Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211005 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #945 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:33 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"Camera's down. We'll have to wait for the lift." Milno says, nodding to Thaddeus and gesturing an "all-clear", though he can't shake off the feeling that lifts are the kind of place intruders have one of the highest chances of being screwed over; good thing he got that camera disabled. He glances at the display screen and takes position in front of the door before once again talking to Steve. "How's the closest team doing?"

Talk to Steve. Wait for the lift. If shit suddenly happens, activate EMM and react appropriately.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 04, 2014, 06:20:44 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Take point while moving towards the bridge. Should enemies be encountered respond at melee range with my monoatomic sword and at range with my combi-rifle (Using gauss ammo first). Should we aquire a vehicle, hop on that. Also, try not to friendly-fire Auron. That would just be impolite.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:56:40 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #947 on: April 04, 2014, 07:27:00 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier

Give Skylar this suit's UUID (or whatever ID they use to communicate) so that he can give it to Steve and so that he can text me.
Also see if the radio has a list of presets. Is there anything interesting there?
See if I could add Steve's radio frequency to that list (unless it's impossible/unnecessary).

Check around in the surrounding rooms for anything of interest/value. The most important thing I'm looking for is anything I could use to hide Skylar while he lays in the back. Plastic covers, a big box, many small boxes, piles of wires, whatever.

Do I know who this suit is supposed to belong to? Was there any name on the ID? Or are these suits not personal but just handed out?
Just need to know so that I can lie a bit more convincingly. Otherwise, I can always give a fake name.

Ask Steve/check the map to see where we are in relation to the central control room/bridge. Is it just a straight line from here or do we have to change levels?
Does the map/Steve show any good targets of opportunity around here? Power plants, security stations, communication arrays, important maintenance areas, servers, anything?
Is there some sort of secondary hallway, maintenance hallway or something similar visible we could go through that would lessen our chances of running into security people?

Use the maintenance frequency in conjunction with the map to search for anything I could use to help me lie. Are there any requests for maintenance personnel near the front of the ship? Any weapons or other systems that could potentially malfunction or need maintenance?

Well, if you can't cover me, want to claim prisoner transport? Found an unconscious guy in a suit, bringing him somewhere? Oh, hang on... ah, a map. Sods came through for us. Shall we see what's in our way?
"Ehhh... it's a long shot. We're stretching it as it is. I doubt they'd let me take you past the first checkpoint we run into. I'm certain they'd want their security handling their prisoners, not their janitors. Unless I give them some grade A bullshit.
If I manage to hide you, you can keep your MK3 and I can maybe lie my way through a few checkpoints.
But you're right, better check the map."

EDIT: "Any good ideas for what to say if they ask us why we're heading towards the front of the ship? I was thinking about saying something along the lines of 'They requested extra men near all critical ship infrastructure'. That sound good?"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:50:05 am by Parisbre56 »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 04, 2014, 08:45:23 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

...the fuck did your hand just do to the door? Huh. Whatever you say boss.

Wait for the lift with Milno. Turn the dials that Milno conveniently pointed out to Thaddeus to turn the laser rifle into a laser shotgun. If shit happens, pop off a shot at the attackers, then dive to the side of the elevator to try and avoid getting shot/stabbed/etc. If Milno is in the line of fire, for the love of God don't fire, just get out of the way so the professional can do his job.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:47:29 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 05, 2014, 12:17:32 am »

"Ehhh... it's a long shot. We're stretching it as it is. I doubt they'd let me take you past the first checkpoint we run into. I'm certain they'd want their security handling their prisoners, not their janitors. Unless I give them some grade A bullshit.
If I manage to hide you, you can keep your MK3 and I can maybe lie my way through a few checkpoints.

EDIT: "Any good ideas for what to say if they ask us why we're heading towards the front of the ship? I was thinking about saying something along the lines of 'They requested extra men near all critical ship infrastructure'. That sound good?"

Will depend on the map. Might be there's something in the right direction that you would credibly have been told to take an unconscious prisoner to, or the closest lateral lift might be in this direction. An infirmary or security post, maybe? It's a long shot, but if we're going to try and bluff at all, I either need to follow out of sight or appear unconscious on the tram. Might be all we run into is automated defenses that won't glance twice at the right uniform and a keycard.

We could always just go loud. The other team should be nearby, we could get as close as we can to them, then just charge the remaining defenses.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 05, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

With the ships poised to attack and waiting for the right moment, and his old Kappa team command seat firmly occupied by another person, Anton takes the opportunity for a few minutes of downtime, and takes out his datapad.

Start a new program project based on the components of the advanced drone OS that don't involve actually flying the drone - the optical object recognition, parallax distance estimation, and LOS extension by relative coordinates programs. The new program must be able to take readings from multiple sources that transmit their relative coordinates, estimate the relative position and distance of the chosen targets, and correlate object databases between its instances running in parallel in different places. Then make it able to take readings from multiple cameras at each source.
In effect, it should be able to, given a target object with known shape, immediately recognize it when it comes into view of any cameras mounted at any source point, and have an estimate of its position and distance made known at all of those points, using relative position data and estimated target position. So that if several people have helmets with 360-degree camera coverage, and one person picks a target, then when that target comes into view of any of those people, all of them are made aware of what direction it's in and approximately how far it is.
Save any progress made on the program under "Reactive Identification of Noticed Nonspecific Entities via General Awareness Network" - codename "RINNEGAN".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 05, 2014, 04:44:19 pm »

Angel/MGAXT-85674/FR: Team C Audax

No keep the rifle, ripping out all my augments did a number on my musculature, I'll need to spend time to rebuild and heal once this mission is over

Take up rear-point, keep an eye out for anything coming up from behind and be ready to engage if necessary

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 05, 2014, 05:11:06 pm »

Team E
Follow the others and go to the bridge. Fire my rifle at enemies if I see them, and take cover if there's more of them than us. If they get close enough, punch them with my Kinetic Amplifier.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 05, 2014, 06:47:49 pm »

TEAM G
fix elevator
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 07, 2014, 03:18:47 am »

Team C: Audaxes: Thomas
"Goddamnit."
Thomas muttered under his breath. Now he had a gauss rifle and nothing to do with it but carry it around.
Continue onwards, carefully.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #955 on: April 07, 2014, 03:11:07 pm »

TEAM A
Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar Support

(( I think you'll find that my post was indeed labeled... a half hour before your post :P (thanks Toaster) ))

Well, if you can't cover me, want to claim prisoner transport? Found an unconscious guy in a suit, bringing him somewhere? Oh, hang on... ah, a map. Sods came through for us. Shall we see what's in our way?

Check the map, see what's between us and the bridge. Also, get an update from Steve on Team D's position, see what's between us and them as well.

Take the extra keycard and lay down in the back and go limp in the back for now.

Give Skylar this suit's UUID (or whatever ID they use to communicate) so that he can give it to Steve and so that he can text me.
Also see if the radio has a list of presets. Is there anything interesting there?
See if I could add Steve's radio frequency to that list (unless it's impossible/unnecessary).

Check around in the surrounding rooms for anything of interest/value. The most important thing I'm looking for is anything I could use to hide Skylar while he lays in the back. Plastic covers, a big box, many small boxes, piles of wires, whatever.

Do I know who this suit is supposed to belong to? Was there any name on the ID? Or are these suits not personal but just handed out?
Just need to know so that I can lie a bit more convincingly. Otherwise, I can always give a fake name.

Ask Steve/check the map to see where we are in relation to the central control room/bridge. Is it just a straight line from here or do we have to change levels?
Does the map/Steve show any good targets of opportunity around here? Power plants, security stations, communication arrays, important maintenance areas, servers, anything?
Is there some sort of secondary hallway, maintenance hallway or something similar visible we could go through that would lessen our chances of running into security people?

Use the maintenance frequency in conjunction with the map to search for anything I could use to help me lie. Are there any requests for maintenance personnel near the front of the ship? Any weapons or other systems that could potentially malfunction or need maintenance?

Kri:
Between you and the cockpit isn't a whole lot, a couple of floors you can bypass in an elevator, but then the one hallway that leads to the control room itself has a lot of these "Warning, security precautions active" signs. Seems like, with the lack of crew and defenses, they've pulled back and holed themselves up in the last corridor. Hm. What was this group of repairmen doing out here then? Maybe they didn't get the memo.

Team D is along your way; actually they're near the elevator it looks like.

You take the keycard and flop down in the back, doing your best ragdoll impression.

Flint:
The radio presets are "All" "Maintenance" and "Funky". All appears to be an open frequency for all the people on the ship. Maintenance is a narrower range, probably just picks up Maintenance. Funky is music. Specifically this is playing. Huh...It seems that Funky was the station they has the radio turned to when you ambushed them.

You add steve to the presets. If you think thats a good idea. I mean, heaven forbid they kill you and check your radio and have an unencrypted broadcast of steve to just listen in on.

"Many small boxes"

I don't think skylars work if you disassemble them. As per things to hide a skylar, there is a big box in the room you stashed the knocked out men. It's full of crap but you could empty it.

The only identifying marks on the suit itself are a number across the left side of the chest. However, the keycards themselves have names and pictures on them.

Handled in the above post. Also, remember that we're trying to take over this ship and use it, not cripple it. Attacking sensitive areas is probably a poor idea.

There aren't any calls that you hear, besides an automated one that repeats every few minutes. It's a general recall of all personnel to the "Critical level".

TEAM B

Team B - Resident Katana Mantis

All right. You will have to do that, however, I know nothing of machinery.

Speaking of katanas, unsheath mine. Try it figure out what skill it would use. Uncon?
Unless it's modified, it uses dex and str.

Team B: Wild Weasels

"I'll go look for a way to seal off that other door, or failing to find one, force it closed."

Head back to the maintenance door we entered through, and see if I can find a way to get it closed. Failing that, look for a manual override, and failing that, charge brain for a mental override next turn.

((Melee weapons use uncon, yes.))
Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus

I'm coming with you, Morul. Failing being able to close it normally, some rather... forceful manual overrides might be possible. I have the tools we might need, anyways.

Go with Morul, assist in his closing the door, except in space-magiky ways. Back off for those.

((You know, I think we're pretty much the only team so far to be completely untroubled.

We've also probably made the least progress.))

You close the door. It won't prevent all the decompression effects, but it will at least minimize them. Damn you space and your cold...vacuum...ness. Is there an adjective form for Vacuum?

TEAM C

Auron team c.

check sods for useful objects, go back and seal the last door behind us.
Check to see if those floor tracks are for vehicles, resume following bridge line, possibly in a vehicle.

If more sods are found laser them with great prejudice, unless they pop out in melee range in which case them with a shield bash then stab them in the face with my reiterpallasch.

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Take point while moving towards the bridge. Should enemies be encountered respond at melee range with my monoatomic sword and at range with my combi-rifle (Using gauss ammo first). Should we aquire a vehicle, hop on that. Also, try not to friendly-fire Auron. That would just be impolite.

One of them has a keycard, thats about it. Everything else melted, as usual.  Seal via mechanical force or programming?

The tracks appear to be for a vehicle, or more specifically for some sort of tram system. Unfortunately there's no sign of it right now, although there is a panel near the tracks that might call it. Also, the line points to the tracks before continuing on down the hall; maybe both the on foot way and track way lead to the same end?

Angel/MGAXT-85674/FR: Team C Audax

No keep the rifle, ripping out all my augments did a number on my musculature, I'll need to spend time to rebuild and heal once this mission is over

Take up rear-point, keep an eye out for anything coming up from behind and be ready to engage if necessary
You keep a close eye on your rear and prepare to engage anyone who would attempt to penetrate your defenses in a surprising manner.

Team C: Audaxes: Thomas
"Goddamnit."
Thomas muttered under his breath. Now he had a gauss rifle and nothing to do with it but carry it around.
Continue onwards, carefully.
I'm not sure if your teammates are gonna wanna fuck around with the tram, so...we wait for now.

TEAM D

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"Camera's down. We'll have to wait for the lift." Milno says, nodding to Thaddeus and gesturing an "all-clear", though he can't shake off the feeling that lifts are the kind of place intruders have one of the highest chances of being screwed over; good thing he got that camera disabled. He glances at the display screen and takes position in front of the door before once again talking to Steve. "How's the closest team doing?"

Talk to Steve. Wait for the lift. If shit suddenly happens, activate EMM and react appropriately.

>They're being very cautious and trying to hatch some sort of master plan, I think. But they're not far from you.

The lift arrives with a ding. It's empty. Huh, well, thats nice.

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

...the fuck did your hand just do to the door? Huh. Whatever you say boss.

Wait for the lift with Milno. Turn the dials that Milno conveniently pointed out to Thaddeus to turn the laser rifle into a laser shotgun. If shit happens, pop off a shot at the attackers, then dive to the side of the elevator to try and avoid getting shot/stabbed/etc. If Milno is in the line of fire, for the love of God don't fire, just get out of the way so the professional can do his job.
Laser shotgun set. "Don't shoot milno" protocol set.

TEAM E

Team E(xceedingly lucky or just screwed?)

As soon as the decompression has stopped pulling, Bishop leaps to his feet.

"Now's our chance! If anyone on this tub was suited up, then that would have caught their attention like nothing else! Run you bitches, RUUUUUUN!!!"

Haul ass to the bridge! Make sure to check my corners for sods and suited guys and don't forget to provide covering fire the guys if we run into anyone. Keep an eye out for a computer console for Steve on the way!
Team E - Lerman

Haul ass to the bridge. Check corners, take cover if in a firefight, yadayadayada.

((Zero gravity shootin!))
Team E
Follow the others and go to the bridge. Fire my rifle at enemies if I see them, and take cover if there's more of them than us. If they get close enough, punch them with my Kinetic Amplifier.

Alright, I'm just gonna skip you ahead here for a while...walk through empty corridors, bypass corpses, etc etc.  Basically, the next place you're gonna have to worry about is this big blast door you come across, following the signs toward the control room. It's locked, surprise, and none of the cards you've looted from corpses or any sort of secret knocks or shouting seems to open it.

TEAM F

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

((So basically it cuts through here.  Gotcha.))

Brother Lars pats Grate on the head.  If he wasn't wearing a suit, he would have ruffled his hair.  "See, young Grate?  Prayer solves all.  We shall find another way around!

Head back to the hallway with the ex-turret and the sign just past, and figure out what Blue and Red lead to.  See if any other passages are identified.

Also keep an eye out for any access terminals that look convenient and accessible.

"For what reason?  We don't know if we'll be coming back through or going around."
Team F

"Point."

Follow lars.

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Roll eyes at but follow Lars.

You follow the paths down a bit until you find another sign.

Blue seems to lead to electrical, Red to weapons systems.

TEAM G

TEAM G
fix elevator

How? Mechanically, via the control pad, what? I gotta know what to fuck up when you fail.

TEAM H

Team H, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

With the ships poised to attack and waiting for the right moment, and his old Kappa team command seat firmly occupied by another person, Anton takes the opportunity for a few minutes of downtime, and takes out his datapad.

Start a new program project based on the components of the advanced drone OS that don't involve actually flying the drone - the optical object recognition, parallax distance estimation, and LOS extension by relative coordinates programs. The new program must be able to take readings from multiple sources that transmit their relative coordinates, estimate the relative position and distance of the chosen targets, and correlate object databases between its instances running in parallel in different places. Then make it able to take readings from multiple cameras at each source.
In effect, it should be able to, given a target object with known shape, immediately recognize it when it comes into view of any cameras mounted at any source point, and have an estimate of its position and distance made known at all of those points, using relative position data and estimated target position. So that if several people have helmets with 360-degree camera coverage, and one person picks a target, then when that target comes into view of any of those people, all of them are made aware of what direction it's in and approximately how far it is.
Save any progress made on the program under "Reactive Identification of Noticed Nonspecific Entities via General Awareness Network" - codename "RINNEGAN".

...is dat a freaking naruto reference.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 07, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »

Team E / Magilla
Magilla mad. MAGILLA USE KINETIC AMPLIFIER TO SMASH PUNY DOOR OPEN

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 07, 2014, 03:24:03 pm »

Lars frowns at the sign.

"Clearly we should just go up the hallway next to the bridge one.  It should take us around the obstruction!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 07, 2014, 03:27:33 pm »

Team B - Remembering that Doc said no vacuum

Wait a minute, we're being exposed to the cold of space, aren't we? That's bad for me.

Follow team and charge a dynamic exo thing while I wait for them to open the door.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:00:40 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #959 on: April 07, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »

"Many small boxes"

I don't think skylars work if you disassemble them. As per things to hide a skylar, there is a big box in the room you stashed the knocked out men. It's full of crap but you could empty it.
((Hahaha! Oh, that had me laughing out loud for a while.
No, I meant use the boxes to build a small wall/fort around him and hide him in there. Like lego.

Also, nice music.

Oh, and attacking other parts of the ship would make sense if we could somehow disable/take over the Control room's security from there.))

Unless Skylar disagrees, load the box on the vehicle (after emptying it), stuff him in the box (make sure it can open from the inside) and start driving towards the nearest elevator.

If Skylar doesn't want to get in the box, load it on the vehicle anyway and start driving towards the elevator. Make sure Skylar stays a small distance behind me so that I can warn him about anything dangerous up ahead.

Send a wristpad message to alert the other team to the fact that we are approaching and that I am disguised. Attempt to use the elevator to get to them.

Listen to the "All" frequency for anything of interest.

Rehearse a good story about why I'm here and why we want to enter the control room.
Generally prepare a good lie (or the truth, that I was listening to funky music and didn't listen to the alert).
Something to give a speech dynamic bonus.

I'm assuming that if something dangerous/interesting comes up you will pause, so I give no conditional actions.

"Say what you will about those UWM techs, but the sure play some nice music on their radio."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:35:42 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 109