Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334427 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3390 on: March 20, 2017, 12:34:08 pm »

Post coming today after some studying.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3391 on: March 20, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »

"I say, it looks like the earth is about to eat you lot. Might want to move, good fellows!"

Try flying away from the sinkhole.

In fact, start flying (low to the ground, with breaks every now and then) and keep going in the direction that Hyenakles did. Westward, I believe! Out into the Dead Silence!

Hyenankles went into the Idol henge and then toward dead silence, so we'll have you fly out to idol henge and then follow him. For sake of speed and not triple splitting the party, we'll say you catch up with him.

((Sorry, didn't really have Internet access over the weekend. Here, I'll just paste in the whole waitlist. Tomasque is next up, UXLZ second, and so on.))
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

"Well, this is unsettling." Hyenakles remarks out loud. "But hey, I'll take unsettling over terrifying any day."

Begin the long trek northwest, towards the border to Black Sun Cult. In leu of bread crumbs, periodically tear tufts of fur from my cloak, and drop them them at my feet. Try not to use this alone time to contemplate the apparent probability that my allies are all dead and I am all alone in this god forsaken hell and oh god what will I do next I'm going to die I'm going to die hrhghghakldsgalkjf
You and bird heading toward the black sun cult eh? Well, let me see. Thats a fair distance from here. Are you gonna go straight, passing through a fairly inner section of the dead silence, or are you gonna go around the edge, which takes longer?

"SEA MONSTERS!!"

Run for it.
You run into idol henge and safety.

Good, my intuition was right. Commence revival at ratios previously established!

Spoiler: Xanny (click to show/hide)
"Giant antlion!"

Stick around Xankarvo and drag him away if it starts look like he will be eaten by ground.
[4]
Xan, through the combustion of nearly all the dead, manages to revive 3 cultists. Well, 2 and a half; the third one seems kind of damaged. Probably due to the fact that he doesn't have a head.

Out of the still expanding hole in the ground rises the arm you set on fire, with that fucking cat thing still riding it. And then another arm comes out. And then 3 more until their shared shoulder starts to rise out. Even with a hole this big, easily a half mile across, the shoulder is the most that the giant creature can poke out. But those 5 arms seem more than enough to deal with you.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: March 20, 2017, 01:59:05 pm »

Hyenakles is cautious, but not that cautious. Go straight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: March 20, 2017, 02:02:47 pm »

Regroup!  Run Dino Fast!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: March 20, 2017, 02:34:52 pm »

"I say, Hyenakles me old boy, this place is a bit toss, innit?"

Stick close to the hyena and keep a sharp birdy eye out for any kind of existential threat.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: March 20, 2017, 03:00:01 pm »

nnnnnnnggh have to deciding whether to try for warbeast or run or fight somehow
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: March 20, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »

Hyenakles twitches, visibly startled, and peers up at Mr. Bird.

"You're alive? What, did you just follow my example and make a, ah, a tactical retreat, or...?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: March 20, 2017, 03:27:34 pm »

"Less a tactical retreat and more a tentative resignation is what I would call it, dear Hyenakles. Frankly I'd had enough of following some mad bastard around on some kind of odd little quest and the giant thing beneath the mountain dropped the warbeast on the ground from a great height and it seemed quite buggered, so that was the only real advantage of being around the lunatics that evaporated there and then. I figure my time would be better spent finding another bird."

"How about you? I must admit I'm a tad unclear on what your motivation in all this is, preservation of deer shanks aside."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: March 20, 2017, 03:30:16 pm »

Haul ass to the warbeast, which is apparently still alive, if on fire and kinda fucked up. But I am the fire wizard, so that doesn't matter. Get my cultists to run with me. Zigzag, be a moving target and such.

The warbeast is near the cloud wall so it's also a good exit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: March 20, 2017, 03:58:18 pm »

"Screw it, fuck this hell."

Be tiny and unimportant. Head over to the Cemaic Empire!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: March 20, 2017, 04:04:28 pm »

"Xankarvo and John- the deer-headed one who'd mostly been staring off into space of late, not the one who got himself turned into a pepper- picked me up way back in a little town called Slencville. I say picked me up- we basically ended up in the same getaway vehicle after some creepy ghost fuckers showed up and started yanking people's bones out of their bodies. I've kinda just stuck around since then because, well, there's relative safety in numbers. Although I don't know that I felt too safe traveling with our latest, erm, numbers- no offense, but most of our party was not exactly combat ready.

I never really got in on the whole pact thing, but I would like to find this First Heaven eventually. If only so I can give God a piece of my mind."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: March 20, 2017, 04:13:03 pm »

"Wouldn't be a terrible idea to get there eventually, I suppose. If not now, then possibly in the next life. Not that I'd have much to say to whatever elder thing might roost there, I'd imagine it's too busy being the yawning, idiot hole in the center of the multiverse to be bothered by the likes of you and I."

"Honestly, I'd say stuff the very idea of an epic quest. It'd serve tossers like the wizard right if we came upon the wellspring of existence by complete accident while cruising for biologically compatible animals of loose morals."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: March 20, 2017, 04:33:20 pm »

"How do you feel about invertebrates?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: March 20, 2017, 04:45:10 pm »

"That depends, I could possibly go for squid. If I get the slightest whiff of chitin, however, I'm out of there before you can say 'traumatic insemination'."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: March 20, 2017, 07:02:51 pm »

Hey! Where is everyone going? Show's not over! We haven't collected our fee yet!"

Say the above. Hmm, I guess Sebastian will wait for an opportunity to hop down into a relatively stable and safe location - toward the group, more or less. He will, of course, continue to yammer at teh arms and the ghost people about our fee.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 241