Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334345 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3375 on: March 14, 2017, 11:46:35 pm »

How's the poor little engine spirit?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3376 on: March 17, 2017, 04:45:12 pm »

How's the poor little engine spirit?
Xan grabbed him before his little pyrotechnic display so he's fine.

Preen for a bit and check my stab wounds. Does it seem like I could potentially fly again? Being grounded is all kinds of ass, have to say. How do these other idiots stand it?
Your wounds do look better. You think you could fly; nothing too strenuous but you could do it.

A stadium full of eyeballs or an eyeball the size of a stadium, it's all the same to me. Sebastian sits down stretches really good, and begins cleaning his left rear leg, paying careful attention to the foot, doing that chewing thing cats sometimes do to the space between their toes.
The eye stares at you for a good few moments before the arm lowers. Or maybe the eye just moves up? Hard to say. But the body here is starting to move in a big way so it might be good to figure out how to hold on.

Right, quickly now. Use Dionne's body as fuel to revive my cultists. Rebirth through flame and all that.
One dead body to revive a bunch of dead cultists? Last time you did this it was one living body to save one critically injured person.

You sure you wanna try this?

Alright. Cross over into Dead Silence.
You walk through the cloudwall and find yourself on a gray plain. The ground is gray and as smooth and featureless as glass, but you can tell that it is bowing inward slightly. Its like you're on the edge of an enormous bowl with very gradual slope. The sky above looks like tv static. You try to stare out into the distance but its like the world becomes unfocused if you look more than a hundred or so feet away. Everything is dead silent.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: March 17, 2017, 04:51:55 pm »

Let's alter that somewhat then, on account of the You're Being A Dumbass With Magic alarm ringing.

Attempt to use Dionne's body, along with 3/4 of the cultist bodies to revive the remaining cultists. I think there were 12 of the buggers, so that'd be 10 bodies including Dionne to rez 3. Mayhaps that'd not catastrophically murder me?
Actually, I recall there being a book on blood rituals in the warbeast somewhere. Check around for that first and skim through it to see if there's any tips on this sort of thing. If I can't find it or it's burninated, then I'll just go through with my plan.

Spoiler: Xankarvo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:06:39 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: March 17, 2017, 04:55:51 pm »

What's going on over by the mountain in the meantime? Mingle with the residents if there are any, see what they make of all this nonsense.

If anybody asks, I'm not with Xan over there. If anybody points out that clearly I am, say that I was kidnapped and almost sold into a lifetime of bird slavery.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: March 17, 2017, 05:21:40 pm »

Figure out how to hold on? I am a cat in a liquid octopus. Holding on is what got me here to begin with. I just continue to do that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: March 18, 2017, 01:30:07 am »

((Is party splitting? It sounds like party is splitting.))

Assist Xankarvo! It's least I can do. Maybe his strength rubs on me a bit.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: March 18, 2017, 03:36:21 am »

Watch the fire man do his fire thang.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3382 on: March 19, 2017, 10:26:20 am »

Watch the fire man do his fire thang.
((Is party splitting? It sounds like party is splitting.))

Assist Xankarvo! It's least I can do. Maybe his strength rubs on me a bit.
Let's alter that somewhat then, on account of the You're Being A Dumbass With Magic alarm ringing.

Attempt to use Dionne's body, along with 3/4 of the cultist bodies to revive the remaining cultists. I think there were 12 of the buggers, so that'd be 10 bodies including Dionne to rez 3. Mayhaps that'd not catastrophically murder me?
Actually, I recall there being a book on blood rituals in the warbeast somewhere. Check around for that first and skim through it to see if there's any tips on this sort of thing. If I can't find it or it's burninated, then I'll just go through with my plan.

Spoiler: Xankarvo (click to show/hide)
[4]
You find the book. Its a bit burned, but you can still read most of it. In terms of resurrection, it recommends using living people but says that the ratio for corpses to living is roughly 3 to 1, so long as they're fresh.

Figure out how to hold on? I am a cat in a liquid octopus. Holding on is what got me here to begin with. I just continue to do that.
[5] apparently thats good enough.

What's going on over by the mountain in the meantime? Mingle with the residents if there are any, see what they make of all this nonsense.

If anybody asks, I'm not with Xan over there. If anybody points out that clearly I am, say that I was kidnapped and almost sold into a lifetime of bird slavery.

Over at the mountain, the ground is starting to open up. And not just a little hole, the ground is falling away like a sink hole. A sink hole whose edge is rapidly approaching the downed warbeast and most of the group.

Ampersand declined. Who is next?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: March 19, 2017, 10:28:02 am »

"I say, it looks like the earth is about to eat you lot. Might want to move, good fellows!"

Try flying away from the sinkhole.

In fact, start flying (low to the ground, with breaks every now and then) and keep going in the direction that Hyenakles did. Westward, I believe! Out into the Dead Silence!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:47:24 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: March 19, 2017, 10:45:02 am »

"SEA MONSTERS!!"

Run for it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: March 19, 2017, 11:46:12 am »

Good, my intuition was right. Commence revival at ratios previously established!

Spoiler: Xanny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:49:46 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: March 19, 2017, 11:47:55 am »

"Giant antlion!"

Stick around Xankarvo and drag him away if it starts look like he will be eaten by ground.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: March 19, 2017, 11:50:12 am »

((Oh bugger, didn't see that bit.))
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: March 19, 2017, 05:16:23 pm »

Wooooohhhhoooooooooooo~~~ Ride the underground giant mutant to Glory! Make a spectacular entrance when we emerge into the light of whatever passes for day in this hell!

((I mean, not that riding a thing the size of a mountain isn't spectacular enough, but Sebastian wants to be seen doing it, right?))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: March 20, 2017, 12:36:33 am »

((Sorry, didn't really have Internet access over the weekend. Here, I'll just paste in the whole waitlist. Tomasque is next up, UXLZ second, and so on.))
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

"Well, this is unsettling." Hyenakles remarks out loud. "But hey, I'll take unsettling over terrifying any day."

Begin the long trek northwest, towards the border to Black Sun Cult. In leu of bread crumbs, periodically tear tufts of fur from my cloak, and drop them them at my feet. Try not to use this alone time to contemplate the apparent probability that my allies are all dead and I am all alone in this god forsaken hell and oh god what will I do next I'm going to die I'm going to die hrhghghakldsgalkjf
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 241