Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457765 times)

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get crashes every time i try to gen a new world. Any way to fix it?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get crashes every time i try to gen a new world. Any way to fix it?

Small worlds crash the most often. You may want to turn off DFHack if you turned it on. Large worlds are the most stable, but medium Fire & Ice worlds are typically quite stable as well.

When in world gen is it crashing, and what tileset are you using? If you can't get a single world to gen then something is amiss.

I did post a new world on the download page. I personally have had no more trouble with world gen in [R6] than I did in [R5].

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Wait, why wouldn't a linux version work?

For installing mods I just drop the raws in and go (well, I usually change raws to .raws and then swap over stuff that I want to transfer from my stuff) and it generally works fine.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's another offer for helping with a Linux version!
Wait, why wouldn't a linux version work?

For installing mods I just drop the raws in and go (well, I usually change raws to .raws and then swap over stuff that I want to transfer from my stuff) and it generally works fine.

It works fine on Linux so long as no copying mistakes are made. I just haven't posted a Linux or Mac version yet.

I haven't posted raws separately either. The only thing one needs to do is copy over the ini/speech folder, world gen parameters, and the objects folder, and you are set.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:36:09 pm by Rammok »

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok so i manage to create a world on phoebus tileset, anyway when i press N i dont see any roles that i can assign, in M screen no possibility to create a squad. Why is that?

Looks like that, its blank, had it on save uploaded by you and also on the world generated by me
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:01:15 pm by HARD »

Derth

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Grand Master Amateur
    • View Profile

Not sure what's causing this, but Adventure Mode player vampires cannot target others with their "bite" interactions. Attempting to use those interactions results in automatically preforming the interaction on yourself, even though vampires are supposed to be immune to vampire curses. This include the Half-Vampire Curse, which is somewhat game-breaking when suddenly everyone everywhere wants to kill you.
Jack-of-Few-Trades

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok so i manage to create a world on phoebus tileset, anyway when i press N i dont see any roles that i can assign, in M screen no possibility to create a squad. Why is that?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like that, its blank, had it on save uploaded by you and also on the world generated by me

Wow. You have all the fun problems.

There is nothing I can think of that even allows one to modify the Military screen. Unless this is a font problem with the Starter Pack itself or DFHack.

I can see changes have been made to the ini because your FPS is showing and running at 75. Try to unzip the install again and run default settings. I can confirm there is no problem with military or administration screens running default.

I will look into this further tonight.

Not sure what's causing this, but Adventure Mode player vampires cannot target others with their "bite" interactions. Attempting to use those interactions results in automatically preforming the interaction on yourself, even though vampires are supposed to be immune to vampire curses. This include the Half-Vampire Curse, which is somewhat game-breaking when suddenly everyone everywhere wants to kill you.

That is weird. What type of vampire is your character, and what is the name of the power you are using?

I double checked the raws and indeed it should be impossible to become a different type of vampire once you have contracted a strain. 

I would like you to remove the required body part mouth line from the raw interaction and try again. If that doesn't instantly fix it, I fear there is a hard coded element blocking player transmission to NPCs.

I might have an alternative though. 

Maybe Knight Otu has a dog in this race.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:49:03 am by Rammok »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I tried a few changes, even tried making it a virtual copy of the cat head bump interaction, no luck, but it is still amazing that they will casually fang each other if you set the usage hint to greeting.

I will however consider this a success:

So yeah, I have witnessed npc's converting each other, the lord was definitely not one (cdi forbidden: master vamp curse) and the only ones who can do the speed boost are master vamps, so, there ya go, they were adjacent, the first salute had been cursed at some point by the guy I was there to find and then he fanged the lord and turned him while I watched.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:50:45 pm by Max™ »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I tried a few changes, even tried making it a virtual copy of the cat head bump interaction, no luck, but it is still amazing that they will casually fang each other if you set the usage hint to greeting.

I will however consider this a success:

So yeah, I have witnessed npc's converting each other, the lord was definitely not one (cdi forbidden: master vamp curse) and the only ones who can do the speed boost are master vamps, so, there ya go, they were adjacent, the first salute had been cursed at some point by the guy I was there to find and then he fanged the lord and turned him while I watched.

So it sounds like vampire curses spread as follows:
  • NPC to NPC
  • NPC to PC
  • But not PC to NPC
I have another work around for [R7]. It won't be as elegant, but it will work.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:05:14 pm by Rammok »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

I'll check into the problem later. Maybe I can find something.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

There is nothing I can think of that even allows one to modify the Military screen. Unless this is a font problem with the Starter Pack itself or DFHack.

That's the Nobles screen. They're missing all their nobles, or rather perhaps just the one (the one that assigns all the other ones).

Derth

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Grand Master Amateur
    • View Profile

That is weird. What type of vampire is your character, and what is the name of the power you are using?

I double checked the raws and indeed it should be impossible to become a different type of vampire once you have contracted a strain. 

I would like you to remove the required body part mouth line from the raw interaction and try again. If that doesn't instantly fix it, I fear there is a hard coded element blocking player transmission to NPCs.

Looks like you already figured this out, but for confirmation: I removed the "mouth required body part" and vampires still self-infected when under player control. For example, a master vampire becomes a master/lesser vampire when they try to use the "create lesser vampire" power, and gain the interactions available to a lesser vampire in addition to the master vampire ones. This includes a of "create lesser vampire" and "half vampire curse".

If you use the "create master vampire" interaction as a master vampire, it gives you the "bites/pales" message, but doesn't give you copies of the abilities you already have. Biting vampires as a half-vampire doesn't seem to do anything, though.

EDIT: Also, not sure if this is intentional or not, but vampire lord skeletons can't be used for crafting in adventure mode. Probably something to do with technically being steel.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:22:54 pm by Derth »
Jack-of-Few-Trades

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the Nobles screen. They're missing all their nobles, or rather perhaps just the one (the one that assigns all the other ones).

Yeah, he said something similar was happening on both Noble and Military screens. I can think of way it would happen with Nobles, but that seems very unlikely too. 

One that assigns all the other ones? ???

Looks like you already figured this out, but for confirmation: I removed the "mouth required body part" and vampires still self-infected when under player control. For example, a master vampire becomes a master/lesser vampire when they try to use the "create lesser vampire" power, and gain the interactions available to a lesser vampire in addition to the master vampire ones. This includes a of "create lesser vampire" and "half vampire curse".

If you use the "create master vampire" interaction as a master vampire, it gives you the "bites/pales" message, but doesn't give you copies of the abilities you already have. Biting vampires as a half-vampire doesn't seem to do anything, though.

EDIT: Also, not sure if this is intentional or not, but vampire lord skeletons can't be used for crafting in adventure mode. Probably something to do with technically being steel.

Thank you for the research, and you are correct. Crafting requires actual bone material. Although I will take a look at adding metal bone crafting.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:46:48 pm by Rammok »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like an expedition leader and such, without one there is nobody to assign the other jobs.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then

Seems to be something wrong with the latest version. There's no .exe files for the newbpack or the game itself included. Do I need to download the earlier version first? If so, where can I find it?

SOLVED: Downloaded it again and retrieved the .exe's. No idea why it was removed from within the packed zip folder in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:39:02 am by NukeACitrus »
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 92