Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315507 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1170 on: September 26, 2014, 10:50:11 am »

Can you mod more than on syndrome into a material?  Say a buff for one species but a curse for another that will respect their different conditional activations?

[FREE_ACTION] is probably messing it up; you want [CDI:FREE_ACTION]
Do CDIs take time in this version?  It seems all of the ones I mod in are free despite not expliocitly having the Free_Action Token
You can definitely have more than one syndrome on a material, and they will affect the creature (or not) independently.  I did one that had one effect on DWARF:MALE (turned it into a male thingie) and a separate one on DWARF:FEMALE (turning it into a female version of the same thingie).

I'm of the opinion that werecreature bites should work the same way... for now the werebeast appears to be genderless.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 26, 2014, 11:20:46 am »

Is there a way for a creature to drop an item upon death in addition to producing a corpse? The [ITEMCORPSE] tag replaces the corpse of a dead enemy. I'd like to supplement it.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 26, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

Is there a way for a creature to drop an item upon death in addition to producing a corpse? The [ITEMCORPSE] tag replaces the corpse of a dead enemy. I'd like to supplement it.
There is the extra butcher object tag, I forget the syntax right now. What it'll do is cause an object to spawn when a specified body part is butchered. No way to spawn both a corpse and object without butchering though, if that is what you are asking.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 26, 2014, 11:55:06 am »

I'm of the opinion that werecreature bites should work the same way... for now the werebeast appears to be genderless.
Going werebeast temporarily stops the birth countdown timer (or it did in 34.11) because of genderlessness. Imagine what would happen if it didn't and it hit 0 on the full moon...

There is the extra butcher object tag, I forget the syntax right now. What it'll do is cause an object to spawn when a specified body part is butchered. No way to spawn both a corpse and object without butchering though, if that is what you are asking.
If you do go the way Deathsword mentions you can look up gizzard in the raws for an example.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: September 26, 2014, 12:31:26 pm »

That's perfect, thanks. You got the tag exactly right too, it is [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT].
I'll go look at gizzard stones now, cheers for that Ark.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: September 26, 2014, 06:21:06 pm »

Quick question - how exactly do I make a creature have bone and only bone? I'm pretty sure I know, but I can't remember right now.
I've gotten a creature down to skin and bones that bleed nothing but still bleed somehow.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:00 pm »

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_TYPE:ALL:BONE]

[SELECT_MATERIAL:BONE]
[TL_VASCULAR:0]

Remove the blood material as well.  My 'bonedaddies' just shredded each other, yet are completely alive, though much more resilient to attack.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 26, 2014, 10:45:02 pm »

Is it possible to create custom vomit, like one with a syndrome?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: September 27, 2014, 09:54:08 am »

If a two-headed creature gets its head cut off, will it instantly die or survive?
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: September 27, 2014, 09:56:34 am »

If both heads have brains? It'll live.

However, if your creature is an abomination that has multiple upper or lower bodies, cleaving any one of them in half nets instant death. That's the exception.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: September 28, 2014, 08:43:54 am »

So I've noticed something upsetting about the [IMMOBILE] tag. Namely, creatures who have it won't move, just as intended, but they also won't take any sort of offensive action whatsoever. They're completely passive no matter the circumstances, happily taking all manner of abuse despite a plethora of available attacks which are fully usable when under direct player control.

My question is, does anybody have any workarounds? To either make a creature with [IMMOBILE] attack or to render a creature immobile by some other means? I use these sorts of turret-like creatures in my mod, and this new kink in DF2014 is the only thing keeping me from porting it.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: September 28, 2014, 02:37:56 pm »

I've heard they can still use interactions, but I'd confirm it with someone more knowledgeable.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: September 28, 2014, 03:10:53 pm »

So I've just recently become interested in modding and was making an attempt at creating a new playable hive like civ race.

I'd like to make the race have different castes similar to antmen with one caste of females being regular intelligent civ members capable of giving birth to numerous other castes, one of which would include another female caste with a pet tag and no breeding that could be both milked and butchered for hides, meat, etc.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the wall of text. I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer even segments of my post so I can piece things together for myself.

Also should this stuff go into it's own separate thread? I don't want to keep clogging up this thread with giant posts but neither do I want to create a new thread if it's not particularly necessary.

Edit: Yeah spoilers, my bad.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:44:50 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 28, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

Sorry for the wall of text. I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer even segments of my post so I can piece things together for myself.

Also should this stuff go into it's own separate thread? I don't want to keep clogging up this thread with giant posts but neither do I want to create a new thread if it's not particularly necessary.
To prevent text-walls use 'spoiler=topicname' to condense and categorize.

Spoiler: Pregnancy Question (click to show/hide)

I'm assuming here the above would even be possible using some type of transformation interaction based on age but I don't know how it works. Can I have "larvae" differentiate into different castes similar to the population ratios with breeding to avoid having to create multiple different "larva" castes for each of the different adult castes? I'm willing to figure that out on my own assuming it's possible but having someone tell me it's possible first would be nice before I attempt to look into it.
Big problem is that you can't specify by age. There are possible weird roundabout workarounds, but even thinking about them twists my brain into knots.
Here's my attempt at answering your second sentence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I recommend just renaming the general_child_name tag to use larva (or some variation thereof). Or use egg laying.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 28, 2014, 05:00:13 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with getting a syndrome-induced-interaction to work.

For background, there are a bunch of special minerals in this mod which boil away upon mining and inflict specific syndromes.  Upon contracting the syndrome, the Dwarf is supposed to fire off one of two interactions (actually he's supposed to try both, but only one can work).  The interactions then get eaten by modtools/interaction-trigger to run scripts.

The inhaled syndrome works, and I even see it listed under Dwarf Therapist as a "buff" but the interactions don't go off.  This is true whether the interaction-trigger is in place or not.  The script also works if it's run directly from the DFHack console, so I'm sure it's the interactions.

Spoiler: inorganic snippet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: interaction snippet (click to show/hide)

The wiki says that a can-do-interaction with no usage hint will be used on any valid target, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Anyone know how to force a creature to use an interaction?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 247