Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971792 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8415 on: February 22, 2017, 08:54:28 pm »

On the note of orcstealers-
1. Genestealers inherit some of the knowledge of their gene-sires now, so wouldn't they act normally orcy?
2. Orcs breed by spores so wouldn't a host be driven to hackim bits off an plantem inna field?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: February 22, 2017, 09:22:38 pm »

On the note of orcstealers-
1. Genestealers inherit some of the knowledge of their gene-sires now, so wouldn't they act normally orcy?
2. Orcs breed by spores so wouldn't a host be driven to hackim bits off an plantem inna field?

1: Ork hybrids are part of a Broodmind instead of the WAAAGH field, Orkz can tell and know they aren't proper Orkz, and the hybrids know too, not to mention the physical deformations that clearly mark them as Oddboyz. Many Oddboyz live on the outskirts of Ork society anyway, be it because they burn stuff down like Burnaboyz, get sick of normal Boyz breaking their bikes like Speedfreaks or because they make other Orkz heads explode like Weirdboyz.

2: No, they just let their spores go off and do their thing, requires no effort on their part because they release spores just by living and walking around. They're probably more willing to die than normal Orkz because that's how their reproductive urges work, since spore production is increased in dead Orkz, but they won't self mutilate to do it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: February 23, 2017, 03:52:25 am »

Ld 8 Init 3 orcs though would make me very happy.

Just played a game against a mate who uses GSCs and the point pricing on their models makes me pull hair out.
Functionally the same as guardsmen but with cult ambush instead of orders and +1 I and Ld for the same price...
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8418 on: February 23, 2017, 09:16:36 am »

Use DKoK! :)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: February 23, 2017, 09:33:29 am »

::) Don't get me started on the balance issues I have with forgeworld.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: February 23, 2017, 10:39:38 am »

Aren't the kriegers notably more expensive, both in points and sweet Forgeworld £££?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8421 on: February 23, 2017, 10:43:31 am »

...what are you, poor?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: February 23, 2017, 10:55:14 am »

As I am a hobbyist... Habitually.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: February 23, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »

Neophytes are one of weird things balance wise. They cost the same as Guardsmen, but have less special weapon options outside their mining tools, and they lack orders, which is a major part of what makes normal Guard useful. They also take a full Troops slot per unit, while Guard come in platoons.

In exchange they get minor stat bumps and Cult Ambush, which is normally basically super Deepstrike, but in their special detachment becomes super Infiltrate.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: February 23, 2017, 12:47:44 pm »

I thought they were able to take the exact same heavy weapons options as imperial guard, what with the kits being interchangeable.

... except they can also take mining equipment without sacrificing a 2nd man to carry binoculars.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8425 on: February 23, 2017, 01:48:18 pm »

Speaking of Kriegers...

Spoiler: Death Korps of Kroeg* (click to show/hide)

Bilingual punning best punning.

*Kroeg being the Dutch (Duitse) word for a tavern/bar/public house, as opposed to Krieg, the German (Deutsche) word for warfare.

Shamelessly crossposted from RTYDSME, since relevant to topic at hand.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:51 pm »

I thought they were able to take the exact same heavy weapons options as imperial guard, what with the kits being interchangeable.

... except they can also take mining equipment without sacrificing a 2nd man to carry binoculars.

They get the same Heavy weapon team options, but they can't take plasma guns or meltaguns, which are two really, really nice options for guard. In exchange they get web guns, which are meh. Wound on S and have decent AP small blasts, tiny range.

The mining lasers are pretty nice, half range Lascannons for 5-10 points less. Would be useless without Infiltrate/Cult Ambush though since the Neophytes can't move and shoot them without Snapshots. Seismic Cannons are even more meh, it's a lot of points to spend on a gun that plinks off of meq forces unless you're in 12" range, and Neophytes don't want to be that close to marines.

Outside their detachment Neophytes for babysitting backfield objectives are best off sacrificing two guys to make an Autocannon team, because at least that has range, but when you start looking at Cult Ambush, or Infiltrate from their detachment, then Mining Lasers blow the other gun options out of the water. Would still rather have meltaguns myself though, which is why I prefer Acolytes, since they can take 'totally-not-chainfists' and rip vehicles apart in combat and have Rending on their normal assault attacks.

Also no First Rank Fire! Second Rank Fire or Bring it Down! is a big hit compared to a guard platoon. Guard can pour out a lot more fire than Neophytes, Neophytes just get to appear and vanish all over the place like the plainclothes rebels they are.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: February 23, 2017, 06:50:59 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: February 23, 2017, 07:16:30 pm »

Some adult swim single-episode show, iirc

Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep65rr-9qjQ
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 824