Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211016 times)

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1380 on: April 30, 2014, 03:33:18 pm »

Angel: Team C

Quickly move to lock down the bridge doors again before anybody decides to come and see what the shouting is about, disarm bridge crew and get them up against a wall with no important controls within reach, wait for further orders

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 30, 2014, 03:42:55 pm »

Team A - Ship Alpha | Skylar - Support

You need the MK III's power for this, or would Thaddeus's spare MK I work just as well?

If the spare MK I will work with minimal downsides, go grab that and hook it in for Steve.

Otherwise, swap into the spare MK I and let the work commence.

If I have time this turn, look around for a console that controls the automated security or that controls the doors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 30, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »

Team A+D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - D Leader - Ship Alpha - Bridge

"Steve, how badly did Team Sod (H) fuck up?" Milno asks as he checks the screens.

Talk to Steve. Lock the bridge's door.

In case the missing sods or any hostiles appear, activate EMM and enter killing mode.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:52:26 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 30, 2014, 04:03:09 pm »

((This is why you cook the grenades.))

Team E - Lerman

Get into cover. If that fails, perform strategic maneuvers.

"Run away, run away!"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1384 on: April 30, 2014, 04:11:35 pm »

Team A

Set up some claymores in the hallway, no more than four. Hide them under the bodies of sods. Warn teammates about the fact that the corridor is mined.

"Can someone check what other important areas are in this ship, in case we need to go defend them?"

((Well, at least you didn't have me do anything sexual to them or strip them of their flesh so I could get their implants, so that's something. I didn't get fully possessed. :P

Oh, and all the stuff are going to Miyamoto. I don't know if he wants to sell them for tokens to give as payment or hand them out to newbies, but I have no use for them.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:15:33 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 30, 2014, 04:29:33 pm »

Team F

"Call dibs on the loot of my kills. And Lars, permission to loot your kills too?"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:21:28 am by Tavik Toth »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 30, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

Team B - Well Behaved Space Mantis

Fine, I'll tie them up.

Put all the people in one corner of the room and try to tie them together using any rope or such anywhere. Failing that, just stack them in the corners.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 30, 2014, 05:05:21 pm »

Auron, team C.

Make sure all of the bridge crew are incapacitated and all side arms are in my pack.

Head over to the consoles and set up a remote data link to steve.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 30, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »

Hasala Nabin - Team HSod Controller

"Steve, how badly did Team Sod (H) fuck up?" Milno asks as he checks the screens.

((I'm assuming you broadcast this on ARM's (lowercase-g) general channel, and Hasala can thus hear it. Ignore if Milno uses a private channel or something.))

"I gambled on... Sod... control codes and lost. Would you be angry if it had worked?"

"I assume you guys captured the bridge already? Guess all that leaves for me is rogue soldier-hunting."

Check the map for the vital and/or explosion-capable areas of the ship. Which ones are nearby to my Sod squad and are close to the last known location of a UWM Sod squad? Leave the Support Sod here to watch the cameras in case any UWM Sods show up on them, while the other three set out for one of the vital areas. Weapons systems, preferably, if there's a choice.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 30, 2014, 07:24:49 pm »

"Renen I will require assistance in order to command this craft, please ensure they understand that hampering this effort would be dire in consequence"
TEAM G
begin learning controls of the ship from crewmen / reading through manuals / using logic i.e. charge dynamic aux
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 30, 2014, 07:37:39 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Sigh at Lars's lethality of his methods.

"Sir, next time please try not to kill people with such useful data as how to fly the shooty* ship. It would make things easier for us."
Grate then turns to Jack.
"Some of us have more important things than material gain on our minds, like the army rebellion we're trying to spearhead, but I'm pretty sure that the loot is supposed to be divided equally among all teammates at the end of the mission."

Contact Steve and give a report. More importantly, ask for pointers on how to control the ship with three people, two of whom are of questionable competence.
Begin trying to figure out how to control the ship, with both Steve's help and what I can intuit from examining the controls and maybe doing some tests unlikely to damage the ship or burn half our fuel or something bad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 30, 2014, 09:44:26 pm »

Team E

"Run where? We're on a space ship, you ass, there's nowhere to run to! We will take this room dammit! Get ready to fire!"

Try again with another flashbang. This time, cook it a few seconds before throwing it, and when it blows, use suppressing fire on the whole room. Don't let my teammate chicken out and keep him shooting at the enemy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 30, 2014, 09:46:32 pm »

((I forsee a fancy red sash in Bishop's future.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 30, 2014, 10:40:47 pm »

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain

((I take it the civvie body armor didn't stop their rounds?))

Lars sat down and looked at the result of his carnage.  Unfortunate, but effective; the bridge was secure.  At least his suit was handling painkillers, because the adrenaline was wearing off.

"Call dibs on the loot of my kills. And Lars, permission to loot your kills too?"

"Brother Jack, hand me a loaded weapon and I will not care about the rest.  Even with the blessings of Ingram and Algis, we must ever remain on our guard."

"Sir, next time please try not to kill people with such useful data as how to fly the shooty* ship. It would make things easier for us."
Grate then turns to Jack.

Lars laughs at this.  "Young Brother Grate, who needs data when you have the gods on your side?  Us four took control of the bridge of the ship without anyone dying because of our faith in the divine."

Don't die.  Hope Jack loots me a nice weapon- the shard launcher will do otherwise.  Keep an eye out for anyone assaulting the bridge.  Pray for Grate's success.

"O Algis, thank you for shielding me from further harm.  Ingram, God of Guns, I praise your name with every bullet I fire.  May my work be pleasing to you.  Steve, may your light shine on us all..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 30, 2014, 10:45:43 pm »

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Happily hand over my spare Mk.I to be used. After that, stand watch over the blast door in case rogue sods come a knockin'.

Radio Steve: So, big boss, I know we asked you this already, but are you sure there aren't any other ways into this room? No crawl spaces or such?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 109