Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171439 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #825 on: January 14, 2015, 06:23:55 pm »

((The one time I played with the dial, I undid it again, and before that, you said "over an hour". So unless the suit is even stranger than expected, it should still be in the hour range.))

Stasis out for the hour that the suit should still be set to.

You punch the button, hoping it will protect you. Everything goes black.

"Hm. Dubs, make sure there is way out at all times. I will check inside."

Put the hand in the hole. Does it start to feel cold inside the suit?

If not, try to descend into hole if the inside isn't full of ice.

If yes, and the hole isn't entirely filled with ice, try putting the light plus camera probe in there and surveying the inside.

You stick your hand in. It doesn't feel cold, so you shrug, knock some of the ice away and leap in. The hole is much larger then you expected, the "floor" you saw before jumping in was nothing but a layer of ice. Luckily it is filled with a strange powdery web of frozen gases which shatter as you fall through them, slowing your descent. When you finally do hit the bottom, you've fallen more then 20 meters and are now laying on the bottom of a massive empty area which is visibly far colder then it should be. You can't see very far due to a haze of frozen and semi-frozen gases, but you get the distinct feeling this is quite a large structure.

Steve, we are VERY rapidly losing all control over the Eater. It should settle down once the sun rises, but we're in a damn hard spot right now.

If you've got a card to play, now's the time.

...maybe it won't murder us?
>There's not a whole lot I can do. These laser cannons don't have a stun setting and it's lot like I can just drop a cages on it or something. Unless you have some grand idea how I can help, you're on your own.

"Hm. Dubs, make sure there is way out at all times. I will check inside."
"Sure. Be careful down there Chief. Remember not to lean against anything."

Keep the entrance unblocked, and be ready to rescue Chief if it is needed.
You watch the Chief tumble down into the darkness and shake your head. Rescue seems like a very probably need.

((I just laughed my ass off.  On another note, we need Gorat to not go into stasis and instead try to sandcastle the Eater again.  It is our best shot!  You can trust my reasoning: I'm the guy whose character is on fire and missing several limbs.))

This was definitely Tek's worst day ever.  Sometimes he felt that some uncaring God was drunk when he was created.  Tek wasn't pondering that right now, of course: mostly his thoughts consisted of inarticulate screaming.

Wheww man.  Wow.  Uhh let's see.  Take off the suit as best as possible and start rolling around?  Yeah, that sounds good.
EDIT: Also, drink potion douse self with potion number 23 real quick.
ooooo Well there's plenty of contact with open tissue so I suppose this will work! Lets see...

You tear open your suit and pour the potion all over yourself. The fire doesn't go out, instead it turns green. The green flames no longer hurt you, though they continue to lap and flow across your black charred flesh. In fact, nothing hurts. You feel dizzy and the world swims as you lurch upwards, being dragged up and off the sand. Hands are grabbing you, helping you up onto your remaining leg and holding you there. All around you people are climbing up and out of the sand; people wearing native clothing, people whose exposed flesh has the look of jerky and whose eyes stare emptily back at you. Corpses. mummified and still in their ancient dress, crowd around you, supporting your weight. They lay their cloaks across your burnt but painless skin and wrap you as though to protect you from the sun.

Finally, when your suit as been stripped away and replaced by their own clothing, they start walking. Dragging you slowly back toward the rest of the group.

I suppose you could hook it up to the suit's power and drain that to overpower the heat gun. Would probably destroy the heat gun in the long run, more then likely damage the suit too, but it's something.

"Oh god damnit, I'm going to die in this hell hole... This planet better be useful in this war!

Do the thing! (And by the thing, I mean overpower my heat gun using the power from my suit, and try and blow as much sand into the eater sand ball as I can) "Hey Steve! Is there any spare amp users who could help back us up? We have found a containment method that sort of works. Containing the eater in sand seems to work, but it tries to break out, so we need to constantly add more sand, so a giant fan or something similar would prove useful as well "

Attempting to do that with those handiwork and aux scores eh? Should be cool.

{6-1}

Ooooo lucky.

You wire the heatgun into the suit and shunt all the power from the suit's generator into the gun. The heatgun starts putting out enough heat that it begins to melt its own casing. However, it does appear to be having some effect on the Eater, which is seemingly becoming lethargic or weakened in its struggles.

((Did my action get ignored?  :-\ ))
Nah, I just tend to lump "RUN AWAY!" actions together. Don't worry, no one is stuck any closer then they want to be.

((Did my action get ignored?  :-\ ))
((Mine too, although there's not much I could have done really.))

Continue making notes on the Eater.
"Yes and now we appear more fucked then before. Let me just check these notes....yep, more fucked."

stop running, go back help upon arrival
Help how?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: Curse of the Mummy.
« Reply #826 on: January 14, 2015, 06:35:40 pm »

To Dubley via radio: "Am currently fine, Dubs. Stay up there. Will call for help if in trouble. If I do not report for fifteen minutes, am probably in trouble."

Mark my position by sticking an awl into the ground. Then start systematically exploring around me. Note the interior geography. Keep eye out for objects.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 14, 2015, 06:43:11 pm »

drink 17 eat the plant too, continue moving back, use shield as shovel to assist with burying eater
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #828 on: January 14, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »

Warm up the Eater just a tensy bit using my lasor.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 14, 2015, 07:07:27 pm »

(You MIGHT wanna be a bit more specific with that, or you'll end up like sambo :P)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 14, 2015, 07:07:37 pm »

((Oh god I totally DID risk a 0, well, at least the aux handiwork skills are over)) "Holy shit! That actually worked!?" Keep blasting my heat all over the eater
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #831 on: January 14, 2015, 07:18:45 pm »

((Awesome.  Just incredible awesomeness.  No, it is not a hallucination: Tek is now an undead immortal, his undying frame wreathed in green flame, a harbinger of a new age that has shed the superfluous distinction between life and death.  I will hear no other interpretation.  Also, Vincent is a hero.))

As Tek's pain gave way to confused awe, he found himself following his new brethren across the sand.  Tek could only wonder how the old teammates would react to the new.

"Thank you.  Why have you come?"

Move onwards towards the Eater.  Observe whether the undead respond in any way to the question.  If still on fire, observe whether it is spreading to the other mummies.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:25:37 pm by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 14, 2015, 07:33:28 pm »

To Dubley via radio: "Am currently fine, Dubs. Stay up there. Will call for help if in trouble. If I do not report for fifteen minutes, am probably in trouble."
"Nope, I'm coming with you.

Jason, Han, keep watch up here."

Pose the less active teammates in a funny pose, as a science experiment.

Then safely hover down to where Chief is. Take a look around.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 14, 2015, 07:53:08 pm »

"Heh, I'm so good at keeping watch that I was doing that before you even mentioned it. I'll try to make sure no boxes full of giant Nazi space bees sneak up on us." Jason chuckles.

Back tozoning out keeping watch. Resist funny pose attempts. Maybe try to intuit what my potion does.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:00:24 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 14, 2015, 10:37:41 pm »

Quote from: Kedly
Successful heating action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

See if Sambo's (or anyone's) pewpew laser is still available. If so, grab it and heat up the Eater with a wide spread and medium power.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:43:14 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 15, 2015, 12:50:58 am »

Recall on why killing the Eater is a bad thing, and ponder about if I was being used as the containment for the Eater--pure synthetics and such...

Also get to aiding any person in dire need if possible. (ie Getting them into a state of non-danger)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 15, 2015, 01:04:10 am »

Recall on why killing the Eater is a bad thing...
((Because if you kill it you will become next Eater.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 15, 2015, 01:09:00 am »

((Yeah, I got that :P I mean by how, and the intricaties by which describe its preferred habitat, because I'm thinking 'what if I killed it--being the form of a robot, and lacking any organic tissue in my...body...now?'))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 15, 2015, 01:17:34 am »

((Yeah, I got that :P I mean by how, and the intricaties by which describe its preferred habitat, because I'm thinking 'what if I killed it--being the form of a robot, and lacking any organic tissue in my...body...now?'))
((You have your brain still, which is organic.
But SPESS MAAAAAGIC))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The definition of Insanity.
« Reply #839 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:18 am »

Man, if I survive this, Steve's going to kill me. Then he'll revive me to do it again.

Tick. Tock.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 89