Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087392 times)

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.08-r2
« Reply #555 on: August 26, 2014, 09:57:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Something like this should do ya for testing if df hack isn't being friendly:

edit: don't use that no good  :-[ :P  :-X
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:40:02 pm by YAHG »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #556 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:19 am »

Something like this should do ya for testing if df hack isn't being friendly:
Next time, try actually testing your sample reaction, since that reaction will not work in any version of Dwarf Fortress - in fact, attempting it in version 0.40.09 caused the game to CRASH.

Some useful excerpts from errorlog.txt:

> DRAGON_BONE_FOR_TESTING:Unrecognized Item Token: BONE
Bones have not been a distinct item type since version 0.28.181.40d, and it was BONES, not BONE. Since 0.31.01, bones use the item type CORPSEPIECE, and it is impossible for a custom reaction to produce a valid corpsepiece item.

> DRAGON_BONE_FOR_TESTING:Unrecognized Material Token: DRAGON
DRAGON:BONE is not a valid material - if you want a creature material, you have to specify CREATURE_MAT first.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 26, 2014, 11:44:24 am »

I can't seem to get DFHack to make me dragon bones. I'm trying to test out a reaction, but I don't have the needed dragon bones. I followed the steps from the wiki, create-items BONE CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE 10, but it'd just come up with another of the incredibly unhelpful how-to's of DFHack. Can I make dragon bones, or are they one of the items you can't make?
You want createitem - create-items is an entirely different script that only supports bars, boulders, plants, logs, webs, and anvils (from its documentation).
Also, I believe the first argument should be CORPSEPIECE (see http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Item_token ); however, CORPSEPIECE items aren't possible to create (in addition to CORPSE and FOOD items). I've added a note about this to the wiki.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:55:16 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 26, 2014, 03:34:46 pm »

Can I turn a creature into a different one?

Creatures/units in Dwarf Fortress consist of pretty complex data structures, for example their individual bodyplan based on race/caste definitions and whatnot else. Converting into another race will be quite complicated, if not outright impossible.

Code: [Select]
unit.enemy.normal_race=0
unit.enemy.normal_caste=0
unit.enemy.were_race=0
unit.enemy.were_caste=0

This will transform the unit into a female toad without much associated weirdness except for the whole "vermin acting like a creature" thing that is to be expected even when doing it through DF normally.

I believe my shapechange script might be included in the latest versions of DFHack as well, which allows you to transform a unit into any creature arbitrarily without much fuss.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:59 pm »

Agh... Always some problem... I guess I could switch the dragon bone to cat bones, just to see if it works. Oddly, no catsplosians since 0.40.05 for me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 26, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »

Copy the raws from dragon bones over to cats?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 26, 2014, 07:35:29 pm »

The game isn't smart enough to tell if two different items are indistinguishable, it would treat CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE and CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE as completely different.  I suppose you try throwing a reaction class onto the material and dispense with the item ID.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 26, 2014, 07:48:57 pm »

Oh, just for the test. To see if the reaction works. I'd definitely put it back to dragon bones after testing the reaction with cat bones.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 26, 2014, 10:28:42 pm »

The game isn't smart enough to tell if two different items are indistinguishable, it would treat CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE and CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE as completely different.  I suppose you try throwing a reaction class onto the material and dispense with the item ID.

Just looked at the raws. Bones aren't defined the way I thought.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 26, 2014, 10:42:03 pm »

Is there an ETA or release plan for 40.10?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 26, 2014, 10:50:49 pm »

Asking for ETAs never works.

On the bright side, 40.10 already works... somewhat, just check github forks and compile.

kebab4you

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2014, 04:56:57 am »

Asking for ETAs never works.

On the bright side, 40.10 already works... somewhat, just check github forks and compile.

There's what? 7 different branches? None which have been extremely active from what I can tell(Most recent activity on any of the branches was 11 days ago).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2014, 05:05:56 am »

The activity that updates DFHack to the new version isn't actually on the DFHack repo, it's on the df-structures repo

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:20 am »

In addition, https://github.com/quietust/dfhack/tree/develop contains the change(s) needed to compile DFHack with 0.40.09-10 at the moment.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2014, 08:52:58 am »

I think PE's looking for something stable to include in the Starter Pack, not a "user beware" version.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 360