Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1847318 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3750 on: March 21, 2016, 03:39:55 pm »

But I've seen elven scholars write a book every year and then suddenly stop and do nothing for the next 400 years.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: March 21, 2016, 03:46:38 pm »

But I've seen elven scholars write a book every year and then suddenly stop and do nothing for the next 400 years.

You can afford to be lazy when you live forever.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: March 21, 2016, 04:28:06 pm »

Do you ever envision doing something similar with fighting styles as you've done with artistic forms? (Martial arts)

Yes.
Combat styles
  • Combat styles involving weapons or natural attacks with associated stances and moves
  • Ability to learn moves, etc. from others with whom you have a high enough reputation
  • Certain moves may only be available as specific counters, while others might just be regular attacks
  • Ability to create new moves/styles when highly skilled

There's a bit more information in a few of the DF Talk transcripts, as well.

Anyway, has anyone has a video of Toady's talk at the GDC ?

Would love to hear what he was talking about only saw that picture of the myths.
Unfortunately, the GDC talk video will (most likely) end up behind a pay wall for the time being. We'll have to contend with the information from those tweets and the preview video for now.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: March 21, 2016, 04:42:32 pm »

Do you ever envision doing something similar with fighting styles as you've done with artistic forms? (Martial arts)

Yes.
Combat styles
  • Combat styles involving weapons or natural attacks with associated stances and moves
  • Ability to learn moves, etc. from others with whom you have a high enough reputation
  • Certain moves may only be available as specific counters, while others might just be regular attacks
  • Ability to create new moves/styles when highly skilled

Ah, but we hardly need such while we have Kisat Dur.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: March 21, 2016, 05:35:49 pm »

But I want my enemies to use Kisat Dur on me.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: March 21, 2016, 11:15:30 pm »

But I want my enemies to use Kisat Dur on me.
Some people like to spank, and some like to be spanked.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: March 22, 2016, 07:44:45 am »

It's more of a "I want my enemies to have a fair chance" sort of thing.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: March 22, 2016, 10:11:10 am »

It's more of a "I want my enemies to have a fair chance" sort of thing.

Madness. Either you curbstomp your foes, or you get curbstomped. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: March 22, 2016, 07:28:34 pm »

Will there ever be a visible sign of pregnancy?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: March 23, 2016, 12:51:13 am »

Will there ever be a visible sign of pregnancy?
In the case of "will there ever" questions, the answer is more often than not a "yeah, maybe, no timeline" if it sounds reasonable, and in this case I would bet that it will eventually come around, just so you can pick out which of your dwarves is pregnant, or note a woman in adventure mode is pregnant and give her a blessing from the pregnancy god or whatever.

Is the myth generator able to invent reasoning for gods having the particular spheres they do?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: March 23, 2016, 03:10:01 am »

Is the myth generator able to invent reasoning for gods having the particular spheres they do?

I can't find a specific quote, but it seems that I saw something about this few months ago. So that's a "yes".

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: March 23, 2016, 03:24:21 am »

The creation myth generator was very well-received, and I look forward to getting it into the game as soon as I can so you can all create worlds with this new foundation. First we need to get this release done! I'm continuing with the last steps of adventure site creation now.

Sweet zombie Jesus yessss.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: March 23, 2016, 08:06:28 am »

I definitely look forward to seeing what the game's logic is for giving me a god of poetry, writing, and death.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3763 on: March 23, 2016, 08:24:00 am »

I definitely look forward to seeing what the game's logic is for giving me a god of poetry, writing, and death.
That's nothing - I want to see the logic behind a god of revelry, family, rainbows, death and chaos.

Anyway, will we eventually see in-game effects of pulping besides just the flavor text? By that I mean, if a blunt attack causes a creatures head to "explode into gore", will we see an explosion of eyes, teeth and skull fragments, similarly to what happens when teeth are punched out?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: March 23, 2016, 08:31:32 am »

If one of a god's spheres is Chaos, any other combination of spheres is justified, because chaos.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 306