Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 673100 times)

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.
« Reply #2535 on: January 26, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »

BLIZZARD
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: January 26, 2015, 06:26:03 pm »

I think I'm going to have to be honest here. Writing up a full and proper ending to Demongate is taking up a lot more time than I actually have available at the moment, and I suspect Rhaken is in a similar situation. I can keep working on it when I have the time, but with the amount of things left to tie together, it could take a few months to get anything reasonably finished. There's little point in bumping the thread until then, though.

For some less unhappy discussion, I was thinking of getting the successor fortress up and running after the next update (the taverns and temples one). If anyone is would be interested, that'd be nice.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 26, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »

I'd be interested in the successor.
It sounds like a party.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: January 28, 2015, 12:20:29 am »

Yes. Successor please.

In other news: holy shit this wall of text keeps growing. I've finished all but two scenes, one of them essential to the whole thing. No idea when it will be up. I have been tossed a steaming heap of unrepentant bullshit to work on for the next few weeks, but it shouldn't cut too heavily into my time. At least it had damn well fucking better not.

Regarding the ending of Demongate. We've worked out how to involve many of the named characters of the place into the ending in one way or another. Here there be a list; let me know if I miss anyone. Also feel free to ask questions about your character's role in the end. I may not give out major spoilers, and I may not give in to your exact demands regarding their participation, but your opinions do matter. (Y'know. Even when I don't listen.)

Named Dwarves Included in the Ending
Thane
Brenzen
Cornelius
Tarmid
Thanatos
Flame
FallenAngel
Danman
Torvald
Beef

Dwarves We Have No Fucking Clue How to Include In The Ending
FractalEntity
Mathilde
Zaerosz
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: January 28, 2015, 11:56:12 am »

Woooot I am still alive!!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 28, 2015, 12:26:12 pm »

Woohoo, my story can be made to make some sense!

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 28, 2015, 12:53:36 pm »

Yes. Successor please.

In other news: holy shit this wall of text keeps growing. I've finished all but two scenes, one of them essential to the whole thing. No idea when it will be up. I have been tossed a steaming heap of unrepentant bullshit to work on for the next few weeks, but it shouldn't cut too heavily into my time. At least it had damn well fucking better not.

Regarding the ending of Demongate. We've worked out how to involve many of the named characters of the place into the ending in one way or another. Here there be a list; let me know if I miss anyone. Also feel free to ask questions about your character's role in the end. I may not give out major spoilers, and I may not give in to your exact demands regarding their participation, but your opinions do matter. (Y'know. Even when I don't listen.)

Named Dwarves Included in the Ending
Thane
Brenzen
Cornelius
Tarmid
Thanatos
Flame
FallenAngel
Danman
Torvald
Beef

Dwarves We Have No Fucking Clue How to Include In The Ending
FractalEntity
Mathilde
Zaerosz

If my character gets killed off, he'll just flip the universe the bird and bugger off to somewhere nicer.  If he survives, he'll try to fight off maskdwarf...which could go either way.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 28, 2015, 01:22:32 pm »

If my character gets killed off, he'll just flip the universe the bird and bugger off to somewhere nicer.  If he survives, he'll try to fight off maskdwarf...which could go either way.
If FallenAngel gets killed off, he's try to possess the masked dwarf. If that fails, he'd take control of some random dwarf, take his brother, and go someplace nicer as well. Probably a human hamlet. Or the caldera of a volcano. All viable options.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 28, 2015, 03:14:15 pm »

The masked dwarf is all, like, dead and stuff. There's not much point in trying to possess her.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 28, 2015, 04:20:51 pm »

The masked dwarf is all, like, dead and stuff. There's not much point in trying to possess her.
More like...FallenAngel is your day to day bodyjumper.    Maskdwarf has tons of demonic power backing her up. Attempting posession is a bad, bad idea, without serious, serious prep. and, well, it's a bit late to try doing that.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 28, 2015, 05:07:58 pm »

Awww yiss, I'm in the ending.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: February 07, 2015, 04:25:16 pm »

I didn't realise that the tavern update was a big one, so sequel will be starting next weekend, when I have proper internet again. Opinions on major mod/minor mod/vanilla?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: February 11, 2015, 02:29:26 am »

No preference on the matter of modding, and if you and Rhaken want help writing just shoot me a pm.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: February 12, 2015, 11:11:16 am »

I didn't realise that the tavern update was a big one, so sequel will be starting next weekend, when I have proper internet again. Opinions on major mod/minor mod/vanilla?

Vanilla master race reporting in.

Also shall we let the RNG name the fort this time?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: February 12, 2015, 11:35:27 am »

Also shall we let the RNG name the fort this time?
If by that you mean go with its first choice, no.
If by that you mean randomize it until it's cool, the  yes.
Oh, and I'm for only some modding. Don't go nuts.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172