Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220550 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #510 on: August 02, 2015, 04:12:19 am »

Well, "reload" in this case means put a new 20-pound tube on a tripod. A horseman might carry a couple.

Yeah, "replace" might be the better verb to use :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 02, 2015, 04:37:34 am »

You forgot to tell us if we've made advances in the sky.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 02, 2015, 04:38:38 am »

No he covered that, he said things are starting to go our way.  (glory to arstotzka)
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 02, 2015, 04:47:32 am »

Question : As they stole our aluminum industry, does that mean they need to utilize a revision to actually utilize it without incurring additional cost due to metric requirement?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 02, 2015, 04:55:09 am »

What's the situation with their Mountain trains? Have our planes been able to take them out now that they have better ammo and the enemy planes are getting thinned by our flak?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 02, 2015, 05:01:53 am »

Apparently not.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 02, 2015, 05:05:38 am »

Apparently not.
We have cars carrying anti air machine guns, which kill your puny fighters.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 02, 2015, 05:08:01 am »

when did you revise your trains to have that?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2015, 05:09:24 am »

We're firing at the railroads. You don't have enough cars nor planes to save those entirely.

And a massive train, loaded with ore, coming down the mountain at full speed, is not easy to stop.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2015, 05:18:56 am »

We're firing at the railroads. You don't have enough cars nor planes to save those entirely.

And a massive train, loaded with ore, coming down the mountain at full speed, is not easy to stop.
Your 20mm rounds are ineffective at destroying rails, because they cannot accurately hit a railroad track. Sure, you might ruin some sections of rail but nothing a maintenance crew can't replace in a few hours' work. It'll take bombs or artillery, or infantry, be that reliable at cutting off rail access.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2015, 05:20:01 am »

Your 20mm rounds are ineffective at destroying rails, because they cannot accurately hit a railroad track. Sure, you might ruin some sections of rail but nothing a maintenance crew can't replace in a few hours' work. It'll take bombs or artillery, or infantry, be that reliable at cutting off rail access.
WWI pilots used to literally throw mortar and artillery shells out of the cockpit for bombing runs. Couldn't our guys do the exact same thing?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2015, 05:24:07 am »

The idea is that rather than attacking a train head on, you damage the rails in front of it. Since you're outside the effective range of his anti-air, he can't do anything to stop it.

Meanwhile, a fully loaded train can take several kilometers to stop (going to be worse in the mountains) so it will drive over the ruined track, derail and destroy the entire railroad.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2015, 05:34:18 am »

I'm actually surprised the recoilless gun helped in the mountains so much.

Though in regards to the bombing of railways, I thought we did that last turn, or did that just not go through?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2015, 05:35:45 am »

Your bombers were being shot out of the sky by our overwhelming airforce.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 159