Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971487 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2400 on: December 31, 2015, 10:51:22 pm »

This is giving me so many ideas for later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2401 on: January 01, 2016, 12:41:29 am »

So, basically...
Imperial orks?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: January 01, 2016, 01:31:55 am »

So, basically...
Imperial orks?

Yep, bearded orks with cathedrals and hymns.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: January 01, 2016, 05:33:43 am »

Orks dont build temples to gork and mork?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: January 01, 2016, 10:07:00 am »

Orks dont build temples to gork and mork?

Not really. They stick idols of them on their weapons, armour and tanks. Stompas, Morkanaughts and Gorkanaughts are akin to walking shrines.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: January 01, 2016, 01:19:51 pm »

Do prayers to emperor/ Omnissiah actually work?
What happens with soul of servitorized person?
How cult mechanicus obtains new members?
Does imperial guard have any tank aces, or grimdarkness does not allow leman russ crew to live more then 5 minutes on battlefield?
Does tau stuff have any machine spirits?
What the fuck is agressive sentient lines of code?
Ld4chAn tells about pissed off enough mechanicus setting space on fire with firewall to make it impassable for tau ships.What?
Do lasguns work against orks?
What are imperial infantry tactics?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: January 01, 2016, 01:31:12 pm »

Do prayers to emperor/ Omnissiah actually work?
Yes/maybe/no. Due to the existence of the collective warp effect, believing in a being's intercession is indistinguishable from true outside intercession. The frequency of getting a response is low, but significant.
What happens with soul of servitorized person?
It remains associated with their body. 40k soul dynamics are not quite like the classical Western ones, as long as you're still alive your soul inhabits you.
How cult mechanicus obtains new members?
Recruitment, typically from the lay populations of their Forge Worlds. I suppose it isn't impossible for two machine cultists to breed, but they generally look down on such base activities, a lot of them are chemically sterilized, and eventually their organic bodies will be so far replaced as to make them infertile anyway.
Does imperial guard have any tank aces, or grimdarkness does not allow leman russ crew to live more then 5 minutes on battlefield?
The Imperial Guard is the greatest fighting force in all the galaxy.
Does tau stuff have any machine spirits?
No, but they do have full AI.
What the fuck is agressive sentient lines of code?
Scrapcode. Essentially a computer virus imbued with Chaos, which is about as nasty as it sounds.
Ld4chAn tells about pissed off enough mechanicus setting space on fire with firewall to make it impassable for tau ships.What?
Dem nebulas, man.
Not very well. Orks are hardy and have a tendency to live through organ destruction for a while. You're better off with las than a stubber, but you'd probably want bolters to not have half-dead Orks trying to rip your face off.
It varies between regiments, but is most often some permutation of human wave tactics.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: January 01, 2016, 01:48:47 pm »

Tau have dumb AI. They don't have full AI in the traditional sense.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2408 on: January 01, 2016, 01:52:43 pm »

The Imperial Guard is the greatest fighting force in all the galaxy.
They do. Knight Commander Pask is arguably the most famous one.
Not very well. Orks are hardy and have a tendency to live through organ destruction for a while. You're better off with las than a stubber, but you'd probably want bolters to not have half-dead Orks trying to rip your face off.
Depends how you look at it. If you mean a signle flashlight, it proably doesn't do much, unless you headshoot him. But remember - with enough flashlights, you can kill ANYTHING. So, one Imperial Guardsmen might fail, but tens or even hundreds of them firing at orks... fucking wall of fire.
It varies between regiments, but is most often some permutation of human wave tactics.
Actually, most of them deal in more modern-day tactics (Cadians, as long as they're not in Cadia), with the human waves being just more prominient because, well, they're fucking GRIMDARK.
Tau have dumb AI. They don't have full AI in the traditional sense.
Unsure. I don't know much about those Xenos, but it appears that they do use actual AIs, but I can't think of a single time I've seen one acting as full AI.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: January 01, 2016, 03:01:36 pm »

If all the perspectives are Imperial, it makes sense that the AIs would act dumb.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: January 01, 2016, 05:15:41 pm »

...No, I mean from the Tau perspective, it's simple AI. It's not full on 'has a distinctive personality and is basically a person except digital'. It's more like highly advanced video game AI. Decision-making algorithms designed in a specific way beforehand, that don't really adapt to new experience in a meaningful way. They're not to that point yet.

Although to be fair, I'm just talking about Drone AI, and it's entirely possible we have AIs in other places that are more similar.

But it's kinda the opposite of machine spirits. Whereas machine spirits are subtle and almost entirely made of personality and character, what with the history and needing to appease and all, and only usually show themselves in times of truly dire need, Tau AI are almost entirely rational, usually very obvious about 'yes this is an AI', and are most useful in general everyday life/activity/fighting.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:18:15 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2411 on: January 02, 2016, 01:49:47 am »

Guys, help, I'm searching for an image for a bit now but I can't seem to get a hold of it anywhere. Basically, it was old-style "sketched" illustration in black and white and it was picturing... Phanta Claws. Because, you know, Merry Fistmas and all this, I know I'm late but eh. I was searching for it but can't find it anywhere. IIRC there were also some techpriest "gnomes" around the Phanta Claws and he had an bag and I'm not actually sure if he didin't have this DF Urist face with added Santa cap.
EDIT:
To think of that, I think the Mechanicus had added fake reindeer horns and red noses. Also they were carrying the bag I think.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:51:40 am by Kot »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: January 04, 2016, 05:20:25 am »

What are Machine Spirits exactly? They're not (completely) AI, that's for sure. I read somewhere they use human brains? And do the Machine Cult believe every machine has a machine spirit?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: January 04, 2016, 05:42:31 am »

As far as I understand it, where the Imperium needs a computer-like-thing with sentience, they take a servitor and augment it until it's basically an AI.

Dunno about machine spirits, them behave oddly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: January 04, 2016, 06:57:16 am »

Machine Spirits are part-myth-of-the-mechanicus, part the remnants of the AI from the War against the Iron Men.

Cogitators are what the Imperium use instead of AI, because the Emprah said "No more AI". They range from brains with chips in them to chips with tiny amounts of brain matter used in the process so it counts as not being an AI.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 824