Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171454 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #765 on: January 06, 2015, 05:46:50 pm »

Running out of time a bit here, lets do things quick and dirty.

"Very interesting."

See if I can't use loose stones (made loose by available tools if needed) + Dubley's duct tape to construct minor walls to keep the sand at bay as we dig deeper.

If not, simply dig the pit wider to get an optimal angle for the falling sand.

You sure it up and dig deeper. It keeps getting colder, sinking into the -150 c's before starting to stabilize. Eventually you hit a surface black, fused sand, not unlike the tunnels you found earlier.

((Sambo died?  Fucking shame.))

Tek felt the equations getting away from him.  The stairs were too complex-- the MFM had spoken.

Try turning it into a gradual slide instead.  That should be easier, right?  Assuming it works, slide down into the pit and examine the paintings and engravings.  What do the paintings depict?  Are the engravings in a language similar to any others that Tek knows?  If the language is unknown, ask Steve to translate.  Make sure to capture everything for later analysis by Tek when if he returns to the ship.

Edit: also, ask our robotic overlord how exactly the Eater must be killed when it is transported to the pit.

You forget how your manipulator works and spend several seconds trying to get it to respond to voice commands and screen gestures.

Turn on improvised heater and point it at Ex-Sambo. Also turn pale with fear.

((probably won't make too much of a difference, but worth a try.))
A bit like trying to stop a glacier with a hair dryer.

Gorat, sandbag the Eater again! Morul, give it a little shove downward with your amp, but for the love of God don't overdo it! Maybe we can at least slow it down. Where the hell is Tek?

Steve, what can you tell me about that reddish planet-moon-thing on the horizon? Any cultural or historical significance, active transmissions, that sort of thing?

Steve has no information on what you're taking about and, through triangulation with your image, discover that the area you're looking at should be empty. Whatever that glow is, it's not a planet. It's not even a large asteroid. It's something entirely different.

((HEY, DON'T FORGET TO LOOT DERN'S CORPSE, IF YA HAVEN'T ALREADY. HE'S GOT A CUTTING LASER, KINAMP, AND MPC SUIT.))

Diggy diggy hole. Use the same method as digging to the tunnels. Melt the sand or blow it away using a maneuvering rocket set to very low.
Also check my fuel levels.

This got done in an earlier post, I'm just replying because of the yogscast reference.
And because I'm now depressed about what Yogscast became.

Aw.

((Was it Sambo, or Tek's Generator that I was borrowing? If it was Sambo's, does that make it mine now? =P... Also, I am still confused as to what we are supposed to do once we get the eater to the location)) Stay nearby to help out if I am needed, otherwise stay out of the new eater
You do a little jig off away from the danger, along with GUNINANRUNIN

"## you ###ing ####ers! ##### you!"
Since this worked so well last time, try containing it in sand again by amp-shoveling.

Woo boy, an actual action! Lets see...
[1+1]
FUCK.

FUCK.

RUN.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #766 on: January 06, 2015, 05:55:58 pm »

Wait to see what happens next.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 06, 2015, 06:32:05 pm »

The GM told me to run, so I'm doing so
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #768 on: January 06, 2015, 06:48:38 pm »

Tek experienced a brief lapse of reason-- "...NO GODDAMN IT FUTURE SIRI FREAKING WORK ARGLEARRGH..."-- before remembering how to use the MFM.

He calmed down and tried again:
Try turning it into a gradual slide instead.  That should be easier, right?  Assuming it works, slide down into the pit and examine the paintings and engravings.  What do the paintings depict?  Are the engravings in a language similar to any others that Tek knows?  If the language is unknown, ask Steve to translate.  Make sure to capture everything for later analysis by Tek when if he returns to the ship.

Edit: also, ask our robotic overlord how exactly the Eater must be killed when it is transported to the pit.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 06, 2015, 07:11:36 pm »

Pickaxe through the stone layer.

Also, can I see the red not-planet from here?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:51:46 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 06, 2015, 11:45:10 pm »

The big sky ball death ball is probably a problem. The pissed-off Eater is definitely a problem.

Take cover! Look around for any sort of terrian that I might be able to put between the Eater and the skyball. Something big, like a ridge.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 07, 2015, 03:21:09 am »

((Bummer. Well, eat kinetic amp/laser/gauss rifle/pistol death everyone :)

Plus, now I don't get my christmas potion. I bet it was a potion of invulnerability to eaters of cold too.......

I'll probably make up a new character in a few weeks. I've got plenty of stuff to do that's not RTD related for now. ))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:23:53 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 07, 2015, 03:44:38 am »

FUCK THIS SHIT RUN RUN FASTER AWAY FROM BURNING DEATH FIRETHULU
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 07, 2015, 05:15:33 am »

Allow Dubley to penetrate into the Tunnel of Cold. Possibly help if he doesn't do too well.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 07, 2015, 09:37:48 am »

Run. If it becomes absolutely necessary, push the stasis button, but not before it becomes necessary.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #775 on: January 07, 2015, 11:23:56 am »

Look around to find cover. Run to it.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #776 on: January 07, 2015, 05:46:41 pm »

Allow Dubley to penetrate into the Tunnel of Cold. Possibly help if he doesn't do too well.

Tek experienced a brief lapse of reason-- "...NO GODDAMN IT FUTURE SIRI FREAKING WORK ARGLEARRGH..."-- before remembering how to use the MFM.

He calmed down and tried again:

Wait.

WAIT. I just actually read carefully through your sheet.

You have a Manipulator...but no skill in uncon. Uh...and you just rolled a 1. 1-1 here.

um...I'm gonna give you a mulligan on that. Try again.

Pickaxe through the stone layer.

Also, can I see the red not-planet from here?

You can not see it.

You thwack the rock for a few minutes before part of the metal head chips off with a metallic clang. Huh...well, it has been well used.

EVERYONE ELSE.

We'll assume you've all run far enough away not to get fire up your butts. The Eater is basically warming back up to full power again and those tendrils of flame are reforming.

Oh and that distant reddish glow? It's getting closer.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 07, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »

Is....is it a giant space fireball?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #778 on: January 07, 2015, 06:53:22 pm »

((EDIT: Arghhh just remembered that the razor is also unconventional... oh well.))
Tek realized something: he had no idea how to use this manipulator thingy!  This entire time he had just been pushing random buttons. 

It was true that he had some successes before (mainly due to the fact that he didn't understand that he didn't understand it, and thus understood it), but it seemed his illogic was catching up with him.

In light of this, Tek decided to carve some stairs into the mound with his razor.  He would carve out one step (the topmost), step onto it, and then carve the next one and step onto that, and repeat until he was at the bottom.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:02:57 pm by Nunzillor »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 07, 2015, 07:34:30 pm »

((you could ask PW to retcon you having the correct space magic device you are specced out for as others suggested))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89