Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 437860 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1905 on: December 07, 2015, 09:34:00 pm »

Given the current FPS, i think that the thread needs a new title.  Besides, we've had this one for a while now.

My suggestion:  MountainHome DoomForests  (Yes, I am bad with names)
I like ''Doomforests: Baffling monarchy edition''

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: December 07, 2015, 09:47:05 pm »

Given the current FPS, i think that the thread needs a new title.  Besides, we've had this one for a while now.

My suggestion:  MountainHome DoomForests  (Yes, I am bad with names)
I like ''Doomforests: Baffling monarchy edition''

Yes, that's much better than my idea.

Instead of posting links to individual years of my archive, how about instead i just post a link to the folder that's holding it, and Drokles puts it in the OP?

At any rate Here's the link:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0yyjT9zt6A_YkQxeXhQajRfZTg

I've started on year 3, expect it up later this week.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 07, 2015, 10:13:22 pm »

By the way, is the ☼rutile cap☼ still there? Has anyone been able to get someone to wear it?
Nah, it's still, there, waiting to be snatched by a 'bold.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 07, 2015, 10:47:01 pm »

Dunno, but I do have a name for the thread:
Relative Peace in Doomforests: We're a Mountainhome Now!?
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 08, 2015, 12:36:19 am »

Dunno, but I do have a name for the thread:
Relative Peace in Doomforests: We're a Mountainhome Now!?
Doomforests: Pimp my Mountainhome Edition.

Journal of Mate the 888th
Well, while the soon to be exorcised Uvash is still working on her misterious proejct, I order the miners to dig deeper and to also grab some of the gold that is found at the very bottom of the staircases, near the magma sea.
Meanwhile, I think I will go see if Drazoth has the plans for the shri--
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh no! A single goblin and a troll! How terrifying! No, wait, five trolls! No, wait... Zero and a goblin.
Hah! They aren't even trying anymore. Maybe I'll let this one shegoblin live. She's an archer, too. Maybe I'll let her come close to the entrance and get trapped in a cage trap. We could put her in Sumntsu's office, get him a friend.
She is ugly as sin, but our dear minister has spent around a decade without speaking to anyone of his species, so maybe they'll get along.
Oh. She left. Oh well, sorry, Smunstu, better luck next siege. I mean, I COULD put the four gobbos caged downstairs in your office, but they are too far away.
Also...
I remember I heard about some miner finding adamantine before melting in magma, but I tought it was all bullshit! This... This is beautiful! I... I'm wondering why nobody has tried to dig this shit up before! I know about the legends of the demons, buried in their adamantine prision, and I also heard the stories on how they can influence the minds of people, making them go insane in suicidal grief or berserk rages. I'll just dig some adamantine, and there is a lot of magma sea under this specific mineral, so I'm pretty sure we are a bunch of vertical urists away from hell.
Also, of course, I know Armok would be displeased if I released the demons, but on the other hand, he DID told me to "make a fucking spectacle!" of my death... Also it's shiny. Sooo shiny...
AAAAAAAAAAH! YES! MINE IT, BEAUTIFUL MINER DWARF! MINE IT, MINE IT! Forget gold! It's beauty and worth pale in comparison to that of adamantine! DIG IT! DIG IT!
Come oooon... Just a couple more strikes with your pick...
Journal of Mate the 893rd
Well, my uncle, the 888th, has been taken to the hospital after the miners found that he was on the ground, shaking and drooling uncontrollably, and also apparently having an orgasm after he touched the adamantine they had dug. He'll be okay, I'll document what happens in the fort in the meantime. Also, it's official: we have adamantine now! Not bad for a city that started as a small frontier outpost in a forest in the middle of nowhere, eh?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:38:49 am by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 08, 2015, 10:47:01 am »

PsychoAngel, you're now on the list.
When it comes to names, it seems a bit strange to change it now, to me, as I'm pretty sure it's been the same since I started reading it. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with changing the name, but it feels odd.
As to the adamantine, well don't worry, mate888, I'm sure we'll survive an encounter with HFS. I've no idea how, but I'm sure we will. Maybe we should wait until Taupe's turn, or would that be greedy of Taupe?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:53:04 am by Sacasco »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1911 on: December 08, 2015, 11:24:10 am »

what is the fps like?

also, confirming my turn request
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 08, 2015, 11:38:05 am »

Don't you bleeding touch the adamantine! I Need it for my turn!

I was also wondering why nobody touched it, does really noone here know the Safe Method?
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 08, 2015, 11:52:16 am »

I considered it, but I didn't want to be that guy. I'll start making menacing spikes for a spike hallway when my turn rolls around.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: December 08, 2015, 10:22:08 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
HOLY MOTHER OF ARMOK WE ARE SO FUCKING RICH
I ordered the metalsmiths to forge a warhammer with some of the recently mined adamantine for me (and the future Head Inquisitor/hammerer) to use. This is so glorious, we may even be able to kit the Constructive Cusps or the Order of the Ale in adamantine weapons and armor! How glorious would be that? And not to mention the sheer amount of uristbucks we would get by selling some of this light blue beauty! And the migrants! They would flock by the hundreds into this new capital city of ours in search for riches! Wich is not necessarily a good thing, but we would get many more haulers, harvesters, holediggers and meatshields, wich is always useful.
The humans have come! Great! They'll tell the world stories of our riches once we sell them exactly one raw adamantine for whatever useless shit they are bringing with them! Also, maybe some wafers, as TechnoXan II and another two dwarves too irrelevant for me to name are now in strand extraction duty.
Although I'm still a bit distrustful of the humans, the ones we trade with come from Mong Desa, wich doesn't seem to be infected by the curse of Nifih. I'll still take precautions, though, and I'll be ready to mobilize the army and kill every single tallfolk in this city if one of them turns. I'm not taking chances. Not now that we have adamantine a queen to protect.
((OOC: Does anyone know how to fix the tileset? I'm using phoebus and the human swordsmen look like kobolds. Maybe I should go to the dark !!FUN!! side of the force and use ASCII?))
Also, I think I'm going to build a small "shelter" of sorts for the miners. Build them some craftdwarf shops so that the adamantine doesn't have to go up hundreds upon hundreds of urists to be extracted into strands. I will not, however, build forges in the mines, as it is extremely tedious, expensive and dangerous. One strike with a pick in the wrong rock and the adamantine miners would be burnt, destroyed and lost forever.
I will build some beds for the miners, maybe a couple of chairs and a table if they want to have a snack, so that they don't stop their invaluable labor of mining adamantine for such menial labors like sleeping or eating or spending time with their families. Maybe I could add a door and a couple of cheap weapons so that if we actually do breach into the circus, the miners can distract the evil creatures from hell while we seal the mines at a safe distance.
Please do something useful...
*sigh*
Not even a very original earring, either. Just the typical "dwarf getting brutally slain by a night troll" engraving we see every day in the walls.
Now, Back to the mines, where I can rest knowing that the miners will probably spend the rest of their natural lifes in, after the construction of the "Miner's Diner" down here.
I'll just stockpile some food and booze there and they'll be set until we run out of tetrahedrite, adamantine and gold.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:44:28 pm by mate888 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 08, 2015, 11:45:27 pm »

When it comes to names, it seems a bit strange to change it now, to me, as I'm pretty sure it's been the same since I started reading it. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with changing the name, but it feels odd.
As to the adamantine, well don't worry, mate888, I'm sure we'll survive an encounter with HFS. I've no idea how, but I'm sure we will. Maybe we should wait until Taupe's turn, or would that be greedy of Taupe?

I'm really good at saving fortresses by unleashing hell, to be honest.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:48:45 pm by Taupe »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 09, 2015, 07:41:02 am »

The thing is, dwarves aren't good at surviving, they are good at barely surviving. Thus, in a situation where a human would die instantly, a dwarf would get out of there alive. Granted, he would lack an arm, a leg and he would be deeply traumatized, but he would be alive. The same can be said for human and dwarven civilizations. Things that would destroy a human city (such as flying snails from hell, demon goats and vampires) would not be able to destroy a dwarven fort. Yes, more half of it would be unusable, and the amount of living dwarves would not be over three, but the fort would still stand.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:44:44 am by mate888 »

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 09, 2015, 03:58:51 pm »

Hi guys!  :D Sorry it has been a while and I will (try) to catch up on RP, but I have been keeping up and about my turn. I am OK with taking a turn if there is a cancellation or something, but my schedule is erratic and I can go a while without free time so if and when I ever get a turn. I might need to stop early, if that is ok then we are good to go on my turn. If not, ah well too bad.  :) Love all the RP by the way guys! I will try to hold my end up!  ;)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 09, 2015, 05:23:23 pm »

The thing is, dwarves aren't good at surviving, they are good at barely surviving. Thus, in a situation where a human would die instantly, a dwarf would get out of there alive. Granted, he would lack an arm, a leg and he would be deeply traumatized, but he would be alive. The same can be said for human and dwarven civilizations. Things that would destroy a human city (such as flying snails from hell, demon goats and vampires) would not be able to destroy a dwarven fort. Yes, more half of it would be unusable, and the amount of living dwarves would not be over three, but the fort would still stand.
...I once drove off a necrothreader invasion at Necrothreat by unleashing hell. There were two dwarves left alive afterwards. I managed to rebuild the fortress from just that.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1919 on: December 09, 2015, 06:08:54 pm »

...I once drove off a necrothreader invasion at Necrothreat by unleashing hell. There were two dwarves left alive afterwards. I managed to rebuild the fortress from just that.
and now im fixing the mess. again, mind you
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 144