Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171502 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #750 on: January 05, 2015, 10:59:58 am »

((Crap... this was meant for the ooc thread.))
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:01:45 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #751 on: January 05, 2015, 04:51:20 pm »

Amazing.  Amazing!  Tek felt he had definitely hit the jackpot here: interesting cultural relics certainly deserving of closer examination as well as the possibility of more traditional "loot."

As for the drop... he had an idea for that.  Tek was beginning to like his MFM, purchased on a whim.  When used sensibly, there didn't seem to be much danger.  But was his plan sensible?  He wasn't sure of that, but he was sure that the results would speak for themselves either way.

Lastly, Tek briefly wondered how the main group was doing.  Eh, things were probably fine over there, he decided.

Push a good amount of sand into the opening.  Then, turn the mound to glass.  Then, begin creating a short staircase from the mound (complete with handrails, if possible) using a more delicate version of the slicing method used on the Eater mound.  Just do a little bit at a time, no need to overload the old brain.

This seems rather complex...lets see..

You manage to create a lump of glass. Yay! Well, it should at least let you get down easier.

"Have found anomalous source of cold. Should investigate thoroughly before moving on, maybe made by some object. We must dig down."

Try digging down toward the source. Is the decrease in temperature sharp as I probe downward, or is it gradual?

Enlist aid of whatever confused teammates are available as I do this.

Help Chief dig. Guess we're not getting caught up with the other groups.
You start digging deeper into the sand under the building. The temperature change begins gradually, but as you get deeper it becomes drastic. It gets far colder then it should have any right to be, below freezing only a few feet down and dropping even lower below that. By the time the hole starts to become impossible to keep open due to sand collapses, the temp is something like -50 C

Good thing I was sleeping exactly thirty-ONE feet from the Eater! If I'm on fire, bravely roll away away from the Eater until I'm doused, then hop up and try to stay as far out of his way as I can if he starts to move.
Luckily being on fire isn't so bad in a suit. But you promptly turn tail and retreat regardless.

Wake up and look at the eater.

Erm... th-that c-can't be good...

Hurriedly back away and take notes.
Wake up and look at the eater.

Erm... th-that c-can't be good...

Hurriedly back away and take notes.
RUN AWAY FROM FIRETHULU
"Retreat!"
Retreat out of the immediate danger zone.

You all back off, with various degrees of hysterical screaming and running.

Back away. See what the Eater does, scan the night sky/horizon for what might be setting this thing off.
You look around, making sure to take some shots of the sky using your suit camera, for comparison and examination later. The thing which stands out to you the most is what looks like a planet or other large celestial object off semi-near the horizon to the north. It looks like a large, reddish star, probably a large  or nearby planet though.

"Mother fucker! And I thought getting up for a piss in the night was tension relieving like. This cunt's got some dick disease or something. It burns....."

Back away from the Eater, lie down in the sand and roll around a bit if there's any flames or burny bits to be put out on my suit. Take aim at the Eater and fire on 80%, minimum dispersion (not beam) with my laser rifle. Aim at the general region of it's genitals. Keep my lights on it while firing.

"Take this, you diseased alien slut!"

((just because laser rifle fire has done nothing so far, it doesn't mean I shouldn't keep using it. If anything, it means I should. There is the slight possibility that it stores heat/laser energy until/during its' next hissy-fit, but whatever....))
Well minimum dispersion and 80% is basically a straight laser shot so...

[con:6+1]

WELL. Well fuck.

Ya killed it. YA KILLED IT. You Know what that means right? You're dead. It gets your body. But here's the thing, sambo, Your body is new. It is undamage. It is strong.

And it has a kinetic amp strapped to it's fist.  IT HAS A KINETIC AMP STRAPPED TO IT'S FIST! It doesn't know how to use it, but thats even worse! It's like an excited dog with a shotgun taped to its face!

The Eater's old body instantly collapses into ash and the now rather massive ball of flame that constitutes its core leaps directly into Sambo, overwhelming and controlling his body in an instant.

The only slightly good thing about this is that it seems like the eater's flames have lessened slightly, as though it's getting used to the body and can't quite function at full strength yet. Now might be a good time to do something to it!

"Watch the surrounding area! It's calling for help! And Steve isn't coming for us you idiot! And besides, bad things happen if it flies, or moves too fast, and shit's pretty bad right now, so stop trying to dig us deeper!"

Turn the volume on my megaphone as high as it will go, and shout the "Follow" command to the Eater. If it starts to follow, ask Steve for direction to the next waypoint, and lead the eater on. If it doesn't follow, watch the surrounding area for movement, and charge an Exo bonus as I do so.
NOT WORKING! NOT WORKING!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 05, 2015, 05:13:08 pm »

"Very interesting."

See if I can't use loose stones (made loose by available tools if needed) + Dubley's duct tape to construct minor walls to keep the sand at bay as we dig deeper.

If not, simply dig the pit wider to get an optimal angle for the falling sand.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:41:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #753 on: January 05, 2015, 05:27:46 pm »

Continue bravely running away away.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #754 on: January 05, 2015, 06:19:39 pm »

Turn on improvised heater and point it at Ex-Sambo. Also turn pale with fear.

((probably won't make too much of a difference, but worth a try.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Nunzillor

« Reply #755 on: January 05, 2015, 06:35:33 pm »

((Sambo died?  Fucking shame.))

Tek felt the equations getting away from him.  The stairs were too complex-- the MFM had spoken.

Try turning it into a gradual slide instead.  That should be easier, right?  Assuming it works, slide down into the pit and examine the paintings and engravings.  What do the paintings depict?  Are the engravings in a language similar to any others that Tek knows?  If the language is unknown, ask Steve to translate.  Make sure to capture everything for later analysis by Tek when if he returns to the ship.

Edit: also, ask our robotic overlord how exactly the Eater must be killed when it is transported to the pit.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:44:11 pm by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 05, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »

Gorat, sandbag the Eater again! Morul, give it a little shove downward with your amp, but for the love of God don't overdo it! Maybe we can at least slow it down. Where the hell is Tek?

Steve, what can you tell me about that reddish planet-moon-thing on the horizon? Any cultural or historical significance, active transmissions, that sort of thing?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 05, 2015, 08:00:58 pm »

((HEY, DON'T FORGET TO LOOT DERN'S CORPSE, IF YA HAVEN'T ALREADY. HE'S GOT A CUTTING LASER, KINAMP, AND MPC SUIT.))

Diggy diggy hole. Use the same method as digging to the tunnels. Melt the sand or blow it away using a maneuvering rocket set to very low.
Also check my fuel levels.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 05, 2015, 08:06:12 pm »

((HEY, DON'T FORGET TO LOOT DERN'S CORPSE, IF YA HAVEN'T ALREADY. HE'S GOT A CUTTING LASER, KINAMP, AND MPC SUIT.))

Diggy diggy hole. Use the same method as digging to the tunnels. Melt the sand or blow it away using a maneuvering rocket set to very low.
Also check my fuel levels.

((I imagine the laser may have been left in the desert [Maybe PW will give it if we ask nicely, but I'm not interested], and the rest was consumed in glorious, glorious fire. He did turn to ashes, after all.))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 05, 2015, 09:22:12 pm »

((Was it Sambo, or Tek's Generator that I was borrowing? If it was Sambo's, does that make it mine now? =P... Also, I am still confused as to what we are supposed to do once we get the eater to the location)) Stay nearby to help out if I am needed, otherwise stay out of the new eater
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 05, 2015, 09:25:11 pm »

((It was my generator. Dubley's.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 05, 2015, 09:30:32 pm »

((Daww! wrong on both guesses! D= Sorry Nav! I have a terrible memory D=))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 05, 2015, 10:37:15 pm »

((I wouldn't suppose anyone is skilled enough to slice or blow off that arm with the amp?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 05, 2015, 11:20:13 pm »

((I wouldn't suppose anyone is skilled enough to slice or blow off that arm with the amp?))
((Probably a bad idea, but worth a shot. The eater can take some damage. Maybe just the fist/hand?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 06, 2015, 09:45:29 am »

"## you ###ing ####ers! ##### you!"
Since this worked so well last time, try containing it in sand again by amp-shoveling.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 89