Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 148

Author Topic: Trivial findings  (Read 446197 times)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial findings
« Reply #2040 on: September 15, 2021, 11:43:10 am »

If you don't have enough beds in your hospital, patients can share a bed.
(I have 11 resting in one bed, and they stay there even after other beds become available.)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 15, 2021, 06:28:57 pm »

If they have a blood borne syndrome any bleeding on each other will result in the syndrome spreading amongst everyone sharing the bed. It would also depend on the syndrome being contact spread
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 15, 2021, 08:03:30 pm »

If you don't have enough beds in your hospital, patients can share a bed.
(I have 11 resting in one bed, and they stay there even after other beds become available.)
I wonder if there's any consequence for patients sharing beds, this could be a new breakthrough that helps on saving wood and space, two very important resources in this game.

I think they all appear to get to drink out of the same bucket when it comes around and they're in the same hospital bed (it doesn't appear to return to the well between patients taking a drink like it has when they are all in seperate beds). So faster and more efficient room service. But slower medical help, as every time it's happened to me, they have recovered more slowly than the dorfs in a seperate bed. More experimentation needed, that said, as all too often I'm in a situation where I need to quarantine my hospitalisations due to werebeast infections.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: September 15, 2021, 09:38:40 pm »

Suddenly an express way to vampirize people from a well emerges...

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 16, 2021, 04:04:37 am »

What I noticed with hospitals when there is not enough beds, dwarfs were brought to the closest tile of the hospital zone and left there in a pile of dwarf. If there was a bed in that tile, it might appear that they were all put in the same bed.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: September 16, 2021, 04:24:39 am »

In my case, the hospital has 10 beds in private rooms. All beds became full, then the next time I checked the hospital, 9 beds were empty (patients recovered, I assume) but the furthest bed from the hospital door still had 11 patients in it with "rest" jobs.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 17, 2021, 01:51:53 pm »

Elves get mad and leave if you try to sell them a papyrus quire.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: September 17, 2021, 03:50:21 pm »

If a tile is heated from below and wet because there is water nearby the tile will be described as "warm damp" when you hover over it. However when just looking at the graphics while doing the digging designation (in ASCII) it only shows up as warm.

I found out because I just managed to dig straight into pressurised water (dug into a cavern that was previously unknown to me)

Always double check, I guess.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 17, 2021, 06:26:48 pm »

Elves get mad and leave if you try to sell them a papyrus quire.
Yes, since it was made with plants or plant products, which they don’t like.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 18, 2021, 01:02:57 am »

Trivial finding: Dwarves spend too much time in temples.

Irl people only go to church once a week.

Half my fort is idleing in my temples at any given time, and it's slowing down jobs.

Also, Anyone else noticed the lack of moss spred lately?

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #2050 on: September 18, 2021, 02:12:17 am »

They seem to take no issue with harvested plants (i.e. plant corpses) or cloth made of plants.  On a more technical level, papyrus sheets directly use the papyrus sedge structural material and as such shouldn't have any additional tokens that upset the elves.

My guess is it may have been decorated with wood, or used a wooden roller.  Perhaps the random roller can be made of wood?

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 18, 2021, 03:11:31 am »

They seem to take no issue with harvested plants (i.e. plant corpses) or cloth made of plants.  On a more technical level, papyrus sheets directly use the papyrus sedge structural material and as such shouldn't have any additional tokens that upset the elves.

My guess is it may have been decorated with wood, or used a wooden roller.  Perhaps the random roller can be made of wood?

If it's a quire, then it's just a sheet of paper, and can't be improved, so there shouldn't be anything in it except the papyrus.

and I thought the elves only got upset with wooden products, not plant products in general ?

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 18, 2021, 04:50:38 am »

.....and I thought the elves only got upset with wooden products, not plant products in general ?
Yep, I've sold them apples, cherries, hemp bags full of apricot pits, strawberry wine and vegetable roasts (in elf-friendly stone containers) so yeah, they don't usually care about plant products, just care about wood products, as far as I know.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #2053 on: September 18, 2021, 07:15:52 am »

Maybe the quire was a manual on carpentry.  ;)

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 18, 2021, 04:43:03 pm »

Somehow, I have 9 [water] stored somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 148