Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 370359 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Banter and out of game questions thread
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:31 am »

"The words of some Djinn are like milk and honey to the ears..."

"Inappropriate for vegans?"
I chuckled. 

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2014, 09:41:19 am »

Put a link here when you put up the thread.

Anyone else play Liberal Crime Squad?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2014, 10:57:42 am »

Necromancer:  Tell me the best way to track one down and I'll try to settle nearby.

Make an adventurer and spam questions about the location. Also, custom-get your world to be extra dangerous (lairs/towers everywhere, lots of megabeasts, etc) to make it easier to find various features.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2014, 12:26:45 pm »

Will do.  I subbed in to CYOM, which may torpedo my effort to get it started today.

In the past, though I haven't played it in a while.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:55 pm »

I am currently interested in the progress of said succession fort. I'll try to keep myself updated when it starts!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

Find one of the purple I's on the world map.  Generate a large world with at least 100 year history to reliably have some.  Then settle on the same world space as the tower symbol is on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2014, 06:18:31 pm »

Find one of the purple I's on the world map.  Generate a large world with at least 100 year history to reliably have some.  Then settle on the same world space as the tower symbol is on.
^
Usually it takes time for 'developed' structures such as Tombs and Necro-towers to spawn, just as cities and towns spawn :D
In which I am now unsure whether a city or town is needed for higher quality goods. Though given your PM with me, Toaster, I LIKE your idea, however I also would like to mention the existence of backstory >:3

Say, Dwarven politics.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2014, 07:59:25 pm »

I played it, it's fun.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:51 pm »

In which I am now unsure whether a city or town is needed for higher quality goods. Though given your PM with me, Toaster, I LIKE your idea, however I also would like to mention the existence of backstory >:3

I'm not much of a creative writer, so I may send a PM your way...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2014, 01:21:56 am »

Since no one else is offering, I guess I can run the Mafia DF Succession Game.  I'll open a thread tomorrowish, but I'm thinking the following things:

Vanilla DF
High savagery but not evil
Goblin access
Water access

That way there's threats from without (but not omgwe'reallgonnadie), but those RP inclined can make threats from within.  I'll probably make the embark 3x3 so it doesn't get as PC intensive.

If you have any input, now's the time (especially if it relates to embark.)

I'm fond of permanently frozen areas because making engravable ice sculptures and castles is cool. I also like picking aquifers because infinite water with scalable output is also cool.

I also like planning my fortress without regard to terrain and end up trying to carve large rooms in an aquifer sandstone layer.

I haven't played Dwarf Fortress in a really long time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2014, 08:11:56 am »

I haven't played Dwarf Fortress in a really long time.

Sounds like someone needs a turn!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2014, 09:18:03 am »

I'm fond of permanently frozen areas because making engravable ice sculptures and castles is cool.
O_O
Indeed! Despite the low value of Ice, Ice is technically a rock. And as of any recent patch, rocks, when made into any construct by dwarves (even ice walls) are immune to ANY environmental effect. :D

Though the price does make it less of a niceness to create a legendary dining hall, for example.
Mmm. Also Aquifer-water areas are usually in deciduous forests; we can easily get best of both worlds by spawning on a waterfall area and just dig out an aquifer layer. :P

Though on that note, a Temperate climate (partial freeze) is best. Warm climates = no freeze. Ever.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2014, 12:15:11 pm »

Worldgen notes:  Large world, high savagery, everything else medium/default.  Considered setting minerals to Rare instead of the default Sparse to give more reasons for squabbling, but decided against it to allow for more metal-based megaprojects.

I think I found us a backstory.

I'll put the thread up somewhere between embark and end of spring, inclusive, and try to update seasonally.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2014, 12:18:30 pm »

Well fuck. Jimbot army ain't got shit on this guy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2014, 12:58:57 pm »

Also, should the thread go here or Community Games?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 193