Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5927939 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3105 on: May 24, 2010, 02:53:15 pm »

I never use magma or breach it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What? You use magma? I never needed magma. I prefer mining for precious coal and clear-cutting trees for charcoal.

Mmmm, charcoal...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:15 pm »

The elves came. They brought me lots pf curious animals. Among them a tigerman (tigerwoman, actually), who's adequate in spearmanship, shield using armour using, fighting, dodging and observing. And also a grizzly bear, rhesus macaque, buzzard, mountain goat, vulture, elephant, giant leopard, elk, donkey, muskox and black bear.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3107 on: May 24, 2010, 04:46:24 pm »

What's going on in my fortress?  Lemme check--oh wait, that's right, I no longer have a fortress.  I had my guys digging out a moat to surround my fabulous watchtower, but I didn't pay enough attention to where the channels were going.  They broke right through my kitchen ceiling, pouring thousands of gallons of water into the fortress in a matter of seconds.  The channels were also hooked up the nearby brook, so the water never subsided.  Fortunately, most of my dwarves escaped to the surface, but the river has claimed all 14 z-levels of the fort now.  Barring some sort of ludicrous, convoluted and incredibly time-consuming pumping operation, my fort shall remain underwater for eternity. 

Such a Dwarf Fortress moment.  Goddammit.

Care to send me the save file? I wanna see if I can recover it.
I can even imagine...

Djohaal fort managers inc. You fuck up the fort, we fix it for you!  :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: May 24, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »

I never use magma or breach it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What? You use magma? I never needed magma. I prefer mining for precious coal and clear-cutting trees for charcoal.

Mmmm, charcoal...

You don't use magma just to run the smelters, silly! That's just a bonus! You use magma to dump on the elves when they complain about the deforestation caused by all your logging!
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: May 24, 2010, 07:06:47 pm »

you don't DUMP magma on elves. you fire it from an orbital weapons platform! (aka floored over highest level with floor hatches)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 24, 2010, 07:18:54 pm »

Genned what is seriously the most perfectest site ever. Somehow, the layer of low z mountains surrounding the deep gray triangle mountains got eroded away, so I did a 16x16 embark on a named mountain, with a brook running through it, and a heavily forested sandy area that was terrifying. 49 z levels from peak top to the forest. The brook is on the forest level. 49 z level sheer walls to play with,  plus all the underground fun. Right now, I'm building on a jutting out section, where the brook did a horseshoe bend. I've got a tall watchtower overlooking several levels of bridges back and forth across the gap, and I'm working on a pump stack to bring the brook up about 30 levels to some farming zones. 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: May 24, 2010, 07:34:20 pm »

...Huh. Well, ironically, after figuring out 31.xx's military, it seems that I now can't get 23a's military to work. My military of approximately 5 bowdorfs and 5 axedorfs got wiped out by a 24-goblin siege because my axedorfs couldn't get to the fight in time. Why? Because they were intercepted by a herd of stray cows. It's a conspiracy. Trust no-one.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: May 24, 2010, 07:57:55 pm »

My first real nobles of this fort *baron, baroness consort, hammerman, tax collector* just arrived.  Considering whether to feed them to the dragon now, or wait until they actually do something terrible.  One thing's for sure- I'm not giving any of them rooms. 

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: May 24, 2010, 08:41:48 pm »

assuming the locked door behind a locked door is enough to prevent building destroyers from pathing still With a lot of luck Craftedfaiths should live through the season...

if not...

then we will be destroyed by the sizable Goblin siege...

37 Invaders, 14 marksgoblins, 15 Lashers, a Swordsgoblin, and 7 trolls of varying professions.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:44:49 pm by lanceleoghauni »
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Vengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: May 24, 2010, 08:43:42 pm »

I started constructing a magmatrap for invaders without realizing that I don't have any magma-safe materials to build my floodgates out of :(

Maybe I'll switch to retracting bridges to drop the bastards into magma with, but then I won't get their loot...

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: May 24, 2010, 08:46:37 pm »

Luckily my artifact warhammer in the weapon trap seemed to do a good blow. still several uninjured trolls...

Edit: and now a forgotten beast.

Truly My fortress is DOOMED.

EditEdit: I've lost 30 Dwarves, most of the trolls are dead. the Entire platoon of Bow Goblins is cutting my rag tag militia to pieces. Hopefully they will run out of arrows soon.

Down from just over a hundred to 29 dwarves, most of them children. I'm thinking this means there is no longer any hope.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:18:06 pm by lanceleoghauni »

*Mayor facepalms*

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: May 24, 2010, 10:05:38 pm »

The Reclamation Force has been dispatched.

*Mayor facepalms*

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: May 24, 2010, 10:15:06 pm »

Genned what is seriously the most perfectest site ever. Somehow, the layer of low z mountains surrounding the deep gray triangle mountains got eroded away, so I did a 16x16 embark on a named mountain, with a brook running through it, and a heavily forested sandy area that was terrifying. 49 z levels from peak top to the forest. The brook is on the forest level. 49 z level sheer walls to play with,  plus all the underground fun. Right now, I'm building on a jutting out section, where the brook did a horseshoe bend. I've got a tall watchtower overlooking several levels of bridges back and forth across the gap, and I'm working on a pump stack to bring the brook up about 30 levels to some farming zones.
O_O How is that even possible?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: May 24, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »

I wish my computer could run a 16x16 embark. 4x4 in this version is a force of nature on it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: May 24, 2010, 11:00:26 pm »

reclamation force annihilated.

*Mayor facepalms*

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 3838