Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 845490 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread , Now with meaningless poll!
« Reply #2911 on: December 10, 2016, 11:40:56 pm »

Yea, a Paizo-Published Adventure Path for Pathfinder.

There've been a few curveballs in Paizo adventures at times, but this is the worst I've seen.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: December 10, 2016, 11:57:00 pm »

Sounds like you should either be sleeping in shifts, or take a race that only meditates rather than sleeps.

Of course you shouldn't need to do that sort of thing in a friendly city at all, but still...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: December 11, 2016, 12:07:44 am »

Sounds like you should either be sleeping in shifts, or take a race that only meditates rather than sleeps.

Of course you shouldn't need to do that sort of thing in a friendly city at all, but still...

Sleeping in shifts is normal in hostile territory, but we had our own separate rooms in the inn. Some of us actually lived in the town, so we had our own houses to sleep in, meaning we more or less were alone with our attackers during this encounter.

To my knowledge, the "Elves only meditate, not sleep" thing isn't in Pathfinder. It was dropped in the conversion from 3.5, but you could play as a Wyrwood (construct) or a Ghoran (plant). Not likely to get those OK'd by your DM though.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:07:11 am by BlackFlyme »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: December 11, 2016, 12:11:05 am »

I'm going to run a message-based Pathfinder campaign with some IRL friends (pen-and-paper would be difficult and I don't have computer access regularly enough for Roll20 or the like) soon. It's low-level; the basic premise is the PCs all meet in a local hamlet which is regularly set upon by kobolds and the local militia leader asks them to go murder them, as you do. PCs track down the kobold's hideout and begin murdering but once they reach the big powerful chieftain, they (hopefully) listen to his story:

Everything the militia captain told them is BS. The kobolds worship/are descended from a local metallic dragon and are relatively chill dudes, but the militia captain is extremely racist against them. He framed (and has been doing so for quite some time) the kobolds for robbing the town and killing livestock at night, and before the PCs came, orchestrated a mass kobold hunt for miles around; nobody in town had real reason to disbelieve him, after all.  I really like this idea and I think I can get a few sessions out of it. Any suggestions?
Black lives matter.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: December 11, 2016, 12:37:45 am »

'The real monster is humanity' stories are a bit overrated in my opinion. We've got a world where demons literally spawn from hell to suck your soul out for eternal torment. Detecting evil is a simple first level spell away. Hell, if your group has a Paladin, you're gonna find the NPC backstory you've just set up can be destroyed from the outset by their SLA.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: December 11, 2016, 12:51:05 am »

SLA?

I hear you, but I'm really only doing it because I think it's a cruel twist. Any meaning deeper than "haha, you got tricked into murdering innocents" is beyond me. :P Plus I don't think they're going to want to cast it on the militia leader and I planned to get them straight into kobold murdering anyway, without a lot of time for deliberation.
Black lives matter.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: December 11, 2016, 12:57:26 am »

Spell-Like Abilities. Like Spells, but not.

Though depending on your system of choice, the power required to trigger a response on Detect X spells will vary.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: December 11, 2016, 01:04:33 am »

SLA?

I hear you, but I'm really only doing it because I think it's a cruel twist. Any meaning deeper than "haha, you got tricked into murdering innocents" is beyond me. :P Plus I don't think they're going to want to cast it on the militia leader and I planned to get them straight into kobold murdering anyway, without a lot of time for deliberation.

I had a similar setup, but it was definitely for a reason; I wanted to break "race" stereotypes real quick-like and delve into deeper topics beyond "goblins are evil and aasimar are good" for Fun reasons.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: December 11, 2016, 08:35:39 pm »

I've seen that
That must have been so much fun for the DM
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: December 11, 2016, 08:49:09 pm »

Good concept, much better way to trick the players into committing evil. Hadn't read that one before, but kudos to the DM if it's actually a true story.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: December 11, 2016, 10:15:34 pm »

;~;
Black lives matter.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: December 12, 2016, 11:58:13 am »

Just looking to poll interest a bit, but I'm currently creating a Pathfinder level 3-10/12 campaign for some real life friends.  The plan is to play it on roll 20 with mostly text gameplay, though I can guarantee me and one other person will be using voice chat for out of character chatter.  I currently have one dedicated player and two others who have shown some interest but I'd like it if the party was more around a 5 person size so I plan on trying to get some new people in here for the fun times.

The story-line will start off with the players becoming trapped in an ancient kingdom that sealed itself off with powerful magics, leaving the valley it was situated in to fade away into myth for the people of the outside world.  The end goal would be for the player-party to find a way to escape from the ancient kingdom but I am not going to rail-road you towards that goal, so you'd be free to explore the lost lands as you see fit.

If anyone is interested in joining or following along with the game, let me know and I'll make a thread for it with more details/story in the coming weeks.  Playtime would likely run 2-4 hours, either weekly or bi-weekly and my hopes is to have the story over and done in 10-20 sessions, so you have an idea what sort of commitment it would be.  What time of the day we play is very open to discussion as I don't work at all in the winter, and the one dedicated player I have works nights (in USA east) so he said he'll wake up/stay up for any time of the day.
Nom nom nom

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: December 12, 2016, 12:08:33 pm »

Well, I'm interested, but somebody's probably going to have to help me through the sheet.  :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 623