Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008862 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2670 on: July 02, 2016, 01:13:57 am »

I'm not sure if you're serious or not but one of the major propaganda drives those groups make is saying that western countries want to do exactly that, playing on resentment from when it happened before, or both. Proving them right would be counterproductive to say the least.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 02, 2016, 01:17:18 am »

I do believe OW was indulging in a shitpost.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 02, 2016, 01:19:39 am »

Oh. I'll just see myself out then.

*Grumbles incoherently about text and tone-deafness*
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: July 02, 2016, 07:20:20 pm »

Libya is a good example. Civil war against Gadaffi, the West bombed the shit out them, massive political vacuum, vague promises of "yeah we'll help you sort yourselves out after elections" then just left them to it. Last I checked (a while back) there were two groups claiming legitimacy for government, one of which was religious in nature.
Things are actually starting to look better. And the West is indeed helping - SAS forces are aiding the fight against the Libyan IS branch, for example.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 02, 2016, 08:04:22 pm »

You call that "starting to look better"?

IS got a foothold there in the first place because we left them to rot in a power vacuum after 'supporting' them to get rid of Kadhaffi.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: July 03, 2016, 06:29:38 am »

You call that "starting to look better"?

IS got a foothold there in the first place because we left them to rot in a power vacuum after 'supporting' them to get rid of Kadhaffi.
Well, by that measure, unless Time Rangers are deployed, it's not gonna get better ever, isn't it?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2676 on: July 03, 2016, 08:04:26 pm »

Hey, when was the last time Hizbullah gassed civilians?

Also, the US IS fighting IS on the ground, in a limited capacity, within Iraq. Mostly artillery support though (which I guess can still be framed as "dropping bombs from above".)

Edit: The Austrian presidential election results is overturned after court find some postal ballots haven't been appropriately handled. New election to be help in september or october.
Oh shit, the Austrians weren't lying

It does not look like anyone except iran and syria want to really engage isis in any way except dropping few bombs from above.

If the West, led by the Untied States, engaged in a serious ground effort to combat them, ISIS would get a tremendous morale boost, would get flooded in locals and foreigners joining them and would ensure that their image as Islamic liberators fighting against infidels and crusaders would further entrench itself within muslim minds.

Besides, the West spends considerably more funds and resources on fighting ISIS than Iran or Russia.
As opposed to the current ISIS, flooded in locals and foreigners joining them, with their image as Islamic liberators fighting against infidels and crusaders? Only thing I dispute is their moral, which plummeted when Western and Eastern air strikes blew up their cash reserves (literally), their oil reserves (literally), their leadership (literally), so all in all, exploding with no money, food, water, hope of victory tends to decrease moral, and no one wants to join useless losers whose sole vocation are committing suicide.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2677 on: July 03, 2016, 08:09:38 pm »

We really should be doing some kind of propaganda war. Give them, I dunno, toilet paper and stuff. Show them the superiority of western civilisation in a non-militaristic sense.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: July 03, 2016, 08:14:41 pm »

We really should be doing some kind of propaganda war. Give them, I dunno, toilet paper and stuff. Show them the superiority of western civilisation in a non-militaristic sense.
... to be honest, I'm still aghast that a good chunk of western  is not familiar with what a bidet is.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2679 on: July 03, 2016, 08:15:31 pm »

... to be honest, I'm still aghast that a good chunk of western  is not familiar with what a bidet is.
Remove bidet

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2680 on: July 03, 2016, 08:17:22 pm »

pansy Europan filth
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 03, 2016, 11:04:50 pm »

Bidet, pfff, they should embrace the future and learn how to use the three seashells.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: July 03, 2016, 11:24:02 pm »

What's up with the northeasternmost Asia claim? As far as I know, there's no Muslim presence there either modern or historical.
Saw this a while back; sorry for dredging it up, but you never got a serious answer.  The group linked were not just Islamists, but pan-Turkist Islamists, and they apparently decided to link the two with a logical OR instead of a logical AND.  The Yakuts/Sakha are technically a Turkic people along with the Tuvans, Altay, and Yugur/Uyghur, though they're about as Islamic as pork.  That, however, can be easily "solved."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:26:28 pm by Culise »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: July 04, 2016, 12:29:00 am »

By making bacon out of thinly sliced, salted and smoked beef?
That's already a thing and it's terrible to blaspheme against bacon like that.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 04, 2016, 12:53:05 am »

Nah, pan-Turkism, remember?  It's turkey bacon, all the way.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 793