Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171517 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2014, 06:13:56 pm »

((Yes, Tek will assist with the third watch!!!))

Tek idly wonders what secrets wait to be uncovered in the buried capital.  No doubt all kinds of interesting archaic tech hide there beneath the sands.  One day he will return and find out.

Tie down the host.  Take the third watch.  Keep charging that will bonus.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:03:42 am by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 18, 2014, 12:38:23 am »

Alright, third watch. For now, charge a dynamic sleep bonus.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2014, 03:38:39 am »

Alright, third watch. For now, charge a dynamic sleep bonus.

((There's one of those? My character's got over a year of that built up.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2014, 05:19:36 am »

((Hey somehow I got forgotten yay.))
((Damnit. Sorry.))

Tie down the host.  Take the third watch.  Keep charging that will bonus.
((No touching the host, please.))

Watch details
1st watch (4/4+) - Chief, Morul, Sambo, Vincent
2nd watch (4/4+) - Dern, Gorat, Jason, Kai
3rd watch (3/4+) - Cecil, Dubley, Tek
Konrad may or may not be on a watch as needed. Taddok has a different idea how the watches should be organized.
Not yet on any watch: Feyri, Han, Hobby, Konrad, Mir, Taddok.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #334 on: October 18, 2014, 01:24:21 pm »

"Okay. Triple check your heat guns and what else you have. It's time to supply the host with heat. Three night watch shifts of four, at least. I'm going for first watch."

Check. Do we have fuel for fires, as Gorat has asked previously?

We'll assume you have some of those chemical logs. Things burn well for a few hours. Don't breathe in the smoke.

Set Raduga to wide angle infrared, low power (maybe around 2% or so), and keep her warm.

"Let's go with the fires for now, though if we could have a heat gun covering her while we build them, that would be nice. I'd rather not risk triggering any defensive responses until we're at the pit."

Assist with fire-building.
You offer your aid in lighting a highly flammable substance on fire.

How many ARM members does it take to screw in a lightbulb light a fire?

Well, that train of thought led to a load of bollocks.

Try to consciously resist the heat with an effort of will. Shouldn't be difficult if such an effort is applicable, given my lack of attachment to modes of inefficient thought.

Also, try turning on the suit lights and pointing them at the Eater of Cold at all times.

You find it surprisingly hard to will heat out of existence. Clearly you need to try sitting on a hot stove and ignoring that. Work your way up to alien fire elementals.

You point your suit lights at the Eater. She seems...unaffected.

"Right, I'll join you on watch Chin. Anyone with cameyes, set them to thermal. It's gonna get cold, and anything hot is gonna be trouble. Just remember to flick back once in a while. Assuming that everything here gives off body heat is going to get us into trouble. Hrmmm. Steve, how hot does it get inside a Mk1 when the heat exchange is broken, or disabled?"

Keep an eye out around the camp, and beyond.

You do a nice goose step around the camp, keeping an eye out for anything odd in the desert.

Cecil eyeballs the rocks. The evil, evil rocks. They look like they need a good punching.

What kind of evils do these rocks want to commit? Does it feel like they want to hinder us?
You left the rocks back several miles ago. And they don't seem to be stalking you in the dark. You don't think.

"I'll take first watch as well. The next bugger can borrow my laser and backpack to keep her warm afterwards. It's got a dial on it. Don't turn the damn thing up unless you want to punch a hole in her. I've got plenty of stuff that'll do that anyway.

Temp-boy. Keep singing out those readings so we know if she's getting too cold."

Sambo turns on his suit lights and stands on the other side of the woman from the Chief, so no shadows are cast (or at least, his lights will nullify the shadows cast by her's). He stands out of the way of the raduga beam though. He keeps his laser rifle pointed at the woman, but doesn't fire it yet.
Ever play Alan Wake? I'm having flashbacks.

"Right, I'll join you on watch Chin. Anyone with cameyes, set them to thermal. It's gonna get cold, and anything hot is gonna be trouble. Just remember to flick back once in a while. Assuming that everything here gives off body heat is going to get us into trouble. Hrmmm. Steve, how hot does it get inside a Mk1 when the heat exchange is broken, or disabled?"

Keep an eye out around the camp, and beyond.
((Already answered by PW at some point; without the heat exchange you will boil yourself to death with your own body heat))

"If anyone has some sort of laser heating device that can run for the whole night I can just lock my joins on the exoskeleton and sleep in it"

if given such a device lay down in relatively comfortable position and lock joints so that the woman is heated then go to sleep, otherwise keep watch as required
Dunno if you've got something like that that can run autonomously the entire night. We'll see if someone gives it to you.
Help build fires (on different sides of the Eater, so that they cast less/weaker/shadows). Also seperate our motley crew into 2 about-equal watch shifts, if there are no objections. Finally, try to determine how much fuel we have for the fires.
We're up to 3 people for lighting a fire.

You've got 15 logs. Each log has a burn time of 5 hours, or thereabouts.

"I'll take second watch too."
Volunteer for second watch. See if I can intuitively sense any danger or bad ideas.
Tons of them. But nothing you can do anything about.

Set Raduga to wide angle infrared, low power (maybe around 2% or so), and keep her warm.
You miss.

YOU MISS.

DATS A GOOD ROLL MANG

"Yeah, I was about to start heating her anyways"  Turn on gun, procede to heat eater of cold
You miss too.

These are good rolls. I like these rolls.

So our two heaters fire helpfully into the sky rather then at the lady, though I'm sure they don't notice it since the beams are invisible. That good old fashion campfire it took a handful of people to start is sorta warm but...not as much as concentrated laser fire. Still. Everything seems fine. Until the beginning of the third watch, when the woman who has, until then, been totally silent, suddenly tilts her head back and starts making noises. Not normal noises either, the kind of noises that you can feel rattling the bones in your chest and vibrating the sand under your feet. The kind of noises that have barely any audible cue, just a dull roar, but that make your ears ache like you're standing next to a 50 foot speaker playing "Nails on a chalkboard: Remastered Anniversary edition". The watchman looking out into the desert with his cam eyes, because I assume thats still happening, sees pinpricks of light showing up across the thermal spectrum, hotspots amongst a sea of bluepurple sand.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 18, 2014, 02:32:17 pm »

((xD oh god epic fail)) Wake up? Shoot my (heat) gun in her face?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »

Jason wakes up at the noise. Dammit, he just got to sleep, what the hell."Well, lasers suck. I didnt ask for an eldritch alarm clock and I don't like that noise. Might be time to use the amps, see if it'll shut it up."

Prepare dynamic exotic bonus, stay in the light.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:21:16 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2014, 03:06:55 pm »

Goddamnit, she's calling the rocks isn't she? Cecil thinks to himself.

Guys what's she doing?

If she's still hot then go wake up someone who can deal with it. Like maybe battle-suit-guy over there.

Otherwise she needs a good sockin'

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2014, 03:37:13 pm »

Goddamnit, she's calling the rocks isn't she? Cecil thinks to himself.

Guys what's she doing?

If she's still hot then go wake up someone who can deal with it. Like maybe battle-suit-guy over there.

Otherwise she needs a good sockin'

((I'm a bit too far away to fly there.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #339 on: October 18, 2014, 03:48:45 pm »

"HEY!  Weird stuff's happening!  Everybody up!  Dubley, anyone else, heat her up if you can!  Amps last resort!"

Tek prods everyone to get them up.  He turns his light amps to maximum high enough to be able to see comfortably.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:57:01 pm by Nunzillor »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 18, 2014, 03:50:01 pm »

((So... whose the guy with the cam-eyes on watch right now?  Since we didn't really say... I'll just assume it was temporarily given to Tek unless someone speaks up, in which case I'll edit this.))

"HEY!  We've got incoming.  Lots of thermal signals converging on this position."    Tek opened a private comm to Dubley, since he was already up.  "Dubley, can you use your Raduga to heat her up and turn up the power?  Maybe she wasn't hot enough?  That noise seems to be attracting something."

Tek prods everyone to get them up.  He turns his light amps to maximum.

((No it's kisame.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #341 on: October 18, 2014, 03:52:28 pm »

((So... whose the guy with the cam-eyes on watch right now?  Since we didn't really say... I'll just assume it was temporarily given to Tek unless someone speaks up, in which case I'll edit this.))

"HEY!  We've got incoming.  Lots of thermal signals converging on this position."    Tek opened a private comm to Dubley, since he was already up.  "Dubley, can you use your Raduga to heat her up and turn up the power?  Maybe she wasn't hot enough?  That noise seems to be attracting something."

Tek prods everyone to get them up.  He turns his light amps to maximum.

((No it's kisame.))

((Thanks, edited.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2014, 04:25:03 pm »

Awaken from horrendous noise. Prepare Gauss Sniper Rifle.

Lie down, and be ready to shoot something terrible as soon as it comes into long range. Charge that Con bonus!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:12:11 am by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 18, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »

Play this song over the radio. Hum along.
Increase raduga power to 4%. Keep her warm.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:12:13 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 18, 2014, 05:08:58 pm »

Go from dreaming about nuclear fuel rods to awake with a jump up. Grab thermometer, see if Captive heat is changed, drop thermometer, grab cutting laser and point out into desert.

"The hell is that noise! Is she calling for support?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89