Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210951 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #795 on: March 27, 2014, 04:21:20 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Which way, which way... Hrmm. At least with the area depressurized we won't run into many crewmen. Well, living ones. Three lines, four of us. Perhaps we could split up, and each follow a line, at least until we get to a sign. Then we can just backtrack to each other."
Team B Shapeshifting Weasels

Xan motions to himself and Dubley, and then one of the corridors.

Follow team.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:13:22 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #796 on: March 27, 2014, 04:29:11 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Sounds like a plan. Just take them or pose as security? I don't think a MK III is something they just issue to normal crew, but the MK II should look close enough.

(( Yeah, speech checks sound like a fantastic idea :P Though you do have some bonus's so it could be a workable plan. I just need to never say anything. ))
"I think it would be best if you stayed hidden until I either manage to bluff them into stopping or things start going south. Once we get them to stop you check their suits, IDs and radios while I tie 'em up and interrogate them. Maybe you should also ask Steve if he can do anything with their suits when you connect with them, if he can pull data out of them or use them to hack the ship. OK?"

"Oh, and another thing. You seem like a reasonable guy but given the kind of people that were in the HMRC... I just wanted to say, try not to kill them?"

((Hey, if we're lucky, it might at least take us through a checkpoint. Or give us the element of surprise. Or some mobile cover. Or allow us to die in a hilarious way.

...Let's just hope Milno can fly up that ventilation shaft quickly. It's only 100m and he's got rockets, right?))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 27, 2014, 04:35:38 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Sounds like a plan. Just take them or pose as security? I don't think a MK III is something they just issue to normal crew, but the MK II should look close enough.

(( Yeah, speech checks sound like a fantastic idea :P Though you do have some bonus's so it could be a workable plan. I just need to never say anything. ))
"I think it would be best if you stayed hidden until I either manage to bluff them into stopping or things start going south. Once we get them to stop you check their suits, IDs and radios while I tie 'em up and interrogate them. Maybe you should also ask Steve if he can do anything with their suits when you connect with them, if he can pull data out of them or use them to hack the ship. OK?"

"Oh, and another thing. You seem like a reasonable guy but given the kind of people that were in the HMRC... I just wanted to say, try not to kill them?"

((Hey, if we're lucky, it might at least take us through a checkpoint. Or give us the element of surprise. Or some mobile cover. Or allow us to die in a hilarious way.

...Let's just hope Milno can fly up that ventilation shaft quickly. It's only 100m and he's got rockets, right?))

(( Yeah, I agree, this is a good opportunity, and if speech works, it should work well. My concern is that their radios are likely similar to our radios, so our only means of disabling comms quickly will be to disable the man. And yeah, Milno should be able to hook up with us quickly, he's got a MK III ))

Modified action slightly
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:37:18 pm by Kriellya »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 27, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »

Team E(xpendable) - Magilla
Follow Bishop and Lerman. If we fight anyone, take cover and shoot at them with my laser rifle. If we don't assist them with anything they do.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 27, 2014, 04:45:34 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Which way, which way... Hrmm. At least with the area depressurized we won't run into many crewmen. Well, living ones. Three lines, four of us. Perhaps we could split up, and each follow a line, at least until we get to a sign. Then we can just backtrack to each other."
Team B Shapeshifting Weasels

Xan motions to himself and Dubley, and then one of the corridors.

Proceed down a corridor with Dubley, if he agrees.
Dubley nods his head and gives a thumbs up.
((Action edited to follow Xan.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 27, 2014, 04:56:53 pm »

Auron team C

Check the control panels connectivity, if it has a keycard reader swipe my maintenance card through to gain access.
Open only this door.

If there is no card reader or the bulkhead doesnt open attempt to cut an opening with my laser rifle.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:46:48 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 27, 2014, 05:10:17 pm »

((Note: swordsmith, if you want to take over this turn, just post a turn here and I'll delete mine. Or copy-paste what I've got, whatever, I'm just posting now just in case you wouldn't make it or something.))

Whatever they were originally. SO I think mkI's?
Yep, sounds about right.

Boarding Team "Kappa" (H),  temporary mission control - Miyamoto

Miyamoto asks which of the three teams on ship Alpha is closest to the bridge, and how much time apart they would arrive if they all beelined for the bridge now and weren't interrupted. Let Steve use an estimate of the bridge's location for this if he doesn't know it exactly (this is mainly to get a better idea of our how far we are apart than 'a good distance'.
He asks if there usually are alternate routes into the command center on UWM ships, or only one, and if there are interesting secondary objectives they could pursue on their way to the bridge (like, say, the ship's AI core).

Sod team advances towards the bridge. Scout drone goes in front (always make sure stuff like corners or doors are scouted ahead with drone first), but try to keep up the pace.

Sods move in formation: grenadier 1 goes first, he focuses on the front. Then commander sod, he supports front and watches right and left (e.g. when passing a door, he covers it). Then support trooper, he operates the scout drone, but supports when team comes under fire. Lastly comes grenadier 2, he focuses on the rear.

Try to find a console of sorts while moving for the bridge, or failing that be on lookout for a place that might have one (e.g. a door with a sign saying 'central communication hub').

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:12:16 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 27, 2014, 05:14:55 pm »

Auron team C

Check the control panels connectivity, if it has a keycard reader swipe my maintenance card through to gain access.
Open all the doors this panel has access to, even airlocks, especially airlocks.

If there is no card reader or the bulkhead doesnt open.

Angel/MGAXT-85674/FR: Team C Audax

Careful sir, minute you start opening doors they're liable to know where we are, plus we may need someone to help actually fly this thing so we don't need too many casualties, on that note, prisoner policy sir? we're kind of short when it comes to restraint options

Take what cover is available and cover the bulkhead in case anything lethal is on the other side of it.

ETA OOC: Just changed Angel's speech colour to navy... the orange was getting a bit confusing with Auron on the same team... and it was a pain for me to read anyway
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:18:01 pm by Phoenix Flame »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 27, 2014, 05:48:50 pm »

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

We shouldn't split up. If we do, the opposing forces could isolate us from one another, making us easier targets. Xan might be able to tear through a bulkhead, given time. I could probably blast my ways through two or three, but then I'm out of explosives. Those cutters we salvaged have the same issue, they're limited-use. Otherwise, we don't have any way through bulkheads that might be used to keep us separate. We only have one objective to get to, anyways, the command center. From there, we can eliminate most of the crew, if not all of it, without direct confrontation.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:36 pm »

Xan pauses down the corridor. He turns to Simus and manages to clack out something resembling: What do you say we do?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2014, 06:00:24 pm »

"Fine... ill try lasering it first."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2014, 06:39:03 pm »

"I could probably punch through a few bulkheads with my amp. Rather not try unless I have to of course. And yes, splitting up is bad, however, we've just arrived, and we'd only need to go as far as a sign, then regroup."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2014, 06:50:41 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

"Auron, let's try cutting our way through first."

Stand to the side, and should Auron not succeed in cutting through the door, melt a doorway through the bulkhead- just the edges, don't heat the inside of the shape.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2014, 06:54:47 pm »

Team Ehhhhhh - Lerman

Breach and clear! Take cover and shoot any that oppose us en route to the cockpit. Loot any weapons, ammo or armor that don't slag themselves.

"I call dibs on any armor suits or flamethrowers."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:54:12 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »

Team F-- Dominika Novak
Presumably have been following the whole time, keep on staying in back and if combat breaks out, take cover.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 109