Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 447090 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #555 on: July 13, 2015, 12:38:25 am »

The issue does still remain. I tested it today.

Additionally, if you make blood a vapor in the current version, trying to examine it will crash the game outright! o.o
I wasn't able to find it among already reported issues so please go on and report it yourself in the Mantis. Ideally also add a link to save (uploaded zipped region folder at http://dffd.bay12games.com) with some blood vapor that crashes the game on examining.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 13, 2015, 10:16:53 am »

Changing a creature's blood to a gas or a solid, at least in 0.34, will render that creature unable to eat or drink anything. If a solid, everything will be "too hot to eat". If a gas, everything will be "too cold".

Which is a shame, because it's quite cool to see a cloud of blood fly out of people who get cut.
I remember solid blood not working in 0.34.  In 0.40, I was able to give a creature MUD blood (which the game treats as a solid) with no apparent ill effects.  Of course, since they are non-grazer animals they don't really eat anything anyway so the too-hot/too-cold issue might remain.

The issue does still remain. I tested it today.
Thanks, I had a back-burner idea to make a sentient version of the mud-blooded creature, and this bug would complicate things considerably.

Too bad, too, because a creature with mud for blood actually muddies tiles when bleeding.  You know, because hauling water to your farm is much less convenient than luring hostile wild animals there.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 14, 2015, 03:36:51 am »

Necromancers write lots of books. Especially in old worlds. It is almost worth building a library.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 14, 2015, 06:34:50 am »

Necromancers write lots of books. Especially in old worlds. It is almost worth building a library.
Can we do that yet?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 14, 2015, 11:00:56 am »

Can we do that yet?
You can make a big hall, put in some cabinets, tables and chairs and via dumping put some books on those table I guess. Not sure how to make dwarves put something they don't own inside a furniture piece.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 14, 2015, 11:03:10 am »

Carve out a giant shelf system, one book each tile.
One wheel short of a wagon

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 14, 2015, 12:02:24 pm »

Carve out a giant shelf system, one book each tile.
With minecart rails. We have so many books they don't all fit in the shelves but you can order a book from our storage and soon it will be brought to you.

Hmm, that's an idea for a fort: settle near several towers, "mine" books and build a great library with deposit storage.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 14, 2015, 12:04:16 pm »

Like the catacombs of Bookholm, by Walter Moers!

Totally not just advertising that fantastic and hilarious author here.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 15, 2015, 03:00:14 am »

So it turns out if you make necromancer analogues (in this case pyromancers who raise corpses as little fireballs that shoot fire,) and forget the custome creature that they raise corpses as, they default to toads (or at least that was the case for me.)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 15, 2015, 04:24:27 am »

Zombie Fire Toads? I should learn to mod DF.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 15, 2015, 04:41:44 am »

CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION defaults to toads because toads are the first creature in the raws.

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 16, 2015, 02:10:58 pm »

CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION defaults to toads because toads are the first creature in the raws.

Which is also why Toad Leather is the first leather armor type you find in arena.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 18, 2015, 01:11:39 pm »

Critters will run from extremely hot circumstances.

I modded in a giant fire snake, and in the arena, and great fun has been had.

1) It doesnt need to know how to swim because it evaporates so much water that its head stays above water.
2) Critter run from it.  Hostiles will engage it randomly, and then flee as it gets too hot.  Friendlies will move away from it, and flee just as erradicly as hostiles if you take control of the worm and follow them.
3) Armor given to the worm will burn, and the snake will be directly flamable for that period until its armor burns off.
4) Its not very durable, but quite the glass cannon and it immense heat protects it too.  You have to altmove into one tile of it.
5)  Im not sure how well it spreads flames.  At least in the arena.  Its quite random?
6) I'm not sure If I can get the body to melt after, or otherwise dissipate.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 18, 2015, 02:27:52 pm »

6) I'm not sure If I can get the body to melt after, or otherwise dissipate.
Use a CORPSE_ITEM that melts/boils at room temperature.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2015, 03:23:21 pm »

Thanks, I had a back-burner idea to make a sentient version of the mud-blooded creature, and this bug would complicate things considerably.

Too bad, too, because a creature with mud for blood actually muddies tiles when bleeding.  You know, because hauling water to your farm is much less convenient than luring hostile wild animals there.

Actually, I did some more (accidental) tests with solid blood. Creatures with solid blood appear to be able to eat plants and nothing else. I'm not sure if they can drink water, but they can drink booze.

Rather odd.

And they will absolutely not eat meat.

So if you're willing to risk whatever bizarre nuances are bound to happen, you could probably create an entirely vegan civilization by making their blood solid. Dunno how crash-prone that might make things, but I know for certain that if blood is still inside the creatures in question, the save's raws can be harmlessly edited if you change your mind.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 148