Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1679334 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4935 on: June 24, 2017, 10:26:23 pm »

Enslave them so you can literally eat them.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: June 25, 2017, 01:04:08 am »

So I did a mix of most of them; I suppressed my pacifist faction to drive down their numbers and picked a fight with one of my (formerly) friendly neighbors to liberate a few worlds (and probably integrate them later...). While mopping up that, what I assume is the Big Crisis started, so I wrapped up that way and hiked across the map to check that out.

Their (multiple) 70k fleets crumbled before my (singular) 80k fleet.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: June 29, 2017, 11:36:01 am »

Pretty much a newbie to Paradox sim games. Only played a little of the CKII demo before stopping.

Seems like there is a ton to learn in Stellaris. I keep finding myself at a loss as to what to do with my fledgling stellar empire. There's so much to keep track of and so much to do that I feel like I have little to no control over what I'm doing, I'm just responding to what seems good to do.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: June 29, 2017, 02:01:57 pm »

New DD (#75). Apparently they won't stop posting these even though the swedes are on vacation or something.

Pretty much a newbie to Paradox sim games. Only played a little of the CKII demo before stopping.

Seems like there is a ton to learn in Stellaris. I keep finding myself at a loss as to what to do with my fledgling stellar empire. There's so much to keep track of and so much to do that I feel like I have little to no control over what I'm doing, I'm just responding to what seems good to do.

You'll need to be a bit more specific with your doubts and problems if you want help.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: June 29, 2017, 02:41:40 pm »

That's pretty normal for Paradox games.  For your first like hour or so you just want to figure out what all the buttons do.  Then set goals for yourself and try to accomplish them.  Most things take a while and you don't really *need* to micro everything.  If you play passively for a while your empire will still be there when you start to do things again.  If there's nothing useful to do at the current time just increase the game speed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: June 29, 2017, 04:51:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, this looks like it will be fun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: June 29, 2017, 05:11:22 pm »

That's pretty normal for Paradox games.  For your first like hour or so you just want to figure out what all the buttons do.  Then set goals for yourself and try to accomplish them.  Most things take a while and you don't really *need* to micro everything.  If you play passively for a while your empire will still be there when you start to do things again.  If there's nothing useful to do at the current time just increase the game speed.

Also, don't be afraid to periodically pause the game and just go over everything. Check your research, check your planets to figure out if you need to prepare for more populations soon, look at the diplomacy screen to see how you rank up to the other empires. And scan around a bit, see what you know about your neighbors, how big they are, who they're at war with. Make sure you're not falling too far behind militarily.

The game is quite nice about letting you do everything paused, so you can take as much time as you need to set things up before increasing the speed and letting things happen.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: June 29, 2017, 06:33:38 pm »

That feeling when your homeworld is 5 jumps away from the local fanatical purifier.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4943 on: June 29, 2017, 06:35:53 pm »

The nice thing about fanatical purifiers is that they never ever ally with anyone so if you can manage to stay ahead of them by grabbing an ally or just teching like hell, you can engage them by themselves and eat them up.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: June 29, 2017, 11:04:39 pm »

Not sure about this new story pack. Seems like it's going to be present in every game but I'm not sure it's dynamic and varied enough to support that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: June 29, 2017, 11:39:21 pm »

Not sure about this new story pack. Seems like it's going to be present in every game but I'm not sure it's dynamic and varied enough to support that.
It'll probably be like the Horizon Signal thing where you want to turn it off after the nth time.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:17 pm »

I still have not once encountered the content from Horizon Signal. Literally zero times.
One day, maybe.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: June 30, 2017, 01:34:16 am »

Horizon Signal

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I feel like it clashes with the tone of the rest of the game a lot, but eh - it's fun enough for a few goes, usually if it pops up I ignore it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: June 30, 2017, 01:41:01 am »

For once, I am highly displeased at the quality of DLC Paradox has been putting out. The game really needs to expand it's mechanics--adding more filler and fluff is a nice after thought, but it does literally nothing to heighten the game on it's own. Mostly a very disappointing streak thus far for Stellaris.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: June 30, 2017, 01:44:33 am »

I'd like to get into the psychic realm at some point, mostly to dick around with the Chaos Gods expys, but I can't bring myself to play a fanatic spiritualist empire, which makes it... difficult. Why does psychic potential have to be locked behind religious dogma? :P
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 632