Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!  (Read 81332 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

this mod comes with masterwork and i had a limestone statue turn into a living stone... but my fortress was succubii and not dwarfen so the lil dude just hung out and destroyed a door or a statue every once in a while but nothing else. what am i supposed to do with him
When The Earth Strikes Back! is selected in Masterwork, features like Living Stone and Hidden Gems will affect anyone who digs into rock, but only the Dwarves have access to the Tribute buildings that can smooth over relations with (most) Living Stone creatures.

Awakened Stones are low-level building destroyers, which can make them annoying, but you can trap them and train them for hunting or war.  Or keep them in a zoo as S.B. suggested :)  Just be aware that they are genderless and therefore won't breed.  (An AI bug is making them more passive than they ought to be, next release will fix that.)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [42.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.05 - Dangers in the deep
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2016, 12:21:00 am »

Version 2.05 is up, which should fix the issues with the AI.  This means that the stop-gap measure of making them OPPOSED_TO_LIFE is no longer necessary.  I also cleaned up the Rubble version's documentation, and declared a dependency on the "Base" pack.

The mod now includes a copy of create-unit.lua (version 0.52) which will override whatever you might have in your DFHack folder.  I'll pull it back out once DFHack updates again.

You could copy the new scripts on top of an existing 2.03 or 2.04 save, but it won't fix any oddly-behaving Awakened Stones that are already on your map.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2016, 01:14:37 pm »

Updated MDF with TESB 2.05. Just wanted to let you know.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2016, 06:30:42 pm »

looks like i got two "Granite Hunters" which turned green from their need to hunt... (other granite hunter is being covered by the cursor)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2016, 06:38:54 pm »

They look... nauseous   :o

Were those trained as hunting animals?  I can fix the greenness next version, but I should make hunting and war graphics anyway.
Just got back, updating:

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2016, 06:49:06 pm »

Were those trained as hunting animals?  I can fix the greenness next version, but I should make hunting and war graphics anyway.
they just randomly gained the hunting title in their name after i reclaimed the fortress
edit: i checked one of them and it had novice ambusher as it's highest ranked skill. it might have something to do with the hunting name
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:53:18 pm by chesse20 »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2016, 07:03:42 pm »

they just randomly gained the hunting title in their name after i reclaimed the fortress
edit: i checked one of them and it had novice ambusher as it's highest ranked skill. it might have something to do with the hunting name
These guys have an ADD_COLOR tag in their creature graphic so that different castes would be different colors.  Completely forgot that they are SLOW_LEARNERs and therefore can acquire a profession.  I'm pretty sure I can disable profession colors but retain the caste colors.  You'll see that in 2.06 whenever that comes out, and I'll try to make a distinct graphic for trained Awakened Stones.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Okay, so version 2.05 didn't last very long.

Version 2.06 is all about graphics assets.  I fixed the coloring issue that cheese20 found, so now Awakened Stones and Wyrms will be colored only according to caste.  I also added specific graphics for hunting- and war-trained Awakened Stones, though the hunting one is hard to see unless you zoom in.  You're probably already doing that to see the Pet Rock creature graphic, right? ;)

The ones with green bands are hunter-trained, the ones with bloody claws are war-trained, and the slackers in the top-right corner are untrained.

While I was playing around with professions, I relabeled "wrestler" as "marauder" to preserve immersion.

Apparently I bugged Milo enough to support Stonesense assets, so now the Rubble version comes pre-packaged with all of the Stonesense content.  So now out-of-the-box, Rubble with all default configuration variables is precisely the same as the standard distribution.

Edit: Also updated the creature gallery in the thread's second post.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:26:28 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Apparently I bugged Milo enough to support Stonesense assets, so now the Rubble version comes pre-packaged with all of the Stonesense content.

You didn't "bug" me, you just gently prodded me to do something I should have done long ago :P

BTW: I just downloaded and tested your latest version (2.06). The documentation looks good, everything seems to work fine.

Yay, no consistency check warnings! Go me (valid rules)! Go you (valid raws)!

One little (extremely minor) nitpick:
The Earth Strikes Back! (2.06)

Any miner knows that the surest way to prosperity is to strike the earth. Wise miners know that sometimes the earth strikes back.

A mod for Dwarf Fortress v0.42

Version 2.05
The version number in the header (which comes from you addon.meta file) is correct, but the version in the document itself is off by one. Maybe it would be better not to put the version in the document body manually like this? (Its one more thing to forget when updating) If you really want it there I suggest you put a list of places where you have version numbers somewhere (in a comment in the addon.meta file?) so you have a reminder of where all you need to change.

A second (also fairly minor) issue is the "index.txt" files in the StoneSense content. If two addons try to install stone sense stuff they may collide... It would probably be best to use a script to edit the existing file if possible.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Apparently I bugged Milo enough to support Stonesense assets, so now the Rubble version comes pre-packaged with all of the Stonesense content.

You didn't "bug" me, you just gently prodded me to do something I should have done long ago :P
Well, as long you're taking suggestions, how about adding a way to dispense drinks from the computer so I don't need to take breaks?  Coffee, soda, whatever you prefer ;)

BTW: I just downloaded and tested your latest version (2.06). The documentation looks good, everything seems to work fine.

Yay, no consistency check warnings! Go me (valid rules)! Go you (valid raws)!

One little (extremely minor) nitpick:
The Earth Strikes Back! (2.06)

Any miner knows that the surest way to prosperity is to strike the earth. Wise miners know that sometimes the earth strikes back.

A mod for Dwarf Fortress v0.42

Version 2.05
The version number in the header (which comes from you addon.meta file) is correct, but the version in the document itself is off by one. Maybe it would be better not to put the version in the document body manually like this? (Its one more thing to forget when updating) If you really want it there I suggest you put a list of places where you have version numbers somewhere (in a comment in the addon.meta file?) so you have a reminder of where all you need to change.
I guess that version number doesn't need to be there.  It's patterned after the OP in this thread, and it's just one more thing to forget.

A second (also fairly minor) issue is the "index.txt" files in the StoneSense content. If two addons try to install stone sense stuff they may collide... It would probably be best to use a script to edit the existing file if possible.
This has me a bit worried, too, since it is a silent overwrite.  But I don't know how to manipulate existing textfiles in Rubble.  Ideally, it would scan the index.txt file and add a new line only if it wasn't already there.  That, however, is more of a discussion for the Rubble thread.
Just got back, updating:

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Sorry, I think a drink dispenser will have to go in the "maybe later" part of the TODO list... But keep checking the changelog, you never know when I'll get inspired :P

(Answered your question in the Rubble thread)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [42.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.07 - Digging dangerously
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2016, 10:07:16 pm »

Version 2.07, with most of the changes behind the curtain this time around.

The Rubble version has been tightened significantly, and it now adds the TESB Stonesense content to the index rather than overwriting it with a vanilla index plus TESB content.
The script that automatically tames all of the Pet Rocks for you will now accept a list of creature to tame.  No immediate impact, but will allow for additional benign critters in the future.
Speaking of Pet Rocks, the only ones available for embark will be the ones associated with layer stones your civ has access to.  Right now they appear in the order your civ discovered the stones (which might be of mild historical interest), but I'll try to alphabetize it for the next version.

Strike the Earth!
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Version 2.08 has posted.  This one includes a couple small bugfixes, displays the Pet Rocks in alphabetical order on your embark screen, and consolidates the four background scripts into two which may help a bit with stability.

You could copy the Lua scripts and onLoad.init into an existing save, but it won't alphabetize your Pet Rocks if you've already embarked.  It will apply the bugfix for building a Tribute to Rock Salt if that's important to your game.  I really dislike rock salt.  For a new world, you can install this mod right on top of an old version then generate normally.

I haven't yet checked this mod with the new alpha version of DFHack for DF 0.43, but it ought to work.  That alpha build has the same version of create-unit as the last DFHack for 0.42, so the override in this package is still relevant.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Version 2.08 seems to run just fine under 43.03 with the DFHack alpha for Windows.  Just download the SDL version of Dwarf Fortress, unzip the DFHack distribution on top of it, then unzip TESB.zip on top of it.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Version 2.09 has been posted, which brings a couple minor fixes.  It is now a bit more obvious if you accidentally use inappropriate blocks to build your Tribute.  First, the workshop looks slightly different (a boulder in the middle instead of a slab); second, it is labeled "Inactive Tribute"; and third, it has a single available job to (D)econstruct the workshop.

Up until now I've been forcing an Awakened Stone or Wyrm to attack the miner upon emerging from the rock, but the "marauder" tag seems to be working as intended, removing the need for the forced attack.  I also fixed an issue with how Wyrms' claws were defined in the raws.

Finally, I added some nicer formatting to the Rubble documentation.  The Reference section now has the same "info boxes" as the opening post in this thread.  Also noticed that I've been using Rubble 8 features since TESB v2.06, so the "requirements" have been corrected.

Let me know if anything doesn't work the way you expect, and get that adrenaline pumping while you Strike the Earth!
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16