of giving the gauss rifle to whomever was best with guns."
After the request is allowed or disallowed, head to the boarding pod and get a good look at it. Is it essentially what the team rode in mission 3?

Then get in. And pray to Steve.

"A reasonable request. But make sure you hand over that gauss rifle, you can't dual wield with those after all. Without a exoskeleton, I mean."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:47:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 19, 2014, 05:55:11 pm »

"A reasonable request. But make sure you hand over that gauss rifle, you can't dual wield with those after all. Without a exoskeleton, I mean."
"Thank you, sir."

Thomas leaves with his haul to the pod and removes his helmet before entering. He then tries to start up conversation with the other members of his team who had already entered. He assumed that he was the group leader, as he was the most senior  member there.

"So, uh, do we have a team name? Something festive, like the synthflesh cyclopses? Parcelus' Polymphei? "

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 19, 2014, 06:00:56 pm »

Quote from: Grate->Milno
Dear...Mr.? Milno
Mr. Miyamoto told me to ask you who I'm going to be boarding with.
Who am I boarding with?
Sincerely,
Grate
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 19, 2014, 06:53:21 pm »

Denzel Gaunt, Boarding Team C Leader

"So, folks, any name ideas?"

Get ready to go, charge an uncon bonus.

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 19, 2014, 07:52:41 pm »

Quote from: message from Steve Saint to Miyamoto De Bergerac
"I would like a weapon, although not for use in this boarding action.  Preferably a sniper rifle, as that would be more suited to an automated fire control, but any weapon would do.  Perhaps a grenade as well?  Please note that I am both a new recruit, and have no weapon.

Also, I have heard that you are willing to manufacture melee weapons sometimes?  I don't mean to be rude, but a melee weapon would be very useful to me during this action.  Preferably two kukris."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:14 pm »

Give the shard launcher to Lars, if he still wants to loan it.

Sure
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 19, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »

Gear up, scab spare weapons, jump in the team E pod, strap in and get ready for launch.

Quote from: Lerman to all
Which crews still have space?

e-: joined team E
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:25:48 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

((If any of the Teams need more filling up, I'm sending May in. She's pretty good with Uncon., and she has an Emergency Kit.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »

Quote from: Felix Grant, To All
I think all of the squads that were actively recruiting are filled, now. We'll have to form a new one. Recruiting for Boarding Team E.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »

Quote from: Lerman Russ To Team E
I'm in for Boarding Team E. I call shotgun!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2014, 02:13:02 am »

Team A, Fütball / Pilot and Support, Skylar

Ready to go. Hey Miyamoto, you said you had some grenades?

Ask for a couple grenades.

Otherwise, be ready to be shot at into the sky to my doom
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 109