Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: [Released] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS  (Read 126316 times)

Leelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Released] Dwarf Fortress Remote for iOS
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2016, 05:11:26 pm »

Hi again Mifki,

Where is the best place to post suggestions? It would be nice to have a search / filter on the goods for the trade depot.  Even with my small fortress it's hard to find finished goods bins for trade amongst all the crap that fortress has accrued.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2016, 05:17:39 pm »

Hi again Mifki,

Where is the best place to post suggestions? It would be nice to have a search / filter on the goods for the trade depot.  Even with my small fortress it's hard to find finished goods bins for trade amongst all the crap that fortress has accrued.

There is search already, drag the list down.

Leelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2016, 06:50:24 pm »

Looks like you've covered just about everything in your app :), nice that the search is there already, makes a big difference.  I've run the /swp command successfully now, but had to change permissions on the Volumes directory to access the saves via WINSCP.  Looks like I'm properly up and running on a *free* (time limited) geographically close cloud server now.  Thanks Mifki, again, it's awesome to be able to play Dwarf Fortress from anywhere :).  You need to get the word out more, the only reason I even noticed it was available was by looking in the forums for something completely different.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2016, 07:15:30 pm »

Looks like you've covered just about everything in your app :), nice that the search is there already, makes a big difference.  I've run the /swp command successfully now, but had to change permissions on the Volumes directory to access the saves via WINSCP.  Looks like I'm properly up and running on a *free* (time limited) geographically close cloud server now.  Thanks Mifki, again, it's awesome to be able to play Dwarf Fortress from anywhere :).  You need to get the word out more, the only reason I even noticed it was available was by looking in the forums for something completely different.

That's great.
Well, there are number of unfinished things and bugs actually, so feel free to post anything you find here or via the feedback function in the app.
Yeah, I need to. Not very good at that.

Isaacc7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2016, 11:18:41 am »

There's someone asking about it in the main playthrough forum, maybe chatting about it there could help with awareness.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156292.0

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »

I've asked this at the beginning of the thread but let me ask it again now that the work is done.

Could this "technology" be used to prepare a completely new interface for PC/Linux/Mac and play the game through it?

Will you do that?  :D
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2016, 04:14:24 pm »

I've asked this at the beginning of the thread but let me ask it again now that the work is done.

Could this "technology" be used to prepare a completely new interface for PC/Linux/Mac and play the game through it?

Will you do that?  :D

Yes, it can.
No, I wasn't going to. Not sure what exactly you want to do with the UI, but I'm personally quite happy with the keyboard-oriented original interface. So I just have neither ideas, nor time.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 29, 2016, 01:11:01 pm »

cloud at cost has a 80% discount running for some hours yet with coupon TAKE80

it's extremely cheap, don't expect huge performance, but it's a one time payment forever, which is nice.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #234 on: February 29, 2016, 03:46:01 pm »

it's extremely cheap, don't expect huge performance, but it's a one time payment forever, which is nice.

I couldn't find a single good review of their service, only complaints, so I don't recommend.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 29, 2016, 04:52:45 pm »

I couldn't find a single good review of their service, only complaints, so I don't recommend.
I got too hasty. Spent 7$ for a "lifetime server". Maybe i'll have something to run my "fetch these pages and make them into ebooks" script on.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 29, 2016, 05:03:43 pm »

well, ran on it a blightfall server, a factorio server, an empyrion server and more and while their customer support is rubbish, the servers do work as advertised. you can check the threads and apart from blightfall (for which I didn't had enough memory to run it properly) noone ever complained about lag. now, DF being cpu intensive as it is, don't expect it to run exceptionally well, of course. but at that price it's better than many 'free' tiers.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2016, 10:38:33 pm »

I wish you all the luck with that.

Getting performance acceptable won't be easy.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »

I wish you all the luck with that.

Getting performance acceptable won't be easy.

Thank you. It'll be fine:)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22