Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1084142 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #3060 on: September 06, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »

Yeah, I might have to mod in eggs for male rocs, since what I've been trying to do is make two male rocs have children. This is way more complicated than I thought.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: September 06, 2015, 09:44:17 pm »

Yeah, I might have to mod in eggs for male rocs, since what I've been trying to do is make two male rocs have children. This is way more complicated than I thought.
Tell that to the Rocs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: September 07, 2015, 07:01:36 am »

Can't make egglayers pregnant? No proper birth given?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: September 07, 2015, 08:02:53 am »

DF doesn't have much in the way of sex-specific roles, but what it has is hard-coded.  Females give birth and carry babies; males fertilize.  Creatures that can marry will only mate with their spouse.

That said, not sure what would happen if you set the pregnancy timer on a male.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: September 07, 2015, 09:06:38 am »

DF doesn't have much in the way of sex-specific roles, but what it has is hard-coded.  Females give birth and carry babies; males fertilize.  Creatures that can marry will only mate with their spouse.

That said, not sure what would happen if you set the pregnancy timer on a male.
tested it nothing happens.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: September 07, 2015, 09:28:06 am »

I changed one's gender first, but I can't change its caste. Every time I do it transforms back into a male.

The roc is indeed pregnant, it just won't lay eggs. I think I need to do some quick modding.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: September 07, 2015, 09:48:15 am »

Try using modtools/transform-unit to change its caste to that of the opposite sex.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: September 07, 2015, 10:04:06 am »

Is that a thing? Let me check if I have it.

You're a bit late, though. I modded male rocs to lay eggs and there we go.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: September 08, 2015, 10:34:35 am »

oh  I know why you need to dive into another section of the unit data, some how the unit.caste is just the current caste state, and because how were-creatures work the game needs a check to see what was the original race/caste which allows for the switch back and changes any oddities with not being the right caste.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: September 08, 2015, 03:12:30 pm »

I did get a crash but I think it was because I had spent like an hour and a half or so doing this and had set most of a forest retreat on fire at that point... but normally it doesn't have those sort of problems.

Really simple really obvious little toy but dammit it is fun.

Code: (firestarter.lua) [Select]
tinder=dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().item
tinder.flags.on_fire=true

>.> I totally have it hotkeyed, and I'm resisting the urge to expand it to things that I know I can do like, set everything in an inventory on fire, and I'm pretty sure with a bit of fiddling you could set creatures on fire, but I like the straightforward "I want this item to be on fire now" nature of it.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: September 08, 2015, 03:31:38 pm »

>.> I totally have it hotkeyed, and I'm resisting the urge to expand it to things that I know I can do like, set everything in an inventory on fire, and I'm pretty sure with a bit of fiddling you could set creatures on fire, but I like the straightforward "I want this item to be on fire now" nature of it.

Code: [Select]
unit/body-change -unit \\UNIT_ID -token UB -temperature fire^ Sets the upper body of a creature on fire (from my scripts)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: September 08, 2015, 04:21:03 pm »

Well, adding an opponent.anon_1 counter to Roses' add_attack doesn't seem to change anything.  Hard to tell exactly because I keep getting either one-shot knock-out or the bite deflects off of the miner's hood  :o

The miner does not retaliate if a single shot deflects harmlessly.  Definitely missing an essential element of starting a fight.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

neilthrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: September 08, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »

Hey dfhackers. Is it possible to use DF hack to adjust the the wind strength on a map? My current fortress has zero wind and I stupidly built a tower and a dozen windmills on top of it. I'd like to solve this problem some how.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: September 08, 2015, 05:21:50 pm »

Well, adding an opponent.anon_1 counter to Roses' add_attack doesn't seem to change anything.  Hard to tell exactly because I keep getting either one-shot knock-out or the bite deflects off of the miner's hood  :o

The miner does not retaliate if a single shot deflects harmlessly.  Definitely missing an essential element of starting a fight.

I wonder if you could add an attack to both units with a hit chance of ~0, then when they both miss will they still want to fight?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: September 08, 2015, 08:47:01 pm »

Code: [Select]
unit/body-change -unit \\UNIT_ID -token UB -temperature fire^ Sets the upper body of a creature on fire (from my scripts)
Nice, I was sitting in a forest retreat and all the sleeping elves were boring so I pulled up the loincloth of one and flipped the on_fire flag manually then giggled forever at them setting the tree on fire.

They did it so much faster than going around igniting branches one at a time and I realized there wasn't a script to say "this item should be on fire" and now there is. I'll probably add in an inventory flag to set all the items on a unit on fire, and see if I can get a -here for everything in a square working.

Edit: Oh god...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
>.>
Code: (firestarter.lua) [Select]
local tinder
    if dfhack.gui.getCurFocus() == 'item' then
        tinder=dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().item
tinder.flags.on_fire=true
    elseif dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit(true) then
        tinder=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit(true).inventory
for k,v in ipairs(tinder) do
tinder[k].item.flags.on_fire=true
end
     elseif df.global.ui_advmode.menu==1 then
local curpos=df.global.cursor
df.global.world.fires:insert('#',{new=df.fire})
local hot = df.global.world.fires
for _,k in ipairs(hot) do
  if k.temperature==0 then
   local spot = k
k.pos.x=curpos.x
k.pos.y=curpos.y
k.pos.z=curpos.z
k.timer=1000
k.temperature=60000
end
end
end
Item by item, or entire inventory at once! Weeee!

Oh dear, now you can set an item on fire by viewing it, an inventory on fire by viewing a unit, or a location on fire by putting the cursor there.

As for the fight bit, change the target? Try to have it knock out a tooth, or strike the upper body or something?

Hmmm, initiating a grapple tends to reliably start at least a brawl when can then escalate easily enough.

I'm still playing with it a bit, though I'm wondering now if you could make it pull up the body part/attack part/confirm menu because I envy my npc companions for being able to wail on people I've knocked into the air.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:21:47 am by Max™ »
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 360