Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971549 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2820 on: February 03, 2016, 09:12:06 am »

Is the way warp spiders travel through the warp safe?

Don't they use the Webway?

Also, what exactly is the Webway?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: February 03, 2016, 09:19:07 am »

Also, what exactly is the Webway?

A network of tunnels that are partially in the Warp, held constant by Wraithbone wards that prevent the Warp from leaking in, except where they've broken. Some parts are connected to each other by gates that let you cross vast distances of the inside instantly, much like the entrances let you pass between the real world and the Webway instantly. Much of Commorragh is connected by gates that lead to mini cities and fortresses in the Webway that are otherwise very far from Commorragh itself.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: February 03, 2016, 09:23:28 am »

Huh, I thought Commoragh was located inside the webway itself.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: February 03, 2016, 09:28:18 am »

Warp spiders are basically the only Eldar who don't use the webway. It's really dangerous, and they know it. They're the most sombre of the aspects.
On the table, if they roll snake eyes whilst warp jumping, they lose a man.

It is, but not all in one place.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: February 03, 2016, 09:29:11 am »

It is, but not all parts of it are in the same part of the Webway. There are intra-Webway gates that connect outlying bits to the city proper. The separate bits tend to be the old fortresses and realms of Eldar lords from the days of the Empire that wanted their own retreat in the Webway rather than staying in what would become Commorragh.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: February 03, 2016, 10:33:46 am »

Commorragh started rapidly expanding after Vect's coup was completed. Since he held ultimate power, he ordered most of the internal webway gates locked open, essentially making it one location even though just walking down the street could teleport you to the other side of the equivalent-space galaxy in the Materium.

There are also stolen stars in Commorragh. Literally nabbed out of realspace into a waiting webway container.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: February 03, 2016, 10:39:36 am »

I'd do an Imperial Sanctioned Psyker, or Inquisitorial Psyker. Space Marine Librarian wouldn't be too bad.

Astropath, no way. They are truly the most miserable of all the psykers.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: February 03, 2016, 10:43:50 am »

I'd have a go at being a navigator, though they are more like sanctioned super mutant psykers with tons of inbreeding to keep their talents within their bloodline, but they get tons of benefits.

Inquisitorial psyker sounds ok, as long as they don't make me into a daemonhost.

Too bad the mechanicus wants nothing to do with psykers, since being a techpriest/techmarine would be my go to carreer on 40k apart from inquisitor :v
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:46:43 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 03, 2016, 11:06:36 am »

Imperial Sanctioned Psyker
Be hated and feared by your so-called comrades and blamed for everything.
Inquisitorial Psyker
Definitely gonna get dragged into some Chaos den and used as a sacrifice to open some door for the Inquisitor.
Space Marine Librarian
All the really good daemons are paying attention to you because turning you over to the Ruinous Powers could mean something, also just a better kind of meat-puppet.
Astropath, no way. They are truly the most miserable of all the psykers.
And this just illustrates why being a human psyker sucks dick, always. Humans are not good at warpcraft. Literally the only situation where I'd consider being a psyker is one of those unbound alpha-plus types. 99% chance I immediately get eaten by daemons, but 1% chance I figure out how to eat daemons instead and become a living god.
I'd have a go at being a navigator, though they are more like sanctioned super mutant psykers with tons of inbreeding to keep their talents within their bloodline, but they get tons of benefits.
Officially tolerated, unofficially creep people out because you can kill them with your forehead eye, also doomed to have out of control mutation constantly after turning 35, eventually rendering you a cthuluoid abomination should you reach old age.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: February 03, 2016, 11:14:23 am »

Ya, I'd just not be a Psyker. Imperial Guard General? Yes.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 03, 2016, 11:39:58 am »

Too bad the mechanicus wants nothing to do with psykers, since being a techpriest/techmarine would be my go to carreer on 40k apart from inquisitor :v
Yeah, sounds like you wanna be a Warpsmith.
Psychic powers are kosher, you get to be the forge-king of your own factory world, and you get leadership over the humans and techpriests under you.
None of this "chain of command" techmarine bullcrap. You're the biggest and the smartest.
They don't like it, they can piss off your forgeworld, you've got magic land raiders needs making.

... In the spirit of "fairness", I feel obliged to also inform you that the grey knights, being all psykers, have psyker techmarines.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:41:50 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: February 03, 2016, 11:50:56 am »

... In the spirit of "fairness", I feel obliged to also inform you that the grey knights, being all psykers, have psyker techmarines.
the catch here is that you would be a grey knight

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 03, 2016, 12:46:07 pm »

Who cares what blunts think or how they feel?

Definitely gonna get dragged into some Chaos den and used as a sacrifice to open some door for the Inquisitor.

I mean being the Inquisitor wot is a psyker.

All the really good daemons are paying attention to you because turning you over to the Ruinous Powers could mean something, also just a better kind of meat-puppet.

So the same thing happens to the Eldar. So wat. It comes with the turf of being awesome.

And this just illustrates why being a human psyker sucks dick, always.

Show us on the armor where the God-Emperor touched you MSH.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2833 on: February 03, 2016, 01:41:02 pm »

Who cares what blunts think or how they feel?
TBH you get like two bodyguards that will shoot you the moment you sneeze louder than usual, but hey, they will also protect you from angry mob of huge manly men with big guns.

So the same thing happens to the Eldar. So wat. It comes with the turf of being awesome.
Well, actually most of Chaos doesn't actively fuck over Eldar but you've got special attention from anything Slanneshi, which might actually suit some people tastes for a while.

As for being a psyker in Wh40k... fuck no, give me Omega-minus anyday anytime.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 03, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »

So, I was wondering, why doesn't Chaos create Men of Iron? I mean, the STC for them was found on a Chaos world. As corruptible sentient beings they could give a lot of power to the Chaos gods if they were mass produced.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 824