Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211997 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2014, 04:43:38 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"I will catch up with them. Tell me if priorities change."

Take the way past the grate and towards the light. Carry Thaddeus along when flying's needed. In case removing the grate or making a hole turns out to be harder than expected, take one of the unused laser cutters not taken by Thaddeus and use it to open a hole on the grate.

In case the way into the ship's hallways is found, proceed as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 28, 2014, 05:00:02 pm »

TEAM G
"I suspect that we should take the door down"
check battery on mining laser, ready near the door, make a horizontal slice across its width
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 28, 2014, 05:11:27 pm »

Team B

What are we waiting for?
Follow the blue path.
We were waiting for each other to move. Opportunistic cowardice is essential to survival.

Blue path!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »

Team E- Lerman

See if I can't hack into the computer system (using the shitty handiwork skill which always backfires). If not, proceed to move cautiously down into the ship.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:10:45 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 28, 2014, 06:08:06 pm »

SODS GONNA SOD.
So, you won't run my action? Or did you just run out of time? Whatever the case, I'll just repost it here:

((Note: swordsmith, if you want to take over this turn, just post a turn here and I'll delete mine. Or copy-paste what I've got, whatever, I'm just posting now just in case you wouldn't make it or something.))

Whatever they were originally. SO I think mkI's?
Yep, sounds about right.

Boarding Team "Kappa" (H),  temporary mission control - Miyamoto

Miyamoto asks which of the three teams on ship Alpha is closest to the bridge, and how much time apart they would arrive if they all beelined for the bridge now and weren't interrupted. Let Steve use an estimate of the bridge's location for this if he doesn't know it exactly (this is mainly to get a better idea of our how far we are apart than 'a good distance'.
He asks if there usually are alternate routes into the command center on UWM ships, or only one, and if there are interesting secondary objectives they could pursue on their way to the bridge (like, say, the ship's AI core).

Sod team advances towards the bridge. Scout drone goes in front (always make sure stuff like corners or doors are scouted ahead with drone first), but try to keep up the pace.

Sods move in formation: grenadier 1 goes first, he focuses on the front. Then commander sod, he supports front and watches right and left (e.g. when passing a door, he covers it). Then support trooper, he operates the scout drone, but supports when team comes under fire. Lastly comes grenadier 2, he focuses on the rear.

Try to find a console of sorts while moving for the bridge, or failing that be on lookout for a place that might have one (e.g. a door with a sign saying 'central communication hub').

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 28, 2014, 06:24:41 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" -Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

Follow along with Milno, hold onto Milno where needed
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #831 on: March 28, 2014, 06:50:23 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Hijacker

Can we retcon it so that I stopped them without threatening them with my weapons, since I have a MK2 and not a MK1?

If yes, see if I can get at least one of them to dismount by telling them there's someone injured and I need their help carrying him.
While talking to them, close the distance between us.
Try to lead them towards the spot Skylar is hiding.
When they're close to Skylar or when it looks like they're on to me or if it looks like this isn't going to work, bring my guns out to threaten them (telling them not to move or do anything unless they want to die).
Call for Skylar to either remove their helmets or connect with their suits to shut down their comms while I try to do the same (whatever looks easier at the time). Skylar's got a MK3, he should be able to approach them quickly and his exoskeleton should allow him to pin them down.

If no, approach them quickly, still yelling at them not to move unless they want to die. Remove their helmets or connect with their suits to disable their comms (whatever looks easier to do) while calling for Skylar to do the same.

If I'm successful, tie them up using my rope and search them for any comm devices I might have missed and make sure they can't use them.

If they resist, try to restrain them or failing that, punch them.

If they try to run away, try to catch them.
If I can't catch them, fire a warning shot.
If that doesn't work and Skylar doesn't manage to catch them either, shoot to disable.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:55:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 28, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »

Team A- Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

Can we retcon it so that I stopped them without threatening them with my weapons, since I have a MK2 and not a MK1?

If yes, see if I can get at least one of them to dismount by telling them there's someone injured and I need their help carrying him.
While talking to them, close the distance between us.
Try to lead them towards the spot Skylar is hiding.
When they're close to Skylar or when it looks like they're on to me or if it looks like this isn't going to work, bring my guns out to threaten them (telling them not to move or do anything unless they want to die).
Call for Skylar to either remove their helmets or connect with their suits to shut down their comms while I try to do the same (whatever looks easier at the time). Skylar's got a MK3, he should be able to approach them quickly and his exoskeleton should allow him to pin them down.

If no, approach them quickly, still yelling at them not to move unless they want to die. Remove their helmets or connect with their suits to disable their comms (whatever looks easier to do) while calling for Skylar to do the same.

If I'm successful, tie them up using my rope and search them for any comm devices I might have missed and make sure they can't use them.

If they resist, try to restrain them or failing that, punch them.

If they try to run away, try to catch them.
If I can't catch them, fire a warning shot.
If that doesn't work and Skylar doesn't manage to catch them either, shoot to disable.

Follow quoted plan, supporting Flint as necessary :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:30:52 am by Kriellya »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 28, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Stand to the side and ensure everyone else is out of the way of the door before Auron hits the button.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 28, 2014, 10:33:20 pm »

What is a problem, however, is what appears to be a large, black dome affixed to the ceiling at the center of the intersection. You can't tell what it is, but all things considered, it's either extremely poor modern art or something that wants to kill you.
Hard to say which would be worse.

I can only imagine grate chasing along after Lars, his hands on the cutter but not actually hold any of its weight, shouting "I'm HELPING!" over ad over again.
Even though Grate has the most technical skill in the group. Thanks, Lars!

Ship Beta?: Team F: Grate

Roll eyes at Lars's obvious warning. Watch shard launcher in action, then enter hallway once nothing visible is likely to shoot me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 28, 2014, 11:12:58 pm »

See if I can't hack into the computer system (using the shitty handiwork skill which always backfires). If not, proceed to move cautiously into the ship.

((Put your team name in with your action! It helps piecewise not get all murderously snarky at us, and just murderous at our characters.))

Team E

"Down it is then, since you lot don't have jetpacks."

Head back into the breaching craft we arrived in and grab as many working laser cutters as possible for the team to carry. Hand them out among the team (making sure to keep count of how many we've got left) and head down into the ship, keeping an eye out for a way to head deeper into the ship or for a computer terminal.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 29, 2014, 11:55:50 am »

Team Ё, emergency engineering - Anton Chernozorov

Well, you could make it more rapid response by having it already flying, ready to go at any time. But that would been stripping armor to hold more fuel, same as it would be for more engines. Then again, armor doesn't mean much against a larger ship that could put a laser straight through you regardless.

Let it be, then. Load the Cross with some repair and medical supplies if any are on hand, and have it moved out of the 'shops.

Return to the command center, set up a command interface for the ships. Have all four of our space-capable ships take off. Tweedledee and Tweedledum will screen for the Southern Cross, the Black Death will stay further back so it can rush in when the defenders are tracking and engaging other ships. Have the whole formation up in the sky, and wait for external bombardment of the fleet to begin. Don't want to fly in too quickly, after all.

Assess the movements of the fleet. Did any of the non-boarded ships react to our attack in any way yet?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 29, 2014, 12:06:18 pm »

Team E - Magilla
Calibrate my equipment while Bishop is getting the cutters, then follow him. Keep an eye out for computer terminals, passageways that lead further into the ship and bananas.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 29, 2014, 03:04:27 pm »

Team B "Wild Weasels" - CO Simus

Down the blue path it is, with an eye out for any maps.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 29, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »

Team F
Oh boy, strange weapons? Seems like a fine time to find cover.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 109