Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 210994 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #885 on: April 02, 2014, 02:50:44 pm »

Team B

Ahahaha! I promise not to tell anyone about this, for an extra token.

Try to pry Simus off the door using my pickaxe.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 02, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »

((Syyyyyyyyyyymus))

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

"Forward, brothers!  To the bridge!"

As Lars heads down the green hallway, he responds to General Miyamoto's message.  "General, Brother Lars of Team F.  We are all well and proceeding to plan- no backup is required, for we have the divine will of the gods at our backs!"

Continue straight thuggin' down the green-line hallway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 02, 2014, 03:02:29 pm »

Team B: Wild Weasels

"Our glorious leader everyone. Let's get you down now, unless you wanna hang around a bit more."

Assist in getting Simus down from her perch.

((Didn't have an action Xan.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 02, 2014, 03:12:30 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

(( Think PW will let us retcon back? :P ))

Rocket after them with EMM active, aim to stop the cart and remove their helmets.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #889 on: April 02, 2014, 03:53:07 pm »

Team A
Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

(( Think PW will let us retcon back? :P ))

Rocket after them with EMM active, aim to stop the cart and remove their helmets.
((The problem is I never asked for it to be retconned, I said only do it if the MK2 looked like their suits. Anyway...))

Keep shouting to them to stop or I'll shoot. Grab Skylar and hitch a ride on him to them. Aid in removal of helmets and restraining. If they try to run/drive away, fire a warning shot (tell them it's a warning shot). If it looks like they're gonna escape, shoot their vehicle. If I have no other choice, shoot to disable.

The way I imagined it was that I was standing in the hallway, pointing my gun at them and I had already said something absurd and funny ("STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!") so I could start running towards them while saying something equally absurd and funny ("I'm a time traveler.") that could potentially distract them with a good roll while I closed the distance.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:26:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 02, 2014, 04:14:11 pm »

Team F

Lead the way.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 02, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »

Auron team C.

continue following the coloured line to the bridge repeating decompression procedure as necessary.
If no line is found, try the door at the far of the hall opposite us.

If any UWM personell pop out, poke them in the liver with my reiterpallasch at great velocity.
If any UWM defence systems pop out, poke them in the everything with beams from my laser rifle.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:15:32 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 02, 2014, 05:17:56 pm »

Team F, Dominika Novak
Continue plan coward-hide-in-back-of-group.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 02, 2014, 06:15:31 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

Huh. Well that's effective

Use standard ARM procedure and loot the bodies! Then keep following Milno,and holding onto him when needed.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 02, 2014, 06:18:46 pm »

Team E(eediot) Lerman

See if I can't repair any of the damage. Cutting torch the door should the alarm go off. If all goes to plan, shoot and burn any enemies.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:44:45 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 02, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

Milno keeps the rifle he got from the guard before shifting his gaze downwards to take a look at the people he knocked out for a sign of anything that could be of assistance. "All fine here so far. Ask the other teams in the ship." is his answer to Miyamoto's message.

Quickly check the guard and the other two crewmen for anything useful. Cards, weapons, the whole thing. Then look around to see if there are any helpful signs around indicating the way to the bridge. Just use Steve's directions in case all else fails.

In case the path towards the bridge is found, proceed as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 03, 2014, 12:57:04 am »

Team C: Thomas: Audaxes!
"Check the ship's cafeteria. I bet you could find something to make yourself a lasagna in there, easy... The Sword, not this one. Not the time for lasagna, to be honest."

Thomas kept up the small talk with the newbie. Not what they usually did, but it was better than just letting him stew in the silence. This was much more intense of a mission than his first one, and who knew what could be going through the new guys head.

Onwards! Follow Aurons plan. Give Angel the gauss rifle, assuming he doesn't have any equipment above a laser rifle.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 03, 2014, 05:00:39 am »

Team Expendable/Magilla
Wait for the others to finish what they're doing, punch the door with my Kinetic Ampplifier should they fail.
If they suceed, follow them, shooting any enemies we see with my Laser Rifle.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 03, 2014, 11:10:39 am »

Team I'm not sure what, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

Team Щ, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"The fleet is... moving off? Steve, how are the boarding teams doing? We are going to want to move fast, before we lose the distraction that the planetary guns provide. Maybe we could cripple the engines of some of the ships? Or their weapons? Their life support? Steve, do you have any schematics for the UWM ships? We don't exactly have a massive strike force here, so we're going to have to get surgical."

Converse with Steve. Spend some time looking over data and brainstorming the most safe and effective attack trajectory that will allow our meager "fleet" to inflict some meaningful damage while staying reasonably intact. Look at which teams have fared the worst so far, and try to make the trajectory such that the Southern Cross will be able to park itself reasonably near their location to allow evacuation of the killed, disabled, and critically wounded. Only do planning and preparation this turn.
Missed my action last time.

((I don't know if I even need to assign myself a team here, because Anton's technically not doing any boarding, but he's still participating in the event via the ships, so...))

Use the attack trajectory established previously to launch the ship formation into an attack run. Unless Steve advises otherwise, focus on disabling rather than crippling the target ship(s) - a ship with engines beyond repair or a busted powerplant is a meteorite waiting to happen, and we don't want that. Make sure to have the Southern Cross help with evacuating any teammates that need it, and remember that it's got those fusion missiles installed, so use them as necessary.

edit: And of course, if Steve deems it unnecessary at this time, hold off the attack until we have more of an advantage with one or two UWM ships captured.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:59:33 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 03, 2014, 12:41:45 pm »

Team G

Carefully, follow the lines right.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 109