Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 437823 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1890 on: December 05, 2015, 10:37:23 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Well, after some planning, I finally prepared the palace for the queen and the liaison. If only they had told us that they were going to come here before they got here asking for a house...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh well. Now I'll have to see to the magma crab problem. The metal intern has beaten one to death and the other is hiding in a corner, being ignored by everyone else. Maybe they are not that bad after all--
Oh... I... Forgot that magma crabs were able to... Spit magma on their victims... Now she's on fire...
This is bad.
And the marksdwarves aren't even halfway there yet!
Nevermind, they are here! Or, one of them, at least. Also a brave glassmaker decided to charge into combar, dodging the glob of molten rock and--DROKLES WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!
Well, he dodged it too. That was a close one.
The glassmaker sidesteps, dodging another glob while Drokles II jumps at the crab!
Perfectly synched! Too bad Drokles only has one leg now and he's on fire and stuff...
Even though one of his legs is on fire, Drokles still manages to jump away from the magma, avoiding certain death while the marksdwarf charges at the crab because he forgot to bring bolts down here!
While the glassmaker retreats and Drokles quietly sits there, melting, the marksdwarf dodges every glob of magma the black crab spits at him, still advancing!
No! The flying magma has striken the poor bastard in the chest!
But wait...
He's not burning! His steel mail shirt faith in Armok stopped the magma! It's a miracle!
Another marksdwarf showed up! Also without bolts! What the fuck were they expecting to do!?
A brewer charges at the crab from behind! He dodges the magma spit and starts brutally stabbing it with a spear!
Finally, with a mighty bash, the marksdwarf crushes the crab!
Well, this ended up better than expected. Only two burning dwarves, and the army prooved not hilariously incompetent for a change!
Drokles is not unconcious, but he's still not moving. His burns are bleeding heavily and his lower body is melted. Meanwhile, the planter is running upstairs through the old depot stairway. Maybe the snow and water will stop the flames--
No, wait, the Queen is outside! If the first thing she sees is a burning planter, she will get really mad, and what is worse, she'll blame ME!
Oh Armok no!
Oh, well, it seems the fire faded out while she was desperately running upstairs, and only the fat of her lower body melted. So, good on you, Äs! You had a bad time, but in exchange you got a thinner body! And extreme pain, and difficulty to move your legs and a flatter arse... Well, okay, it was still a terrible experience.
Now back to digging the palace.
Heh. Our trader just traded a bucket a set of elven boots, a bunch of clay and two roosters. Granted, it was a pretty nice bucket, but still, come on! This stupid elves overestimate iron.

As I walk down the farms, I see a trail of blood, leading to the entrance of the back tower. Senshuken VII was standing near the door, a somber look on his face. I ran upstairs. There he laid. Ognet Unalthikut, the marksdwarf, he who bravely fought the magma crab, dodging most of his spits. I guess the steel shirt stopped the magma, but the sheer force of the impact broke his ribs and cutted his heart. He was mortally wounded even before he started fighting, and he still won. He still killed the crab. Maybe if he had brought some fucking bolts with him... *sigh*. I guess it's time to build this fort's 825th coffin. Yes, I counted them. A furnance operator was quick on stripping him of his belongings and carrying him naked to his coffin. He was a brave warrior, his body rests with his kin and his soul is now getting absolutely shitfaced in Armok's Halls...
Heh. Lucky bastard.
Also, on a separate note, Drokles is also fine, right now, the magma only removing his fat, making him a thin, if also horribly disfigured dwarf. So, in theory, Ognet was the most unlucky of them all, as his armor actually hurted him more than the crab's spit.
Why this kind of shit only happens to our soldiers?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 05, 2015, 11:12:24 pm »

Also, on another note, the Queen is not the raging cunt that she used to be back when I lived in the old mountainhome. She is working now. She is cleaning the blood of poor Ognet, and she's not complaining about it, either! She seens to be comparatively calmer than how she was in the old capital. She likes working, is nice to the "plebians" (although she stills calls us "plebians") and she appears to be a good axedwarf, making me even more grateful of fleeing to this shithole when she told me that she was going to personally cut my head, arms, legs and beard off. She doesn't seem to annoyed of not having her royal rooms built yet, either. She said that she will wait and sleep in a normal bedroom like us plebians. Wich sadly means Ognet's room, but hey, she's not pointing at me and scraming "Off with his head!", so it's still progress.
Wichever elvish magic weed or yoga classes she took while at the former capital, they worked.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 06, 2015, 03:30:30 pm »

Wait a god damn second.

weak and skinny
TALL EARS

SHE'S AN ELF!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 06, 2015, 07:20:16 pm »

Given the current FPS, i think that the thread needs a new title.  Besides, we've had this one for a while now.

My suggestion:  MountainHome DoomForests  (Yes, I am bad with names)
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Doomforests: Pimp my Mountainhome edition
« Reply #1894 on: December 06, 2015, 08:59:11 pm »

Wait a god damn second.

weak and skinny
TALL EARS

SHE'S AN ELF!
Nah, she's still short and sturdier than most elves. Although having a female version of Cacame with us wouldn't be that bad at all.

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Our beloved queen decided to issue a mandate. She says that she wants a pair of high boots. Yes, she made her shopping list into an official mandate.
Well, thankfully we alredy have a pair of high boots we bought from the elves totally created in this fortress. Yes, 100% product of dwarven shoemakers!
Poor sod... But oh well, Doomforests is no place for the weak-minded, even if they have links to some demonic shenanigans or whatever.
Also, we have a giant canarian from hell knocking at our doors walls.
The palace is getting along nicely! I ordered the dwarves to channel a small space in the entrance hallway, both to place a drawbridge to cover the entrance should things in the fort get ugly, and also, as a way to make sure that we can... Dispose of our beloved queen should she get annoying again.
Also, on a separate note, the lovely native wildlife of the cavers is taking care of that ugly sentient blob of vomit. A toad, or maybe we should call it THE Toad for its undeniable badassery, has broken the blob's body. Then the fight turned into a jump fest, but at least one of the three or four lovecraftian horrors we have around the fort is weakened now.
Meanwhile, at the top level, our miners sing an old dwarven song while digging up the palace. It tells the story of an ancient fortress, incredible suffering, insanity, magma and a final battle between dwarf, goblin and elephant. And I think a boat got murdered in some part or something, I don't know. I hope our queen enjoys this free song service from the unpayed workers of her own personal castle.
-Unpayed!?
-Yes, Urist, you heard me. Unpayed. Now keep digging.
Well, the palace is completed, and the smaller living for the liaison is being dug.
A productive couple of months this were, if so somehow painfully slow...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:08:06 pm by mate888 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 06, 2015, 09:06:03 pm »

Those pillars are crooked.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 06, 2015, 09:52:35 pm »

Those pillars are crooked.
Thank God you told me that. I fixed it now.
Journal of Mate the 888th, overseer of Doomforests
Hm... Now that I made this huge palace for the queen and a frankly very nice housing for the liaison, I've been thinking... Why don't I get to have any of those? I mean, I don't mind my small, cozy bedroom, or having to eat with the rest of the fort, I know most of this dwarves, after all. But why don't I have an office? Or a glorious tomb? I'll fix that right away! First of all, I'll make the tomb, one fit for a messanger of Armok such as myself. It'll be close enough to my bedroom so if I get murdered in my sleep, I'll be easily transported to my mausoleum.
I'll make my office north on this level, or maybe I'll make it connected to the Cathedral.

((Also, if anybody else wants to be dwarfed, please ask, it would be nice to have more named dwarves in the fort))

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 07, 2015, 12:29:08 pm »

Quick bit of administration: is the turn list somewhat along these lines after mate888?
exodius1
TheFlame52
jwoodward48df
Kevral
TechnoXan?
Me (Sacasco)
Gwolfski
Sanctume
Taupe
Drazoth
PsychoAngel

That's from browsing back through the last 22 pages of this thread. I merely searched for the word "turn", so if anyone has requested a turn without using that term, I'm afraid they won't show up here. I believe exodius1 is next, as they were after mate888 on Drazoth's turn list from page 106, which I did not verify.
TheFlame52 is on Drokles's turn list at the start of the thread, but I could see no other evidence of that. I think we should assume they do want a turn unless they confirm
TechnoXan seemed rather hesitant in proposing themselves for a turn, so don't be surprised if they no longer want one. Many others have said little or nothing on this thread since requesting a year, but maybe they like me have merely felt they had nothing to add. On that note, could everyone who wants a turn please re-confirm their application? (I'd like to do thus here.) I don't think turns should be missed out for not doing so, but it could speed up the process considerably.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:46:13 am by Sacasco »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 07, 2015, 02:14:42 pm »

I should be on that list somewhere, so just put my name at the bottom.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 07, 2015, 03:04:04 pm »

Add me to the bottom as well please.  I can't let this place go out from my direct control for too long, now can I?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 07, 2015, 04:48:46 pm »

The list is updated. I'll be happy to put you back in your correct places if you can point me to them, but I'm afraid I'm not willing to check back through the whole thread again.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 07, 2015, 05:06:23 pm »

I want that turn, I just don't post often.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 07, 2015, 06:11:22 pm »

After teaching my friend how to play DF a while ago, I've been getting back into the game. Inevitably this means that Psycho will come back to the rutile hat. (Add me to that list!)
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 07, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th
The Queen's palace, my tomb and the liaison's place are all dug and being smoothed. Everything seems to be fine by no--
shitshitshitshitshit
Something (I'm betting on Nifih) posessed the militia commander that came with the queen. Let's hope she doesn't kill somebody if this goes wrong.
Okay... It begins...
Well, she went downstairs and started grabbing rocks and shit by herself, so I think that the construction will go without problems.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 07, 2015, 08:47:38 pm »

By the way, is the ☼rutile cap☼ still there? Has anyone been able to get someone to wear it?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 144