Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 849103 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #7785 on: March 11, 2020, 07:58:22 am »

I have found myself in a Dungeon Fantasy (Powered by GURPS) game set in the Darkest Dungeon universe. My favorite joke GURPS character, stripped of the jokes, should fit right in.

Arise, Food Mage MKII.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: March 11, 2020, 11:36:18 am »

I had a thought today that they should have called the worse version of the Star Wars RPG "R2D20."

I was glad to see someone had already made that joke online.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: March 11, 2020, 11:48:45 am »

The D6 version really was superior.  As long as you didn't do things like try to mix scales, where you could easily end up with even humans who were tougher than snow speeders.

I have found myself in a Dungeon Fantasy (Powered by GURPS) game set in the Darkest Dungeon universe. My favorite joke GURPS character, stripped of the jokes, should fit right in.

Arise, Food Mage MKII.

I've been trying to run a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game for some friends, but it's been difficult to get off the ground.  Depending on how strictly you track things like supplies, a food mage could be pretty useful.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: March 11, 2020, 12:17:31 pm »

Arise, Food Mage MKII.

I've been trying to run a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game for some friends, but it's been difficult to get off the ground.  Depending on how strictly you track things like supplies, a food mage could be pretty useful.

Agreed on getting a GURPS thing started.

I have been challenged to not select Create Food. So it's not exactly hard mode, but I can no longer turn rocks into sustenance or rotten zombie flesh into filet mignon. I'll also be missing out on Essential Food down the line but we'll make do.

Still, being able to Seek Food instead of foraging like a peasant is great. Being able to cast Prepare Game and dissect a body into its constituent parts instead of going at it with a dagger like a barbarian is also great and eliminates the problem of accidentally puncturing poison glands or whatever.

Given how spell choices work in DF, the majority of my spells will be non-food-themed. I'll still be slinging fireballs, raising magical shields, and doing whatever else wizards do.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:21:28 pm by Mephisto »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: March 11, 2020, 04:32:10 pm »

Ugh, my group is hitting a snag. The finale of a section is coming up and nobody wants to do it with somebody missing, but very rarely is everybody free, even on scheduled days. And they all have terrible computers that are constantly broken or missing parts.

I don't want to be the one to suggest it since we're already a few weeks off-schedule, but at least one person has offered that they'd be okay if we did it without them.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: March 11, 2020, 05:18:27 pm »

Ugh, my group is hitting a snag. The finale of a section is coming up and nobody wants to do it with somebody missing, but very rarely is everybody free, even on scheduled days. And they all have terrible computers that are constantly broken or missing parts.

I don't want to be the one to suggest it since we're already a few weeks off-schedule, but at least one person has offered that they'd be okay if we did it without them.
I know what this is like. Two of my five players were sick and we had to call off the game last Friday. I'm really hoping nobody flakes out on me this week, because the previous game had one player away, and resulted in the near-death of a character due to their lack of backup.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: March 16, 2020, 01:04:05 am »

So, gonna be doing a Tiamat game.
I'm running a cleric, and curious for some goofy or good cleric builds.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: March 16, 2020, 01:30:17 am »

Grave Cleric (Xanathar's, I think) basically are the "no one in this party will ever die" guys. Fun if you can convince your DM to let you reskin your weapon as a shovel.

Life Cleric's flat healing boost is nuts. If you get a feat and pick up goodberry you have some broken heals at early levels.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: March 16, 2020, 01:43:55 am »

Or you can grab just enough life cleric to grab the healing boost, and then switch to lore bard and grab the paladin's healing aura at a lower level and with more spell slots than that spell was intended for.

Higher level than goodberry, or course, but it's pretty sick.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: March 16, 2020, 10:07:12 am »

Forge clerics can get absurd AC and one or two level dip fighter for an extra AC through fighting styles (and/or a little more damage through a martial weapon or dueling fighting style). Combined with cleric spells providing on-demand healing or good damage, you're a tank.

My forge cleric1/fighter 1 has an AC of 20 while in chain mail, and that's only going to go up as she levels and gets better armour (and especially if she finds any magic armour).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: March 16, 2020, 10:23:13 am »

If you're gonna dip fighter for 1 level, you're gonna dip fighter for 2 levels. Action surge is just way, way too good.

For cleric-dipping (does that count as baptism?) shenanigans, I'm also a fan of Tempest Cleric 2/Druid of the Land (mountain) 5... For their ability to lay down a maxed lightning bolt 7 character levels before an Evoker Wizard can.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: March 17, 2020, 09:40:03 am »

I am starting to have too much downtime, and need to start gaming again.

Anyone want to brainstorm over-arching plots for Shadowrun? Anyone interested in learning to GM Shadowrun? If there's enough interest, I'll start a new thread in Other Games to keep from clogging this place up.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: March 17, 2020, 10:02:10 am »

All of my ideas are probably too close to current events at the moment to be fun.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: March 17, 2020, 10:22:36 am »

All of my ideas are probably too close to current events at the moment to be fun.

Yeah, I try to keep only the best news stories for that. When too much un-entertaining present stuff is in my head, I just zone out with a heist movie.

Edit: It's the longer plots that are a sticking point for me, which is why I'm not running a game right now. I could just re-use the plot from the last campaign I ran with different characters and runs, but that seems too lazy (because it was somewhat designed with the PCs in mind). Also, it's already written up online, which could undermine the "what was actually going on" reveal.

Edit2: Honestly, I'd probably settle for Heroquest right now.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 10:29:27 pm by Iduno »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: March 19, 2020, 03:00:51 pm »

What a time to be a gamer. All this week, companies have been giving away or massively discounting their games.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 623