Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171529 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1110 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:44 am »

((Alright, I'll edit my action to account for that, then.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 25, 2015, 11:46:26 am »

((We good to lock in the Tir/Morul go towards the Pit with the Eater, everyone else run like hell plan?))
((I'm good enough.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 25, 2015, 11:49:55 am »

((Commence the doomsday scramble!))

"Looks promising, this distraction thing. Opinion, Dubley?"

By "communicating" I meant that conjugation-like thing where they connect to each other and presumably exchange information and/or plasma.

Anyway, well. Is there any exit other than the way we came from and where Dubley (and the spheres) just went?

If Dubley starts leaving the way we came, follow.

Follow Dubley's lead. Carefully. If I start melting or burning, return to the cooler exit.

((Here's a repost of my actions, in case they're relevant or doable in light of horrific potential disaster.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 25, 2015, 11:54:31 am »

((Someone might want to signal PW you're ready so we can watch the carnage.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 25, 2015, 11:59:05 am »

((I'll volunteer to ride shotgun, because I've got the voidsuit, and I still haven't found out if I can carry live passengers. I know I can take inanimate objects, so I might be able to haul the Eater in with me, and leave it behind. I would only do that as a last, last resort though. Don't want it and Timmy conspiring together... anyway, I'll ride with Feyri if she wants.))
((I'm very alright with this--I just want everyone to be ok and efficient here. Not...to intrude.
And I would've said this all IC anyway :P))

We are sending Tir and Morul off towards the Pit with the Eater.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 25, 2015, 12:02:03 pm »

I sent him a PM letting him know it's ready. Everybody start prayin'.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 25, 2015, 12:05:48 pm »

/popcorn
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 25, 2015, 12:09:51 pm »

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 25, 2015, 12:17:18 pm »

"Exactly what I was thinking. Come, lets keep exploring!"

Sneak past the fireballs. Utilize the grappling hook to climb to one of the other exits (not the cold one and not the one the fireballs are investigating. There are other exits, right?)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 25, 2015, 03:03:30 pm »

((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #1120 on: February 25, 2015, 03:38:34 pm »

If anything goes wrong, zombies will help evacuate the wounded/heads...

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 25, 2015, 04:57:54 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1122 on: February 25, 2015, 05:33:21 pm »

"Exactly what I was thinking. Come, lets keep exploring!"

Sneak past the fireballs. Utilize the grappling hook to climb to one of the other exits (not the cold one and not the one the fireballs are investigating. There are other exits, right?)
There are indeed other exits. I'll assume you want to try to climb one thats not very high up.

You proceed to spin the grappling hook around and crack yourself straight in the faceplate with it.

((I'll volunteer to ride shotgun, because I've got the voidsuit, and I still haven't found out if I can carry live passengers. I know I can take inanimate objects, so I might be able to haul the Eater in with me, and leave it behind. I would only do that as a last, last resort though. Don't want it and Timmy conspiring together... anyway, I'll ride with Feyri if she wants.))
((I'm very alright with this--I just want everyone to be ok and efficient here. Not...to intrude.
And I would've said this all IC anyway :P))

We are sending Tir and Morul off towards the Pit with the Eater.
We're gonna assume that everyone else runs off in the exact opposite direction of the Eater. If you've got better transport than running, let me know!

Feyri scoops up the coffin, slinging it on her back and twisting her arms in an unnatural manner, locking her fingers together to stop it from getting away from her. The Sarcophogus is shaking violently and smoldering as she and Moral take off across the sands in a sprint. Feyri is strong, but running through sand carrying a something that weighs as much as a small car and is actively struggling against you isn't easy. Above them, the false sun has completely overtaken the sky, a layer of pulsating flame and increasingly complex organic shapes; great fluttering shapes like moth antenna or eyelashes beat the air, tendrils hundreds of miles long spiral and squirm, what look like bulbous compound eyes glitter on slowly swaying stalks. The atmosphere burns and glows as radiation and heat cascades through it, producing a blinding orange-red aurora borealis. The thing's size is incomprehensible, no matter how large it seems to grow, it never seems any closer, always hanging somewhere in the upper atmosphere, growing larger.

From the center of the creature's body unfurls a single long structure, like the proboscis of a butterfly. The tendril sweeps through the air blindly, leaving a swath of obvious heat distortion behind it. The sound, when it reaches the ground, is a rush, a roar like a jet engine heard at a distance. Then, without warning, the thing strikes out. It hits the ground somewhere beyond the visible horizon and sweeps sideways for a moment before pulling back. You can see what look like large rocks that it has torn up and tossed into the air, black specks against the flame. It's impossible to tell how large they actually are from this distance.

>Take cover. The shockwave should be here soon.

Feyri and Morul have made it about 20% of the way.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:35:49 pm by piecewise »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 25, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »

((That thing in the sky is literally Sahaquiel from Evangelion.))

Try again.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 25, 2015, 08:41:00 pm »

((And its sorta like the ?blue butterfly one? because it well looks like a giant moth/butterfly thing))
Brace by getting low so that I am not flung especially high then Run, PW I have a +5 exoskeleton if that helps in some way
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89