Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965446 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The Eldar have it pretty bad in the 40k universe, in fact they're shafted in an entirely special way since there's an actual chaos god after their souls after they die unless they get siphoned into a craftworld or become harlequins, while the dark eldar presumably have it even worse and have to resort to progressively more absurd and cruel methods to stave off slaanesh.

Wait. Eldar die, then become Harlequinns? I thought being a Harlequinn and anything else in that branch was just another Path.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

The Eldar have it pretty bad in the 40k universe, in fact they're shafted in an entirely special way since there's an actual chaos god after their souls after they die unless they get siphoned into a craftworld or become harlequins, while the dark eldar presumably have it even worse and have to resort to progressively more absurd and cruel methods to stave off slaanesh.

Wait. Eldar die, then become Harlequinns? I thought being a Harlequinn and anything else in that branch was just another Path.
No, s/he meant that if they become Harlequins then Ceogorach protects them, not that they become harlequins after they die.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Sorry, reading is hard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

S'alright, I know your confusion.
Sig! Onol

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

It twas a badly worded wassit.

In any case, still lamenting my idiocy in playing tabletop tzeentch.
So underpowered.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Possibly the most underpowered of the factions in 40k, despite having a god that's outright omniscient as their leader.
Somehow.
Sig! Onol

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Not As Planned.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Not As Planned.
Maybe that's what he wants you to think. Just As Planned.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do enjoy that Kyrios Fateweaver and Ahriman have ML4.
But back in 5th ed at least going Tzeench got you an extra mastery level over the rest of the chaosers. Why not less chance to perils? I'm sick of losing my Ahriman to crap like that when a farseer is dancing around giving me the finger.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But back in 5th ed at least going Tzeench got you an extra mastery level over the rest of the chaosers. Why not less chance to perils? I'm sick of losing my Ahriman to crap like that when a farseer is dancing around giving me the finger.

I'd assume it was overcompensation for the fact that Tzeentch marine armies used to have an army wide 5++ and stronger psykers, when they nerfed the save they nerfed the psyker part as well to be safe. That or they thought being able to get soul blaze on bolters would be some kind of super buff or something and double nerfed Tzeentch to keep things under control.

Or hell, maybe the writers who worked on marks hated Tzeentch.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I'd assume it was overcompensation for the fact that Tzeentch marine armies used to have an army wide 5++ and stronger psykers, when they nerfed the save they nerfed the psyker part as well to be safe. That or they thought being able to get soul blaze on bolters would be some kind of super buff or something and double nerfed Tzeentch to keep things under control.

Everyone hates Tzeentch, even people who like him, so that can't really be it, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone hates Tzeentch, even people who like him, so that can't really be it, though.

Could just be that the writers weren't great at judging how the special rules would work out balance wise, they thought Fear would be fine for a Warlord Trait after all.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fear would've been fine for a warlord trait if it wasn't for... And They Shall Know No Fear, Mob Rule, Fearless, Summary Execution - etc etc.
Can't even remember all of the various 'Makes fear and pinning obsolete' rules.

However yeah I did only just notice that 6th ed Mark of Tzeentch changes it to a 6+. Which essentially destroys it.
I mean, I want to run a fluff army. I don't care about having the most cheesy or meta list. But when I take it to GW, it's laughable.
I mean that people in the FLGS literally laugh at it. It's embarrassing.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fear would've been fine for a warlord trait if it wasn't for... And They Shall Know No Fear, Mob Rule, Fearless, Summary Execution - etc etc.
Can't even remember all of the various 'Makes fear and pinning obsolete' rules.

However yeah I did only just notice that 6th ed Mark of Tzeentch changes it to a 6+. Which essentially destroys it.
I mean, I want to run a fluff army. I don't care about having the most cheesy or meta list. But when I take it to GW, it's laughable.
I mean that people in the FLGS literally laugh at it. It's embarrassing.

You can do some fun stuff with Ahriman and Cypher in a list together, and the Fallen working with the Thousand Sons on their mutually inscrutable goals is hardly unbelievable fluffwise.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

I played a battle against a former friend once with my Ahriman model in amongst my army of Chaos Marines. He ended up holding the entire (basically coverless) right flank by himself (Well, he had an honor guard of four Chaos Marines...) against a squad of three Biker-marines, a Librarian, a Force Commander, a ten-strong squad of marines (with a Plasma Cannon), and five Assault Marines. He died but he held long enough that I broke the enemy on the other two fronts of the battle before they encircled me.

Twas epic. The friend refused to ever play against Ahriman again, because nothing says love like wiping out half a squad of Marines from outside their maximum effective range while dancing around Plasma Cannon blasts. He personally wiped the floor with two of the five Assault Marines, while his one remaining bodyguard (at that time) killed THREE of them by himself.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 824