Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971103 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3090 on: February 20, 2016, 09:28:25 am »

Then he's wildly dissapointed with the heretics and traitors playing Xenos and, well, heretics and traitor scum.
Then he should really have worked out a proper balance by now.

This is, of course, all because of Tzeentch's meddling.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3091 on: February 20, 2016, 09:33:16 am »

I feel like 40k deserves it's own alignment system. On one axis, Discipline/Stability/Anarchy, on another, Naivety/Pragmatism/Cruelty, and on the last, Loyalty/Unpredictable/Ambition. With Neutrals for all three, of course.
Nah, the only alignment you need is heretic/not heretic

Eldar might be Disciplined, Loyally Pragmatic xenos, while the Orks might be Anarchical, Unpredictably Cruel xenos.
Bit reductive of the Eldar though, alignment systems tend to dumb down and align things into simpler terms, as the Eldar are incredibly dodgy depending on which Eldar they are (craftworld-wise or aspect path/pirate fleet)

What if the Emperor is talking to us from the future, giving us premonition in the form of the Warhammer 40k universe and the tabletop game? What if every game that's played on the tabletop actually happens 38,000 years into the future?
Then the Tyranid codex must represent advances in technology outstripping the pace for Tyranids to evolve

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: February 20, 2016, 12:13:27 pm »

I feel like 40k deserves it's own alignment system. On one axis, Discipline/Stability/Anarchy, on another, Naivety/Pragmatism/Cruelty, and on the last, Loyalty/Unpredictable/Ambition. With Neutrals for all three, of course.
Nah, the only alignment you need is heretic/not heretic
I mean I don't really wanna deal with whatever messed up 12-pointed cubic star-thing that grid would look like.

If Law/Good/Chaotic/Evil isn't enough, just tack on grimdark and noblebright. But that's still needlessly complicated.
It's like "Good" "Right" "Nice" and "Fair" all being completely different attributes which are normally positive but can easily be appplied in a negative way, and to the exclusion of all the others, as well.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: February 20, 2016, 02:07:32 pm »

I mean Craftworld Eldar, obviously, Loud Whispers :P Dark Eldar are a bit more Cruel, bit less Discliplined, probably Unpredictable (not certain here though as Dark Eldar skeeve me out too much that I'm not entirely familiar with their lore). Corsairs, no idea. Probably middle whole way through. But yeah still reductive. Different groups will vary. It's not perfect, jut something I thought would be interesting. Not too useful for individuals, though, probably.

I would disagree, Tack. Sorta. Discipline and Loyalty are different, though I get why you think they should be lumped together. I'm using the first as a sort of measure of the orderliness of their society/military, while the second is more a general predictor of individual's behavior in tough situations.

Like, Imperium wants to be Disciplined Loyal Pragmatic, but really it's Stable Loyal Pragmatic, I think. Chaos can still tempt which makes it hard to say, though.

Tau are super obvious unless someone thinks they aren't Disciplined Naively Loyal
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3094 on: February 20, 2016, 02:14:03 pm »

I mean as in differences between Craftworlds, such as the one that's mostly dead people or the one that has dudes who run around the warp from time to time and don't get eaten by Slaanesh

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: February 20, 2016, 03:49:27 pm »

Then he should really have worked out a proper balance by now.

This. So much this. If Fantasy Flight is the Emperor's vehicle to show us what the future is like, we are all supremely fucked.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: February 20, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »

Forbidden Stars is that bad, huh?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: February 20, 2016, 06:31:14 pm »

I mean as in differences between Craftworlds, such as the one that's mostly dead people or the one that has dudes who run around the warp from time to time and don't get eaten by Slaanesh
They're all fairly disciplined, what with the Aspects and Paths and all, their lifestyle is built around it. Most all of them are Pragmatic as far as I know, since they don't go around blowing up worlds for shits and giggles, but they're perfectly willing to do it if they think it means one of their kids will survive to grow up. And I would think that they're loyal, considering that self-same willingness to blow shit up for basically any Eldar if it means saving them or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: February 20, 2016, 06:43:49 pm »

Forbidden Stars is that bad, huh?

No. It's just FF's mechanics suck that bad.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: February 22, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »

Oooh!
Wait. Link says Kronus but the title says Kaurava.

In any case:
Recently had a tournament. The finalists in the tournament was 'Guy who wins all his games' against 'guy who loses all his games'.
'Guy who Loses' got extremely lucky and had so much power the entire game, except he made some awful tactical decisions. (Specifically running his troops away from a wraithknight he couldn't outrun instead of trying to put extra death-or-glory wounds on it.)

It's been eating at me ever since. He won't acknowledge he messed up.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3101 on: February 22, 2016, 01:24:48 pm »

How did he end in finals if he loses all his games?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: February 22, 2016, 01:25:35 pm »

Right? I'm as surprised as anybody.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: February 25, 2016, 12:43:17 am »

This makes so much goddamn sense

I know they're trying to un-ridiculous the Imperium, but this still fits with them so well!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: February 26, 2016, 05:48:45 am »

Has there ever been a Space Marine Living Saint?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 824